• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. Item duping, the d3 and bl2 killer

User Info: sneak522

sneak522
4 years ago#21
Please don't confuse Duping with Modding...
From the posts so far people are saying that "Duping is ruining the game" and that statement is not entirely true.

Duping/trading helps people that have been farming for HOURS get an item that they have been looking for. Not to mention that even if you farm for hours you may not even get the particular drop that you are looking for. If a friend or somebody from a message board has the item and wants to share it with you duping does not "break" the game.

Duped Weapons and Items are limited by stats and Level restrictions and still provide challenges for players to continue to play.

Modded Weapons and Items however have game breaking stats and level restrictions that removes most if not all of the challenge out of the game.

Bottom Line: Duping Helps Saves Lives. Modding Breaks Games. The More You Know...

User Info: NAGDABBITALL

NAGDABBITALL
4 years ago#22
^^What he said....

User Info: Zignoff

Zignoff
4 years ago#23
Well a way to solve that would be to make the ****ing drop rates not complete ****.

That would solve alot of duping issues...
Here comes a New Web Comic for gamers, BY a gamer, Critique is welcomed as long as you are positive about it.
http://hatetheplayer.thewebcomic.com/

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 years ago#24
Zignoff posted...
Well a way to solve that would be to make the ****ing drop rates not complete ****.

That would solve alot of duping issues...

This, more people would play legit if that was the case.
PSN: captsplatter

User Info: jorgeammo

jorgeammo
4 years ago#25
I don't think Gearbox cares and I certainly don't.

There's always the option of just not duping, or are you just too weak willed to resist the temptation?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 years ago#26
jorgeammo posted...
I don't think Gearbox cares and I certainly don't.

There's always the option of just not duping, or are you just too weak willed to resist the temptation?

They could lock the saves to stop the duping, in which case PS+ would be a must since it would be the only way to copy a save then.
PSN: captsplatter

User Info: aPimp_named_leE

aPimp_named_leE
4 years ago#27
Duping helped keep the game fresh and fun for me and my friends. After playing for hundreds of hours the game gets stale and some enemies refuse to drop certain weapons, so yea, duping kept us playing a LOT longer. I dont play with randoms so your other points dont really apply either. Just play solo or make some friends and play with them with established rules. If it isnt a pvp game, duping/hacking really isnt such a big deal.
~I will floss my teeth with your soul~
3DS FCs 4742-5347-4933 (Y) 0044-3673-1990 (X)

User Info: Chariot_of_God

Chariot_of_God
4 years ago#28
sneak522 posted...
Please don't confuse Duping with Modding...
From the posts so far people are saying that "Duping is ruining the game" and that statement is not entirely true.

Duping/trading helps people that have been farming for HOURS get an item that they have been looking for. Not to mention that even if you farm for hours you may not even get the particular drop that you are looking for. If a friend or somebody from a message board has the item and wants to share it with you duping does not "break" the game.

Duped Weapons and Items are limited by stats and Level restrictions and still provide challenges for players to continue to play.

Modded Weapons and Items however have game breaking stats and level restrictions that removes most if not all of the challenge out of the game.

Bottom Line: Duping Helps Saves Lives. Modding Breaks Games. The More You Know...

Duping is worse then modding in my book; and I'll straight forward explain why.

1. It ruins any sort of trade environment. Perfect rolls are now the only items other players are interested in because duping floods the market with perfect rolls. This means non perfect items are considerably less valuable in a trade. Legit players are then at a disadvantage when it comes to trading because they do not have the perfect rolls everyone else is looking for. When perfect rolls are not flooding the community, less then perfect rolls become more appealing in trade.

2. Powerful combinations become common place. See Conference Call and the Bee. Both were pretty rare items in BL2 at launch. Duping caused them to be common place. They were so common that Gearbox had to nerf the Bee because it essentially broke the game with nearly everyone having it. The point is, if duping is allowed free reign, powerful items must be limited to keep their over use from ruining the game. This leads into item 3...

3. It ruins public games 100% for legit players. If I am playing, I actually want to fight the enemies/bosses. When I join public game and 3 other people in the room have the best gear (all duped), and essentially OHK everything, it ruins the fun for me. Legit players are basically barred from public online play because dupers are out of control.
XBone/360: OsC Binary
PSN: OsCGunslinger

User Info: alirock110

alirock110
4 years ago#29
This topic is full of Righteous Indignation. Get over your selves. Gearbox don't care if we dupe that's why they haven't fixed it. I got a full time job, a kid and other stuff to do so I can't be stuck fighting the same raid boss 508747498595372 times so he could drop a rare head/skin that I'd like to have. I'm gonna dupe and ask for dupes until there aint no more dupin' left to be duped; and anyone who don't like, don't got to play with me. You enjoy your gaming experience your way and I'll enjoy it my way.

User Info: Chariot_of_God

Chariot_of_God
4 years ago#30
alirock110 posted...
This topic is full of Righteous Indignation. Get over your selves. Gearbox don't care if we dupe that's why they haven't fixed it. I got a full time job, a kid and other stuff to do so I can't be stuck fighting the same raid boss 508747498595372 times so he could drop a rare head/skin that I'd like to have. I'm gonna dupe and ask for dupes until there aint no more dupin' left to be duped; and anyone who don't like, don't got to play with me. You enjoy your gaming experience your way and I'll enjoy it my way.

ITP: complete egocentricity and self-entitlement

You want those items without needing to put in the play time required to get them legitimately, so you rationalize that it is an okay excuse to support a system that effectively ruins a large portion of the game for many other players (the legit ones).

Oh, and you can't make the assumption that because gearbox hasn't done anything about it that they are implicitly sanctioning the behavior. Gearbox is motivated by bottom line; and permanently fixing duping is expensive (requires server side saves; which means server setup costs and maintenance costs). The more likely explanation is they aren't willing to shell out the money to fix duping, even though they don't think duping should be in the game. If they did think duping should be in the game, why do we have to exploit the games' systems in order to do it? If they were really pro duping, wouldn't they just give us an option to copy guns to other players, instead of forcing us to resort to exploits to do it? Granted, this is my interpretation and opinion, but I'm admitting that, not make my claim that it is 100% right; you'd be wise to do the same with your assertions on Gearbox's intentions.

I've seen Gearbox state they are down with creative modding; but I've never seen Gearbox say they are okay with duping; and in BL1 they fixed a couple different duping methods that popped up. Leading me to believe they at least were against it.

Sure, show me something from Gearbox saying, "Yeah, we are cool with duping and encourage it" and I'll concede this point (and start questioning my support of the company).
XBone/360: OsC Binary
PSN: OsCGunslinger
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. Item duping, the d3 and bl2 killer
  • Topic Archived