• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. After clearing Destiny 100% it'll be nice to play a way better loot shooter

User Info: Dark Link 0

Dark Link 0
4 years ago#1
I only played through Borderlands 1, then held off on the others since I figured they would move to PS4 eventually. Destiny was fun, but it's admittedly not that great due to an extreme lack of content and lame loot system. Maybe Bungie will step up their game once this is released, but given their performance so far (taking 6 months to fix basic bugs) I doubt it.
PSN / XBL: Menorahman | | 3DS FC: 3883-7414-7055
Currently Playing: Destiny (PS4), Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS4), Fantasy Life

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 years ago#2
Only thing Destiny has going for it is the PVP.
PSN: captsplatter

User Info: Howatizer

Howatizer
4 years ago#3
Well Borderlands 2 isn't really much better in certain ways. There is a fair bit of grinding and the ring for drops can be really bad.

This is coming from someone who enjoyed Borderlands 2 enough to have pre-ordered this new edition. Borderlands 2 has more variety in the content but a lot of the end game is just running the same raids endlessly.
It is fortunate to be favored with praise and popularity. It is dire luck to be dependent on the feelings of your fellow man.- The Havamal

User Info: Dark Link 0

Dark Link 0
4 years ago#4
notice how you said raids plural?

yeah, Destiny doesn't have that unless you count the DLC bringing the total dungeon count to 2
PSN / XBL: Menorahman | | 3DS FC: 3883-7414-7055
Currently Playing: Destiny (PS4), Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS4), Fantasy Life

User Info: Howatizer

Howatizer
4 years ago#5
Yes Borderlands 2 has more raids, but Destiny has a decent PvP. Either way it still boils down to grinding the same content endlessly.

I own Destiny and Borderlands 2 with the Handsome collection pre-ordered. I am not trying to bash the games, I am just stating what the end game is for both games and they really don't differ.

Also a "Raid" in Borderlands is just a giant, bullet sponge boss generally... just like any boss in Destiny.
It is fortunate to be favored with praise and popularity. It is dire luck to be dependent on the feelings of your fellow man.- The Havamal

User Info: SamcroReaper

SamcroReaper
4 years ago#6
Destiny has decent PVP? LOL. Where is that, because all I see is an incredibly boring and bland PVP with some of the worst maps ever made in a modern shooter.

User Info: spiralofnine

spiralofnine
4 years ago#7
Dark Link 0 posted...
I only played through Borderlands 1, then held off on the others since I figured they would move to PS4 eventually.
Borderlands 2 came out ages ago. I couldn't imagine passing up Borderlands 2 when it was out. It was free and readily available for awhile.

User Info: TheRaiderNation

TheRaiderNation
4 years ago#8
captsplatter_1 posted...
Only thing Destiny has going for it is the PVP.

SamcroReaper posted...
Destiny has decent PVP? LOL. Where is that, because all I see is an incredibly boring and bland PVP with some of the worst maps ever made in a modern shooter.

To each their own I guess. Crucible mode was really the only aspect of Destiny I actually liked. The rest of the game was just average. The rest of the game wore out its welcome and got dull pretty fast for me.

User Info: Lord-of-Valeria

Lord-of-Valeria
4 years ago#9
Crucible isnt really that great. Its okay for the more casual player I guess, but it doesnt offer anything for the more competitive oriented players. The maps are bad, the weapons arent balanced well, and the game modes are boring to play. The only objective mode is just TDM with capture points tacked on to it.

Anyways, I agree. Borderlands is better in pretty much every aspect. Destiny is just holding me over until this collection comes out.
Official Judge of the Final Fantasy XV Board.
CP - Omega Ruby, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Destiny

User Info: spiralofnine

spiralofnine
4 years ago#10
Lord-of-Valeria posted...
Borderlands is better in pretty much every aspect.
I wildly disagree. Both are great at different things.

It is disappointing that Destiny wasnt the game it was supposed to be and was more of a sideways move compared to Borderlands 2. The gist Ive heard about the pre sequel is that its also a bit of a sideways move.

Id still play BL2 or Destiny over the vast majority of the games out there
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. After clearing Destiny 100% it'll be nice to play a way better loot shooter
  • Topic Archived