• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. save and profile transfer instructions? just pull off PSN online storage?

User Info: kasplat360

kasplat360
4 years ago#1
Just wondering if you have to go back into the PS3 version and do some kind of new transfer export or if the PS4 games just pull the saves and profiles from PSN online storage, assuming you've uploaded your saves.

User Info: 4squarefighter

4squarefighter
4 years ago#2
It will use the in-game save transfer Cross-Save.
HardLight Assasin-Hero USPS
CR114 213SP 4070 Precision, there is no such thing as enough Skill Points. AM has revived powersets.

User Info: Dreyven

Dreyven
4 years ago#3
It won't pull off the psn online storage. You have to have the PS3 disc and update it then use the cross save feature in the PS3 game to transfer your save to the PS4. Same with the Pre-Sequel. Here are the instructions from gearbox:

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1338/cross-save-in-borderlands-the-handsome-collection

kasplat360
4 years ago#4
Thanks! This is going to be very tedious since you can only do one save at a time and have to switch between consoles for each import. The Diablo III cross-save was much easier.

I have a ton of characters (mules) for BL2 and a handful for TPS. I guess I should save off my profiles, burn the golden keys, etc. I thought the profile was going to transfer, but apparently not.

I just fired up both games on the PS3 and indeed after the patch Cross-save shows up in the main menus.

Oh well, I'm going to be playing Bloodborne first.

User Info: Sharebear420

Sharebear420
4 years ago#5
Wait.. You have to do this step for EVERY single character?

kasplat360
4 years ago#6
Sharebear420 posted...
Wait.. You have to do this step for EVERY single character?

That's what the instructions say. People that have Gearbox accounts to post on the forum should request a D3 style cross-save feature.

User Info: TheShadowGod

TheShadowGod
4 years ago#7
Aw dang I don't have the disc anymore. Guess I'll start over.

User Info: Sloth9230

Sloth9230
4 years ago#8
TheShadowGod posted...
Aw dang I don't have the disc anymore. Guess I'll start over.

Don't even have console anymore... my loyalty rewards ;_;
I'm known to punch 'em in the dick at the end of a fight
And I never say "I'm sorry" at the end of the night

User Info: HuuMaaN

HuuMaaN
4 years ago#9
doing it 1 character at a time is stupid beyond all recognition... I know people who have 15+ files..
Psn-LiKwiD Destiny Clan Guardians of alpha prime
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. save and profile transfer instructions? just pull off PSN online storage?
  • Topic Archived