• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. Whoooo Thank Science...You can still get the 75 Golden Keys if you played on PC!

User Info: Mr-Android-

Mr-Android-
4 years ago#1
Ahoy hoy everyone!

So in preparation for the release of the handsome collection, I was reading about cross save and such. I did not play BL2/TPS on PS3 though, only on PC. I saw some people post the bonuses for cross save, and it sounded as though I would be missing out on it all. I went to the source of the info, and am now glad I did, as those of us who played on PC (or 360) previously will still get some swag, including the 75 golden keys!

What I think has been misconstrued is that there are two different types of bonus/recovery. One for cross save transfer, and one for SHiFT sign in. I'll list what is given for each below:

Cross Save Transfer (i.e. PS3 to PS4, or 360 to XBOne):

Borderlands 2/Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
*Character level and all mission progress
*Badass Points (all of these will transfer, but you’ll get to re-spend them)
*Backpack inventory
*Weapon slots
*Cash and Eridum/Moonstones
*All unlocked character customizations (heads/skins) ***note that customizations obtained from Telltale’s Poker Night 2 will be added in a patch following launch***
*Items stored in the bank in Sanctuary

Signing into SHiFT (not console or platform specific):

Borderlands 2
*75 Golden Keys
*A healthy chunk of Badass Rank
*Bonus character customizations

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
*75 Golden Keys
*A healthy chunk of Badass Rank
*Bonus unique weapons and character customizations

As you can see, those of us who are coming from a platform will miss out on our old character saves/data, but we will still receive 75 Golden keys, some badass points, and some additional character customizations. Happy Day!

Source: http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1338/cross-save-in-borderlands-the-handsome-collection
Abort, Retry, Fail?
PSN: Mr-Android-

User Info: oEASYLIFEo

oEASYLIFEo
4 years ago#2
.Mr-Android- posted...
we will still receive 75 Golden keys, some badass points, and some additional character customizations. Happy Day!

Very Nice!
I have BL 2 and TPS on PC so it's something to look forward to <3
Used to have BL 2 on 360 as well (getting Handsome Collection for PS4) but traded the 360 in ages ago.

User Info: SamcroReaper

SamcroReaper
4 years ago#3
I played BL2 on 360 and I created a Shift account to do so years ago. Does that mean if I log into Shift on the PS4 version that I'll get all the keys etc? If so, awesome.

User Info: Chariot_of_God

Chariot_of_God
4 years ago#4
Great, now I have to remember my shift account credentials...lol...
XBone/360: OsC Binary
PSN: OsCGunslinger

User Info: ryoko_chan

ryoko_chan
4 years ago#5
The article was not quite clear on whether this only applied if a save transfer was done or if it only looked if you owned the game and signed in to your Shift account. I hope you are right because I only own BL2 and PS on PC so the bonuses would be nice.

User Info: G2584

G2584
4 years ago#6
I also am coming from 360 to PS4. What I just did, was log into the shift website and link my PSN name to my account. This way they don't try to auto sign me in using my PSN email info, and the 2 accounts don't link.
Openly gay Christian. It does get better. Feel free to message me.

User Info: Chargrilled

Chargrilled
4 years ago#7
Sounds very good
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!

User Info: Mannzis

Mannzis
4 years ago#8
So I had the game on 360. I linked my Shift account to PS4 the other day. When I logged into BL2, it connected to shift, and said welcome back, but I did not get any extra keys. What gives? I thought the information in this thread indicated that people like me, despite not being able to transfer across systems would still get the bonus keys for having played played before
You Live, You Die, You Rez.

User Info: Mannzis

Mannzis
4 years ago#9
Again, I quote gearbox:

Your Golden Key balance will also not transfer. However, as a reward for playing Borderlands 2 and/or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, all players will receive the following bonuses upon signing into SHiFT in The Handsome Collection for the first time:

Borderlands 2

75 Golden Keys
A healthy chunk of Badass Rank
Bonus character customizations
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

75 Golden Keys
A healthy chunk of Badass Rank
Bonus unique weapons and character customizations
Note: These bonus Badass points can only be earned once and are redeemed instantly upon entering the game. We recommend using the Cross/Cloud Save functionality prior to starting a game in The Handsome Collection to transfer over your account’s Badass Rank. This will ensure that bonus Rank is awarded in addition to existing Badass Rank.
You Live, You Die, You Rez.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. Whoooo Thank Science...You can still get the 75 Golden Keys if you played on PC!
  • Topic Archived