• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. Item duping, the d3 and bl2 killer

User Info: alirock110

alirock110
4 years ago#41
Chariot_of_God posted...
DoctorKoolMan posted...
QueezZeenart posted...
Play with friends only, or play alone. Problem solved.

i dont get why people think they are outsmarting the issue

the issue is duping breaks the in game economy

this goes for everyone trying to justify its existence in this topic and in general. I know most of you have seen people bring this up, and no one can give a reason why its ok to ruin it for everyone

personally I make the best of a bad scenario and do some PC modding once Ive had my fill thru the game, Id much prefer an actual economy, which is how the game is set up with all their trading stuff

its a problem that cant be addressed without making game saves server-side like how destiny does it

for those of us who want a legit experience you can try and find a small group of people to play with who dont cheat and make your own small economy, best we can do with what they give us

Exactly. Not to mention the trivialization of the game's fights due to over abundance of top end gear.

I've been trying to explain, perhaps not well, since it has been included in other parts of the thread; that yes, we can operate in our own little legit communities and just use private games, to cope with the current system. But that doesn't mean we need to be happy about it and not voice our opinion. Being forced to play like this because of dupers is exactly the problem we are upset about.

^Hey look you just found a friend!!! Exchange GTs and play together. Now all you need to do is repeat that process 2 more times and you will have a full lobby. You could grind this game out in a manner that you find fitting and everyone can have some fun. So one will break your economy, no one will OHK any raid bosses(Which would be modded weapons but that's a different debate for a different time) and you guys could spend weeks farming the same zone for a rare head or skin. Have at it.

I'm gonna dupe, ask for dupes and try to see as much of Pandora as I can. This is what Randy was talking about IMO. Having fun without ruining other players experience. When I 1st posted, I did not address you specifically, I didn't call anyone a name generally and I didn't trivialize anyone's familial obligations as a hollow excuse to cheat in a video game. Can you say the same Chariot?

You can't break an economy that never existed in the 1st place. Duping has been around since the day the BL dropped and has NOT changed in 6 years. 3 games, 2 console generations. How much longer before we stop considering it an exploit and see it's a way to play the game. You really don't have to do it if you don't want to.

Duping does not break the economy because the economy is already broken with a ridiculous drop rate for rare items. If it was guns, no problem, but cmon, I shouldn't have to fight the same raid boss 44585365369869863 times so I could get Zer0's "Dark Knight" skin.

Your opinion is just that, yours and it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. As long as the developers have a mechanism in place for me to acquire rare items in a convenient manner(An exploit they are aware of and does not care that it exist), I'm going to take advantage of it. You can do things your way with like minded people and I hope you enjoy your experience. But judging by our interactions here that's just going to be four people lording over each other on how to "properly" play the game and that don't sound like fun to me at all. So let's just agree that we will not exchange GTs and we will not find ourselves in each others games.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you on Tuesday when this game come out and I'm on here looking for people to dupe me skins and heads.

User Info: Chariot_of_God

Chariot_of_God
4 years ago#42
I have plenty of friends to play with (most from D3, FFXIV:ARR and my ESO guild). I'm sure we'll pick up new friends from this very board as we start playing it. Having friends to play with isn't the issue; being pretty much forced to only play with friends to avoid cheaters is. I've said this countless times.

You keep your interpretation of what Randy meant; whatever man, I'll keep my interpretation (along with the other evidence I post towards my side). It is getting tedious to keep explaining the same freakin' points to you. Right now, I just don't care to continue. You win. The game will play how you want it anyways, I'm sick of discussing it with you. You can just continue cheating and being part of a problem the ruins the game for others, completely oblivious to contribution you are making to that aggregate problem.

