You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Exeledusp

Exeledusp
1 month ago#1
Let me start off by saying that I play solo.
I'm trying my best to see if it's possible to go deep enough into each tree to acquire 5 quicken, 5 life tap, and ruin.

Figured I could forgo scorn thanks to ruin and quicken, but I'm not sure if this is even possible to do because I'm not familiar with how many points it takes to unlock each tier on the skill tree.

Any suggestion is welcome, thanks in advance!

User Info: Aerosoldier

Aerosoldier
1 month ago#2
Guess nobody answers our questions, try reddit haha!
Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

User Info: Egoist

Egoist
1 month ago#3
Quicken isn't worth it when you're using a Legendary Siren Class Mod and a Bone of the Ancients, most people just stop at Converge and just go down the Harmony Tree to get scorn. Phaselock has a very low cooldown timer to begin with and Quicken is additive so at best it would shave off like 1.5/2 secs at 5/5. Not worth it.

The Motion Tree is considered a "situational" skill tree for most, Ward, Suspend, Converge are all equally top tier skills for where they're at and how early you can get them.

Inertia is a kill skill so it's not really useful for most of the raids, but for mobbing it is incredible, keeping your bee shield up.

Accelerate is mostly used for Beehawk. 5/5 or 10/10 in that skill will make you adjust on where to aim with the Pimpernel which is one of Maya's best sniper rifle, arguably her best so most players would just put 1/5 if they're using a Class Mod that boosts it to not f*** up the Pimpernel.

EDIT: No, it's not possible to get 5/5 Quicken, 5/5 Lifetap, and Ruin. The best you'll get without class mod boosts is 1/5 Quicken 5/5 Lifetap and Ruin.

Fleet is use for speed farming, mostly with rough rider shield. Again, another situational skill.

Kinetic Reflection is only used for Mirror kills of the Ancient Dragons, same goes for Thoughtlock.

Sub-Sequence looks and sounds cool but most Maya players would rather have Phaselock start it's cooldown earlier than rely on the s***ty tracking of Sub-Sequence. This skill is honestly one of the worst skills of Maya.

Long story short, Just go get Converge and work on getting Scorn (amazing at slagging in FFYL or when Phaselock is in cooldown) and Ruin (Amazing at slagging PERIOD) because Quicken has some severe diminishing returns. I'd rather have 1/5 in Accelerate for the class mod boost and 3/5 in Inertia to up my defense and offense with the bee shield.
(edited 1 month ago)

Exeledusp
1 month ago#4
Egoist posted...
Quicken isn't worth it when you're using a Legendary Siren Class Mod and a Bone of the Ancients, most people just stop at Converge and just go down the Harmony Tree to get scorn. Phaselock has a very low cooldown timer to begin with and Quicken is additive so at best it would shave off like 1.5/2 secs at 5/5. Not worth it.

The Motion Tree is considered a "situational" skill tree for most, Ward, Suspend, Converge are all equally top tier skills for where they're at and how early you can get them.

Inertia is a kill skill so it's not really useful for most of the raids, but for mobbing it is incredible, keeping your bee shield up.

Accelerate is mostly used for Beehawk. 5/5 or 10/10 in that skill will make you adjust on where to aim with the Pimpernel which is one of Maya's best sniper rifle, arguably her best so most players would just put 1/5 if they're using a Class Mod that boosts it to not f*** up the Pimpernel.

EDIT: No, it's not possible to get 5/5 Quicken, 5/5 Lifetap, and Ruin. The best you'll get without class mod boosts is 1/5 Quicken 5/5 Lifetap and Ruin.

Fleet is use for speed farming, mostly with rough rider shield. Again, another situational skill.

Kinetic Reflection is only used for Mirror kills of the Ancient Dragons, same goes for Thoughtlock.

Sub-Sequence looks and sounds cool but most Maya players would rather have Phaselock start it's cooldown earlier than rely on the s***ty tracking of Sub-Sequence. This skill is honestly one of the worst skills of Maya.

Long story short, Just go get Converge and work on getting Scorn (amazing at slagging in FFYL or when Phaselock is in cooldown) and Ruin (Amazing at slagging PERIOD) because Quicken has some severe diminishing returns. I'd rather have 1/5 in Accelerate for the class mod boost and 3/5 in Inertia to up my defense and offense with the bee shield.

I didnt think I'd miss scorn but sometimes having another slag tool, especially for ffyl, is immensely useful. If you really think I can be well off without quicken, I'll give it a shot.

User Info: Egoist

Egoist
4 weeks ago#5
For general mobbing you won't need quicken. The entire left tree is mostly used for Dragons/Vorac slaying, there's where quicken becomes mandatory especially when you decide to use the Cat class mod since it's impossible for Maya to survive those fights (Dragons) without thoughtlock spamming or some kind of cheese kill like mirroring or shamfleeting.

Subsequence is also used for speed running Digipeak, but if you don't mind adding extra time for your peak runs then it's not mandatory.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Novekye

Novekye
1 week ago#6
http://bl2skills.com

This will help answer any questions you have on viable builds. Its a skill calculator that will lwt you simulate leveling all the way to 72 so youll know exactly what level you can get what skill.
Psn id: Novekye_
Twitch id: twitch.tv/novekye Twitter id: twitter.com/novekye

Exeledusp
1 week ago#7
Novekye posted...

This will help answer any questions you have on viable builds. Its a skill calculator that will lwt you simulate leveling all the way to 72 so youll know exactly what level you can get what skill.

This will come in handy, thank you!

Novekye
1 week ago#8
Exeledusp posted...
Novekye posted...

Not a problem. Just make sure you dont choose the ucp option as that is pc only.

Exeledusp
1 week ago#9
Novekye posted...
Exeledusp posted...
Novekye posted...

Not a problem. Just make sure you dont choose the ucp option as that is pc only.

@Novekye is there a way to have it include skills gained through class mods?

Novekye
1 week ago#10
Exeledusp posted...
Novekye posted...
Exeledusp posted...
Novekye posted...

@Novekye is there a way to have it include skills gained through class mods?

Unfortunately no. But lookong up the class mod you like and calculating the stats shouldnt pose too much of an issue. There are also plenty of wonderful builds posted on the gearbox forums if you want to see what other players find popular.