• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. New to Borderlands and have noob questions...

User Info: MEFreak1984

MEFreak1984
4 years ago#11
LazyKorean posted...
Thanks, I'll check that out! The Zer0 Assassin sounds appealing.

He is good, but check some youtube build vids. Some of his perks sound good, but are more trouble than they're worth.
3DS FC: 2466-2889-3929 PSN ID: BladeGash
"What Would Giant Boy Detective Do!?"

User Info: Nidhogg151

Nidhogg151
4 years ago#12
MEFreak1984 posted...
LazyKorean posted...

He is good, but check some youtube build vids. Some of his perks sound good, but are more trouble than they're worth.

Agreed. I personally found Gaige and Salvador to be the most fun after trying everyone. Krieg was after them, then Axton, and Zer0/Maya were the least fun for me.
3DS FC: 4081-5732-1555
PSN: Eudyptes

User Info: MEFreak1984

MEFreak1984
4 years ago#13
Nidhogg151 posted...
MEFreak1984 posted...
LazyKorean posted...

Agreed. I personally found Gaige and Salvador to be the most fun after trying everyone. Krieg was after them, then Axton, and Zer0/Maya were the least fun for me.

My problem with Salvadore is when I Gunzerk, everyone scattered making it hard to shoot anyone while Dual-Wielding. For me, it's Gaige and then a split between Krieg and Axton.
3DS FC: 2466-2889-3929 PSN ID: BladeGash
"What Would Giant Boy Detective Do!?"

User Info: Nidhogg151

Nidhogg151
4 years ago#14
MEFreak1984 posted...
Nidhogg151 posted...
MEFreak1984 posted...
LazyKorean posted...

My problem with Salvadore is when I Gunzerk, everyone scattered making it hard to shoot anyone while Dual-Wielding. For me, it's Gaige and then a split between Krieg and Axton.

I found Salvador to be really good for survival. I forget what build I had with him now (it's been like 2 years), but he had the toolset to let you live on a lot of the stronger monsters. Gaige was just pure murder mode though. Axton was good, but I just remember him not clicking with me personally. I would recommend him to others, and I may even play him again in the HC since I only got him to 30~. Krieg was really fun while I played him, but I didn't get him too high cause I sorta just got burnt out of the game by the time I got to leveling him.

Maya and Zer0 were the only two I actually disliked playing. Which is funny because Lilith and Mordecai were my two favorites in BL1.

Anyway, if TC is still listening, I would strongly suggest he watach gameplay vids (like player vids, not propaganda) of all the chars and decide based on that. Cause how the characters appear to play, and how they actually play are two wildly different things for many of them.
3DS FC: 4081-5732-1555
PSN: Eudyptes

User Info: NAGDABBITALL

NAGDABBITALL
4 years ago#15
BL2 is the best, do it first. There's 3 playthrus, so it'll take you a long time, and UVHM is a lot harder than anything Destiny. Don't expect the "realism" of Destiny...BL is animated fun. Avoid Vita like ebola covered with herpes.
BL is 4 player co-op, with a public lobby that Destiny just couldn't get to work. There's no parallel between gear in the two games, they just work different, with BL having MUCH more emphasis on elemental damage (another thing Destiny couldn't get to work).
Most important....unlike Destiny, almost every aspect of BL can be "manipulated" (especially pc), there are scammers/cheaters/dimwits/and douchbags every 10 feet, and their saves from ps3 will transfer to ps4....STAY AWAY FROM THEM. You'll soon learn who they are and how to spot them.

User Info: LazyKorean

LazyKorean
4 years ago#16
Thanks for all the helpful tips guys. I been checking out the classes on the website and now having harder time to pick one to start with. I guess I'll check out some videos of class gameplay first.

And of course I'll start BL2 before TPS, seems to be the better game as well from what players are saying. Two more days... Then I have a game to play.
3DS FC: 2766-8380-8233
PSN: LuckyByun
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. New to Borderlands and have noob questions...
  • Topic Archived