Have a good weekend. Hopefully in a few months, when my friends have moved on, and I need to start playing with randoms, you will have moved on too.
XBone/360: OsC Binary
PSN: OsCGunslinger

User Info: DoctorKoolMan

DoctorKoolMan
4 years ago#43
alirock110 posted...
^Hey look you just found a friend!!! Exchange GTs and play together. Now all you need to do is repeat that process 2 more times and you will have a full lobby. You could grind this game out in a manner that you find fitting and everyone can have some fun. So one will break your economy, no one will OHK any raid bosses(Which would be modded weapons but that's a different debate for a different time) and you guys could spend weeks farming the same zone for a rare head or skin. Have at it.

I'm gonna dupe, ask for dupes and try to see as much of Pandora as I can. This is what Randy was talking about IMO. Having fun without ruining other players experience. When I 1st posted, I did not address you specifically, I didn't call anyone a name generally and I didn't trivialize anyone's familial obligations as a hollow excuse to cheat in a video game. Can you say the same Chariot?

You can't break an economy that never existed in the 1st place. Duping has been around since the day the BL dropped and has NOT changed in 6 years. 3 games, 2 console generations. How much longer before we stop considering it an exploit and see it's a way to play the game. You really don't have to do it if you don't want to.

Duping does not break the economy because the economy is already broken with a ridiculous drop rate for rare items. If it was guns, no problem, but cmon, I shouldn't have to fight the same raid boss 44585365369869863 times so I could get Zer0's "Dark Knight" skin.

Your opinion is just that, yours and it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. As long as the developers have a mechanism in place for me to acquire rare items in a convenient manner(An exploit they are aware of and does not care that it exist), I'm going to take advantage of it. You can do things your way with like minded people and I hope you enjoy your experience. But judging by our interactions here that's just going to be four people lording over each other on how to "properly" play the game and that don't sound like fun to me at all. So let's just agree that we will not exchange GTs and we will not find ourselves in each others games.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you on Tuesday when this game come out and I'm on here looking for people to dupe me skins and heads.

first. Let me enlighten you on what an opinion is. An opinion is anything. I can point to a black cat and say it is a white dog, that is my opinion. It is wrong. Opinions CAN be wrong. There are certain types of opinions (i call them like/dislike opinions) that cant really be wrong.

to say it doesn't break the economy is a wrong opinion you have. To say the low drop rates broke the economy is wrong as well. If anything having super low drop rates in a game were any given gun can have thousands of part combinations increases the need for a trade system. Their in game economy they try to make has a long way to go.

Between increasing drop rates (i agree they are stupidly low), making actual uses for money and other premium currencies, and removing all bad gimmick weapons that take up legendary/pearl tier slots

but thanks for coming in here and being a jerk

alirock110 posted...
I'll see you on Tuesday when this game come out and I'm on here looking for people to dupe me skins and heads

just makes you look like an ***

if you dont think gearbox would have addressed the drop rate concerns and the poor way most of the guns scaled for end game/overlevels if the community was crying about it more youre naive

no one was tho, most of the community was too busy duping all the best items
Games Playing: Destiny, Far Cry 4, GTA V, MK8, SSB4, and Smite
Exotics Missing: Monte Carlo

User Info: JoHnEyAp

JoHnEyAp
4 years ago#44
eauthor posted...
You could always just not dupe? If you don't do something I don't really see how it affects your gameplay, unless you play online and simply can't stand other people having good guns or something.

While good in theory, it is tempting knowing it exists, at least for me. I try so hard not to exploit but it is in my nature and cannot help it. I gravitate to exploits unfortunately....
PSN: JoHnEyAp

User Info: WFO66

WFO66
4 years ago#45
DoctorKoolMan posted...
alirock110 posted...

first. Let me enlighten you on what an opinion is. An opinion is anything. I can point to a black cat and say it is a white dog, that is my opinion. It is wrong. Opinions CAN be wrong. There are certain types of opinions (i call them like/dislike opinions) that cant really be wrong.

to say it doesn't break the economy is a wrong opinion you have. To say the low drop rates broke the economy is wrong as well. If anything having super low drop rates in a game were any given gun can have thousands of part combinations increases the need for a trade system. Their in game economy they try to make has a long way to go.

