You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: leeman3104

leeman3104
1 month ago#1
i've kinda avoided it before, because i don't like having to constantly slag stuff past TVHM, but i also kinda want to get my siren to the point where she has singularity, can phaselock multiple foes in one use, and stuff like heilos/ruin a large group of foes, repeatedly, with one use of her action skill, point.

but i kinda don't like the uvhm scaling, or slag. any tips, or motivation?
https://imgur.com/a/cZzvkKn jrpg is referring to a genre, not the location it was made.
https://imgur.com/a/QjeVqSD me versus sjw/antisjw/censorship stuff

User Info: dkconklin

dkconklin
1 month ago#2
Get a magic missile grenade mod from the Tiny Tina DLC. Makes slagging a whole lot easier. They drop from badass wizards. While you're there you can pick up the Grog Nozzle from a sidequest called The Beard Makes the Man as well. Helps with slag and health regeneration. It's a mission weapon so don't complete the quest and you can keep it.

I've beaten UVHM with Maya before. She's a strong character so It's not very hard. Plus with the right skills she can slag enemies with phaselock. For me the game doesn't really start until you get to UVHM. Level scaling makes farming for the best equipment much easier.

leeman3104
1 month ago#3
@dkconklin posted...
Get a magic missile grenade mod from the Tiny Tina DLC. Makes slagging a whole lot easier. They drop from badass wizards. While you're there you can pick up the Grog Nozzle from a sidequest called The Beard Makes the Man as well. Helps with slag and health regeneration. It's a mission weapon so don't complete the quest and you can keep it.

I've beaten UVHM with Maya before. She's a strong character so It's not very hard. Plus with the right skills she can slag enemies with phaselock. For me the game doesn't really start until you get to UVHM. Level scaling makes farming for the best equipment much easier.

eh, not sure about it's scaling being 'good' for farming. all i tend to hear about is some people wanting to farm legendaries like every 3 levels.

though i do like that her action skill can slag. makes things a little easier, and while i actually do like UVHM in TPS, not as much in bl2, so not entirely sure how well it'll go, but i'll try and get a level 50 magic missile. will i sorta need to farm the legendary version, or am i good with a lower rarity version?

also, do you mean aim for the grog nozzle immediately in UVHM?
https://imgur.com/a/cZzvkKn jrpg is referring to a genre, not the location it was made.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: MarkDeHyperion

MarkDeHyperion
1 month ago#4
leeman3104 posted...
@dkconklin posted...

eh, not sure about it's scaling being 'good' for farming. all i tend to hear about is some people wanting to farm legendaries like every 3 levels.

though i do like that her action skill can slag. makes things a little easier, and while i actually do like UVHM in TPS, not as much in bl2, so not entirely sure how well it'll go, but i'll try and get a level 50 magic missile. will i sorta need to farm the legendary version, or am i good with a lower rarity version?

also, do you mean aim for the grog nozzle immediately in UVHM?

It's more of a requirement than wanting to farm your main gear at least in UVHM due to the horrid scaling. Though if you have a DPUH you can wait out a bit longer before getting another. Aim for the purple rarity magic missle if possible, but if the grind is too much try out the blue. You just mostly want a grog for it's healing and effects so I'm guessing the level doesn't matter since I believe it scales to at least 72 (I don't use one so this is from what I've read before iirc). And glad to see someone likes TPS balancing. I see hardcore fans saying the scaling sucks. Like what? You hate not being forced to use a handful of limited gear and shooting bullet sponge super soldiers?
Mega Man/Borderlands fanatic

leeman3104
1 month ago#5
MarkDeHyperion posted...

It's more of a requirement than wanting to farm your main gear at least in UVHM due to the horrid scaling. Though if you have a DPUH you can wait out a bit longer before getting another. Aim for the purple rarity magic missle if possible, but if the grind is too much try out the blue. You just mostly want a grog for it's healing and effects so I'm guessing the level doesn't matter since I believe it scales to at least 72 (I don't use one so this is from what I've read before iirc). And glad to see someone likes TPS balancing. I see hardcore fans saying the scaling sucks. Like what? You hate not being forced to use a handful of limited gear and shooting bullet sponge super soldiers?

yeah, i honestly hate the idea of slag being pretty much required, as well as enemies scaling way worse, thanks to them going that route.

