• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. Is it necessary to play borderlands 1?

User Info: DevilHands

DevilHands
1 month ago#1
Hi guys, been meaning to give this game a try. Now that its going to be free, pretty excited for this but is it actually necessary to play borderlands 1? Since as far as I know this bundle doesnt include it?
"For everything we love we eventually lose
and for everything we hate we eventually face"

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
1 month ago#2
It's not a necessity, since BL2 recaps what little plot the first game had quickly. You might get a better appreciation for some of the callbacks, though.

User Info: AsIfByMagic

AsIfByMagic
1 month ago#3
Yeah, it's better if you've played 1, but the first is very light on story so you'd be up to speed after about two sentences of recap. The main thing you'd miss out on is knowing the returning characters but that's no big deal.

4 people turn up on a planet called Pandora looking for a legendary vault of ancient alien treasure which only opens every few hundred years, they're helped along the way by a mysterious computer-woman called Angel, a crazy scientist called Tannis and a few others. They find the vault at the end but it only contains a giant monster with a big eye and a lot of tentacles... then they kill it; the end.

That's basically it.

User Info: Xanthus179

Xanthus179
1 month ago#4
Yeah, it's definitely not required, but if you have the time and money, I would recommend it. It's fun, and the GOTY version had some nice quality of life upgrades.

My biggest warning is that if you decide to play all three games, you might considered breaking them up some so as not to get burnout.
"What's worse, thinking you're being paranoid or knowing you should be?" Primer

User Info: Thermador446

Thermador446
1 month ago#5
It has the best character to play as(not just borderlands, of all rpgs), but that's probably about it.
"While you were wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I was systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!" -The Monarch

User Info: Mister_Sister

Mister_Sister
1 month ago#6
The DLC does have better story than the main game for the most part
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3304/3338964892_c8ab937dac.jpg?v=0
http://u1.ipernity.com/12/00/01/6160001.cff20f88.560.jpg

User Info: Whitley

Whitley
1 month ago#7
Borderland story so far video on YouTube could help
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. Is it necessary to play borderlands 1?
  • Topic Archived