Between increasing drop rates (i agree they are stupidly low), making actual uses for money and other premium currencies, and removing all bad gimmick weapons that take up legendary/pearl tier slots

but thanks for coming in here and being a jerk

alirock110 posted...
I'll see you on Tuesday when this game come out and I'm on here looking for people to dupe me skins and heads

just makes you look like an ***

if you dont think gearbox would have addressed the drop rate concerns and the poor way most of the guns scaled for end game/overlevels if the community was crying about it more youre naive

no one was tho, most of the community was too busy duping all the best items

Opinions are wrong? Wait, what??????

I'm really confused.

I guess I shouldn't post my opinion then because someone will tell me I'm wrong. Good to know.

Chariot_of_God
4 years ago#46
^ Yes, shocker, some opinions can be wrong. And in my opinion you are ignorant for thinking otherwise, don't try to argue you aren't, because by your own incredulation you imply you believe opinions can't be wrong; therefore my opinion is infalliable and you must truly be ignorant.

See what I did there? I seriously doubt you are truly ignorant, but I easily could hold an incorrect opinion of you due to lack of information regarding your true nature.

Opinions can be purely subjective (no right or wrong); or they can be based upon Objective reasoning and facts. In the case of these opinions on objective matters, they very easily can be wrong due to misinformation, ignorance or being willfully blind to the truth.

Opinion is not infallible and does not equal fact.

User Info: WFO66

WFO66
4 years ago#47
o·pin·ion
əˈpinyən/Submit
noun
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Opinions are just that; opinions. You can disagree with someone over their opinion, but who is to say that that persons' opinion is WRONG. No one. Opinions CANNOT be defined as wrong, they are subjective.

You may think I'm ignorant, but that is your opinion. Do I disagree with you? Yes. But that is my opinion.

Chariot_of_God
4 years ago#48
WFO66 posted...
o·pin·ion
əˈpinyən/Submit
noun
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Opinions are just that; opinions. You can disagree with someone over their opinion, but who is to say that that persons' opinion is WRONG. No one. Opinions CANNOT be defined as wrong, they are subjective.

You may think I'm ignorant, but that is your opinion. Do I disagree with you? Yes. But that is my opinion.

Then our opinions are in direct opposition to each other, both cannot be true at the same time. Objectively, you are ignorant or you are not ignorant; one of us is wrong.

The definition even states opinions do not need to be based on fact; if a belief is not based on fact, then it can objectively be wrong; unless of course it is a subjective opinion.

Do you see what I mean? In the ignorant example, one of us is correct, the other is incorrect; you cannot be both ignorant and not ignorant at the same time (well regarding the same topic, and assuming we are talking objectively and not relatively, which would turn it into a gradient of correct answers).

Edit - we can also look at the earth is flat argument. It was commonly held at some points in history that the earth was flat and the center of the universe. Are you going to claim those opinions were not objectively wrong? Because science has proven those wrong for centuries now.

User Info: Sharebear420

Sharebear420
4 years ago#49
Honestly duping has no effect on anyone lol even if you wanna trade.. Is it gonna make a difference to you? If the guy got it legit or duped, can you honestly tell one from the other? Quit being a baby my god. Don't play with ransoms simple as that. And to be honest, this "trade" community you speak of in borderlands is either really rare or non existent. I don't think in the 100s of hours I put into each borderlands game I've never ONCE been asked to trade or seen anyone trade

User Info: mokmuud

mokmuud
4 years ago#50
Sharebear420 posted...
Honestly duping has no effect on anyone lol even if you wanna trade.. Is it gonna make a difference to you? If the guy got it legit or duped, can you honestly tell one from the other? Quit being a baby my god. Don't play with ransoms simple as that. And to be honest, this "trade" community you speak of in borderlands is either really rare or non existent. I don't think in the 100s of hours I put into each borderlands game I've never ONCE been asked to trade or seen anyone trade

Exactly this
http://www.youtube.com/gamingrelay
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. Item duping, the d3 and bl2 killer
  • Topic Archived