• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. Item duping, the d3 and bl2 killer

User Info: jessejarrar

jessejarrar
4 years ago#1
I won't be buying because of the item duping. Kills the purpose of looting for me.

User Info: Mattthehuman

Mattthehuman
4 years ago#2
They might patch it with this collection, but I'm not sure.

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
4 years ago#3
Any game that allows you to drop weapons, will eventually have people smart enough to figure out how to Dupe.

The fact that simply dropping an Item and turning off your console, won't save over the empty slot, the only other option would put people in a spot where people could steal from them, so Duping will always be there, unless the developer puts in place the non-duping mechanisms that put ownership on items. This works on Forza... Kind of, but there is always the chance that people will figure out how to dodge ownership.

User Info: eauthor

eauthor
4 years ago#4
You could always just not dupe? If you don't do something I don't really see how it affects your gameplay, unless you play online and simply can't stand other people having good guns or something.

User Info: evenflow80

evenflow80
4 years ago#5
eauthor posted...
You could always just not dupe? If you don't do something I don't really see how it affects your gameplay, unless you play online and simply can't stand other people having good guns or something.

That's what I don't get either. It's not like duping is this obtrusive bug or anything ; you really have to go out of your way to do it.

So.... just don't go out of your way to dupe?
"Yadamblahblahblahbla" - Toadsworth in Super Mario Sunshine.

ApexMjolnir
4 years ago#6
Actually if you let anyone enter your game, in an area that will not save, they can drop their modded/duped stuff, and then bounce. Then they can rejoin your game, and pick up whatever they want. anyone else that joins will stand there and stare for 20 minutes, trying to figure out if it is a gift from heaven or a curse, but it is Orange... so Yeah they are gonna pick it up... good luck making any progress with 3 people rifling through that stuff like goons at the flea market.

User Info: eauthor

eauthor
4 years ago#7
You could always just not open the game up to anyone and just play with friends. To be completely honest, that kind of stuff happens anyway with people rushing through areas to get to the chests and stuff and people loot through those things and probably takes about the same amount of time.

ApexMjolnir
4 years ago#8
Yeah... With the People that already put 500+ hours into the game, you can expect to see lots of people flying through an area, grabbing what they need, and whipping the boss really fast, before the host even knows what happened.

User Info: QueezZeenart

QueezZeenart
4 years ago#9
Play with friends only, or play alone. Problem solved.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 years ago#10
Only one way they could stop item duping, locking the saves. But nobody wants that. Just find legit people to play with.
"In Soviet Russia Ukraine invades you."
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  3. Item duping, the d3 and bl2 killer
  • Topic Archived