You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. How Do I Know UHD Textures Applied?

User Info: ms555

ms555
1 month ago#1
Hey guys, so I downloaded and installed the UHD pack, it was 15 gigs. But when I run the game, theres no HDR toggle or settings in the options menu. Also when I go to the downloads page, it says the UHD add on was PURCHASED but “Not downloaded.” I dont really get the issue here, was installing the pack not the final step? Or is the UHD just that subtle and theres no HDR options?

And yes running the Pro on a 4K screen
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Hring4k

Hring4k
1 month ago#2
Hello ms555,

Unfortunately I do not know a solution yet.

I discovered the exact same issue as you around 3am. Hopefully someone knows a solution on this board.

I will post anything about once I find out more. If you find out anything please update this thread as well.

User Info: caboose84

caboose84
1 month ago#3
I dunno, I never had the HDR option show up for me in the options in either game, but the little HDR icon shows up for me in the top right corner of my tv like it does for every other game that supports HDR, and both games are very clearly running at higher resolutions with significantly better texture work than when I popped it in earlier yesterday. I mean, Zer0’s Infern0 head was a dead giveaway to me how much better the textures look now.

There was also a 1GB patch that added support/compatibility for the 15GB UHD download. Did you make sure to update the game before playing it?
PSN/GT/Steam: PounceBounce84
The official unofficial Flash of the Injustice 2 boards.

User Info: Hring4k

Hring4k
1 month ago#4
Yes for sure I have the latest patch. In fact it was insallted first (1G vs 15G).

Do you get the UHD add on was PURCHASED but “Not downloaded (top right corner).

ms555
1 month ago#5
Hring4k posted...
Yes for sure I have the latest patch. In fact it was insallted first (1G vs 15G).

Do you get the UHD add on was PURCHASED but “Not downloaded (top right corner).

Ya @caboose84 if you could check the Download page thatd be great. I have a lower end 4K tv so the upgrade is gonna be subtler for me, but Id still like to know the UHD patch is running despite what the Download page says

User Info: MadDewg

MadDewg
1 month ago#6
Check your notifications. It should say installed if you actually downloaded it.
GTag:XlX Zoro XlX PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx I bet my left nut on bloodstained ritual of the night being awesome...I like my left nut IGA, come through for me.

User Info: caboose84

caboose84
1 month ago#7
So I just checked and it says “Purchased” not “Downloaded”, but I haven’t played the original versions of Borderlands 2 or Pre-Sequel on my 360 and PS3 respectively in years, so I have no idea if it did something similar with other DLC packs.

In any case, even just looking at the Borderlands 2 main menu screen, I can tell how much clearer the picture is. The loading times are a little longer than they were before I downloaded the texture pack, and there seems to be more texture pop-in, so that might be another thing to look for. Even just looking at the character customization screen, most of Zer0’s heads that have a crease/slit that gives off light, the texturing where the light starts to end would give off some pixelation before installing the patch, and now all of his heads are noticeably much smoother. His Infern0, Disharm0ny, and any other heads that have a light source on them are significantly improved.

The draw distance seems to have been improved as well, and even the flat surfaces that are drawn to look like textures from a distance, like pebbles in the ground and general texture surfaces are also definitely improved. You’ll notice it more in the general environments and when looking off in the distance, like at mountains, the skybox, etc. more than you’ll notice it on like your guns or hand models or anything like that. It doesn’t look like they touched up pre-rendered cutscenes unfortunately, so anything not running in-engine looks a little worse in comparison, but everything in-game looks significantly better.

This is all coming from someone who admittedly doesn’t know that much about TVs or texturing or anything like that. I just got a PS4 Pro, and a 43 inch LG UHD TV which was only $350 about 2 weeks ago now, and Spider-Man and Red Dead Redemption 2 are the only other games I’ve played on it so far that even support the Pro enhancements. Well, and the MK11 beta, but I think that only supported HDR, not 4K. I’m just saying I might not be the most knowledgeable person to ask, but everything looks significantly better on my end in both games. Either way, it could be worse, it could have the awful screen tearing the original game’s remaster has been plagued with.
PSN/GT/Steam: PounceBounce84
The official unofficial Flash of the Injustice 2 boards.

User Info: lilaznboy77

lilaznboy77
1 month ago#8
Mines installed but yeah not sure if it was activated or not. I'm assuming it is though?
twitch.tv/villyp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvyOepI4V9k

ms555
1 month ago#9
caboose84 posted...
So I just checked and it says “Purchased” not “Downloaded”, but I haven’t played the original versions of Borderlands 2 or Pre-Sequel on my 360 and PS3 respectively in years, so I have no idea if it did something similar with other DLC packs.

In any case, even just looking at the Borderlands 2 main menu screen, I can tell how much clearer the picture is. The loading times are a little longer than they were before I downloaded the texture pack, and there seems to be more texture pop-in, so that might be another thing to look for. Even just looking at the character customization screen, most of Zer0’s heads that have a crease/slit that gives off light, the texturing where the light starts to end would give off some pixelation before installing the patch, and now all of his heads are noticeably much smoother. His Infern0, Disharm0ny, and any other heads that have a light source on them are significantly improved.

The draw distance seems to have been improved as well, and even the flat surfaces that are drawn to look like textures from a distance, like pebbles in the ground and general texture surfaces are also definitely improved. You’ll notice it more in the general environments and when looking off in the distance, like at mountains, the skybox, etc. more than you’ll notice it on like your guns or hand models or anything like that. It doesn’t look like they touched up pre-rendered cutscenes unfortunately, so anything not running in-engine looks a little worse in comparison, but everything in-game looks significantly better.

This is all coming from someone who admittedly doesn’t know that much about TVs or texturing or anything like that. I just got a PS4 Pro, and a 43 inch LG UHD TV which was only $350 about 2 weeks ago now, and Spider-Man and Red Dead Redemption 2 are the only other games I’ve played on it so far that even support the Pro enhancements. Well, and the MK11 beta, but I think that only supported HDR, not 4K. I’m just saying I might not be the most knowledgeable person to ask, but everything looks significantly better on my end in both games. Either way, it could be worse, it could have the awful screen tearing the original game’s remaster has been plagued with.

Thanks for the input man. Its hard to tell on my part because the last time I played the Handsome Collection was on a vanilla PS4 and 720p tv. I upgraded to Pro and a 43 inch Toshiba 4k, so the game looks loads better now by default! I wasnt sure if I was getting the maximum experience here.

It does look great tho. But I also feel like it looked great before hahaha

User Info: GigaGaia

GigaGaia
1 month ago#10
Does the 4K patch make a massive difference? I might replay it if the difference is that big.
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. How Do I Know UHD Textures Applied?