You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: Karyotic

Karyotic
4 weeks ago#1
Curious if there’s any optimal play order for someone who’s coming off the BL1 remaster which was my first game of the series. Also have to say kinda kicking myself in the ass for not playing these back when they came out.

User Info: Agent_Ace

Agent_Ace
4 weeks ago#2
Borderlands 2 for sure.

User Info: heavyacademic

heavyacademic
3 weeks ago#3
Personally I would go for TPS as it explains a lot about why Handsome Jack acts the way he does in BL2.
3DS Friend Code: 0705-2636-2833

User Info: flaremmm

flaremmm
3 weeks ago#4
Release order is the way to go - So BL2.

TPS will spoil BL2 and frequently nods to it in a way you'd appreciate more if you played BL2; it is a prequel afterall.

BL2 has way more content and players so it's much easier to find a match as well.
"Sephiroth, Have you Lost weight?"

User Info: AsIfByMagic

AsIfByMagic
3 weeks ago#5
heavyacademic posted...
Personally I would go for TPS as it explains a lot about why Handsome Jack acts the way he does in BL2.

It would definitely be an interesting way to play it (especially playing TPS without knowing how Jack turns out) if they hadn't gone with the story being told by people after BL2, but it's a crazy order because (TC don't click this spoiler) the most shocking moment in 2 would be ruined by Lilith saying about Roland in TPS.

So 100% play 2 first, otherwise some big moments will be spoiled by what people say in TPS. I'm doing 1 > TPS > 2 > Tales before 3 comes out, but obvs I'm not playing through for the first time.
(edited 3 weeks ago)