• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. PSA: Claptastic Voyage part of day 1 update

User Info: Tsuruke

Tsuruke
4 years ago#11
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
Tsuruke posted...
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
No, the WiFi dosnt even reach my room. So I can't download the patch much less an 8 gig download.

Well, that's not their fault. Time to get an extender then.

Would a WiFi extender work if it's a public WiFi?

The WiFi we have available is public, but can only be connected to near our pool, I can't even detect it in my room. So if I were to pick up an extender, would be able to use it?

I'll skip the obligatory obnoxious reply of recommending getting your own Internet Service and actually reply with, "I can't say. I have never tried using a WiFi extender on Public/Open Wifi.".
All your tear are belong to us

User Info: Mech_Battalion

Mech_Battalion
4 years ago#12
WiFi extender only works if it is plugged into a place that receives at least 50% of the original signal. It must be set up as part of the original sources network as well.

Can I ask where you live that you have to use wifi from a public source?

User Info: Ninja_Gaignun

Ninja_Gaignun
4 years ago#13
I live in an apartment complex, but everything we have is provided by BH management.
Every game should have an optional Permadeath mode.

User Info: eauthor

eauthor
4 years ago#14
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
I live in an apartment complex, but everything we have is provided by BH management.

If you don't have the ability to get your own internet service and the internet doesn't reach your apartment I would totally call up management because that's ridiculous that you can't get internet because they have s***ty service.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. PSA: Claptastic Voyage part of day 1 update
  • Topic Archived