felt like the scaling in TPS was fine, though of course, they f***ed up the exp gain in TPS, but both weapon scaling as well as enemies weren't bad at all. and i do tend to really like TPS, felt lasers and glitch weapons were a wonderful change, and the action skills and skill trees in general were better done, though, admittedly is kinda lacking in content.

but, while my dumb ass is kinda fine with my gaige and sal at 50, and going 'done, son' apparently i really want the siren to be higher, like 61 so i can get to ruin, subsequence, wreck, and that legendary class mod for reaper, blight, sweet release, wreck, and suspension.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: AsIfByMagic

AsIfByMagic
4 weeks ago#6
With stuff like Ruin, Converge and Cloud Kill I didn't have too many problems with Maya on UVHM.

I agree that not having to use slag makes it less of a pain in TPS, but it bugs me that you can't get close to max level without grinding like hell. Hopefully we get the best of both in 3.

leeman3104
4 weeks ago#7
AsIfByMagic posted...
With stuff like Ruin, Converge and Cloud Kill I didn't have too many problems with Maya on UVHM.

I agree that not having to use slag makes it less of a pain in TPS, but it bugs me that you can't get close to max level without grinding like hell. Hopefully we get the best of both in 3.

yeah, exp gain's definitely f***ed. i just reset the first quest for a few hours, was probably actually faster than if it was balanced to level you to max in one more playthrough, honestly.

but yeah, i really want that sort of combo, and the class mod that supports it, so to me, the character's not 'finished', whereas gaige and sal, at least for me, don't really need that sort of thing to feel 'finished', as sal can do infinite gunzerk on even normal, and most of gaige's anarchy setup is basically done with like seven skill points, 5/5 close enough and 1/1 anarchy, everything else is mostly gravy, want discord, want the 100% shield on kill ability, but anarchy's essentially 1 point build in some ways.

User Info: WFO66

WFO66
4 weeks ago#8
Whenever I go through uvhm, I usually farm a dpuh every couple levels, have a decent slag weapon like the slagga, and keep my shield updated every couple levels too.

I also try to leave as many main and side missions as possible until I level up. A place I like to go to farm good amounts of xp with relative ease is the Immortal Woods in Tiny Tina's dlc. Lots of treants that give really nice xp, plus you can also get Bee shields off them which help you melt things much faster. Farm Doc Mercy every level or two for a current Infinity, or just use the dpuh and you should be good to go.

Just my thoughts. Maya is a beast in UVHM in my opinion.

If you would like someone to tag along to help you level, I would be willing to help. Let me know if that's something you'd like to do.
"Send me all your tired, weak, your hungry, sick, disgusted; My back is broke, flame is out, eyes and head are rusted; My arms are open wide"-Overkill

leeman3104
4 weeks ago#9
@WFO66

thanks for the offer, but atm thinking of just farming some mid boss type character for exp for a while, rather than doing story liek twice. i don't really like the idea of playing online with strangers, no offense. 99% solo, the only multiplayer i do is with friends, pretty much.

might swap to tinder if i need new weapons, but being able to spawn and kill someone worth decent exp in a few seconds is awesome, bad maw/zafford's great for that, at least, and i like/use the maggie, so another benefit to zafford. and i don't entirely feel like i need something as strong as DPUH atm, though still pretty early in my UVHM run.

i agree she's pretty damn strong in uvhm, a quick action skill and slag attached, and also able to affect other enemies, is great. and i've kinda gotten used to swapping weapons to slag when it's on cooldown, now. still kinda dislike it, but a slag sandhawk makes it pretty easy, ADS, fire once, swap, essentially. 21 pellets, if they all hit i guess, are pretty certain to slag a mofo.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: WFO66

WFO66
4 weeks ago#10
The nice thing about the dpuh is it's early in the playthrough, and really easy to farm. Couple that with a decent shield and some form of slag and you're set every couple levels.

Just suggestions, do what works for you. Everybody likes to level differently.

I still really like running the Immortal Woods for xp since it's early in the Tiny Tina dlc. Great xp with all the treants, some chests to farm, plus bee shields. It's a win win.

I usually play 99% solo on Borderlands as well, always have. I only play co op with a couple people I know and trust. If I ever join someone's host game I let them lead and collect everything, too many ninja looters out there.

If you ever change your mind let me know.
"Send me all your tired, weak, your hungry, sick, disgusted; My back is broke, flame is out, eyes and head are rusted; My arms are open wide"-Overkill