• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Few Questions about a CQ Lunatic Ironman I'm doing

User Info: 4804037267

1 month ago#1
I’m currently at chapter 16 (the boat map with Shura), and I have some team comp questions. So far, I’ve lost Effie, Leo, Silas, and Jakob.
  1. Gunter is level 12. Is it worth investing a seal into him to go Wyvern Lord? If so, should I wait until 15 to get armored blow first?
  2. I have a -mag +def Ninja talent level 1 promoted Corrin. I should seal to master ninja at level 5, right? Or is there a better option for Corrin? I married Jakob, if that makes a difference
  3. I currently have the Kana and Nyx!Ophelia paralouges open. I really want to get the Shigure, Nina, Velouria, and either Iggy or Percy paralouges. Arthur and Benny are pretty much equally bad, so I’m thinking of benching one and backpacking the other to Camilla. Arthur is a level 12 Dread Fighter, and Benny is base level. Which would you recommend?
  4. Follow up question: Should I use the paralogues I have access to to grind support points right now, or should I wait? Most of the pairings I wanted to do are stuck at B or lower.
  5. Is it worth early promoting replicate Corrin!Dwyer at level 14, Elise at level 16, Keaton at 17, or Benny at 15?
Any help on these would be appreciated, as well as any general tips on CQ Ironman runs, as I still have to beat the rest of the game, and there is still a chance that I will have to redo the entire run.
Number of people who have accidentally called my username: 4 3ds Friend code: 5026-4688-3392
Hi, I'm Mr. Numbers or unused ups phone number guy.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Davzz

Davzz
1 month ago#2
4804037267 posted...
1. Gunter is level 12. Is it worth investing a seal into him to go Wyvern Lord? If so, should I wait until 15 to get armored blow first?

Ideally he should have gotten the Heart Seal on the Black Pillars stage itself (have either of Corn/Azura hold it and pass it over) and then gained 3 levels there to get the relevant Wyvern Lord skills. It's going to be much harder to do so on the ship stage given the number of archers.

And no, Armored Blow absolutely isn't worth it for the role that Gunter fills - he's a support unit that Rallys, Shelters and maybe sometimes Attack Stance stuff. Really good for the investment though.
2. I have a -mag +def Ninja talent level 1 promoted Corrin. I should seal to master ninja at level 5, right? Or is there a better option for Corrin? I married Jakob, if that makes a difference

I don't see a point in waiting to level 5 as a Nohr noble, the skill isn't particularly awesome. Probably much better to switch to Ninja earlier to get working on Shuriken ranks ASAP.

I'm pretty sure Jakob gives the Troubadour line which you wouldn't ever want to swap into

3. I currently have the Kana and Nyx!Ophelia paralouges open. I really want to get the Shigure, Nina, Velouria, and either Iggy or Percy paralouges. Arthur and Benny are pretty much equally bad, so I’m thinking of benching one and backpacking the other to Camilla. Arthur is a level 12 Dread Fighter, and Benny is base level. Which would you recommend?

Arthur as a Berserker is one of the best pair-up units in the game but he loses a lot of that value if in Dread Fighter since the class pair-up stats for that is not as good. Percy is definitely a way better kid than Iggy and lol good luck with doing Iggy on Lunatic I suppose.

4. Follow up question: Should I use the paralogues I have access to to grind support points right now, or should I wait? Most of the pairings I wanted to do are stuck at B or lower.

It really depends I think - I would recommend doing Ophelia before Den of Betrayal because it has the reverse weapon advantage tome which would allow one of your mages to take on Ninjas.

5. Is it worth early promoting replicate Corrin!Dwyer at level 14, Elise at level 16, Keaton at 17, or Benny at 15?

Corrin is pretty much the only unit I would ever consider promoting at 20 for IMO. You make your life a lot easier by promoting around the 14-16 range IMO for long-term units (sometimes I insta-promote if I know the unit is going to just be there to backpack and spawn a kid or something)
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Behold, the man who fights with the fury of all those who were ever cucked before him."
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: BardWannabe

BardWannabe
1 month ago#3
5) The troubadours ESPECIALLY shouldn't wait til 20 to promote. They just gain less experience than they would in battle, and the utility of being able to attack when promoted is huge. But like Dazz said, most units should promote (I say level 15 is a good overall benchmark, unless there's something specific you need). A unit that promotes at 20 levels more slowly than one who promoted earlier, meaning it takes even longer for them to reach their level 5 and 15 skills (which you can in turn pass to their children). Basically early-promoting gives them a huge momentum boost, and it's only the final few maps in the game where a level-20 promoted version of themselves would surpass them.

User Info: Crazyalien18

Crazyalien18
1 month ago#4
Actually, while a 20/1 unit will level more slowly than a 15/1 unit, they will level up more quickly than a 15/6 character who otherwise has the same number of stat level ups. This increased speed isn't enough to make level 20 promotion better than level 15 promotion, however, and I would argue that unless you are absolutely dead set on reaching 20/20 for some reason, that any character you would give a level 20 promotion gets a level 19 promotion instead due to how internal levels are rounded. On that note, odd levels are technically better for promotion in general, though the difference is small. If not for the above, 10/x units would actually fare better than anyone else until they ram the level cap, but with the above in mind, they end up 5 levels behind 20/x characters in terms of raw stats for the last third of the game or so, and 3 levels behind 15/x. However, 15/x only ends up 2 levels behind 20/x and this really isn't enough to make a difference until chapter 26/27, unless you really dig into using that character.

Even if characters fall off in the last portion of the game, though, you always have children to fall back on, you can always just throw them on the front line instead.

User Info: Jubinator3

Jubinator3
3 weeks ago#5
Well your first mistake is not marrying Odin to Elise (Im kidding, but seriously youre missing out on that) also, do the paralogues later, so the children can get better skills.
Anyway, split this map into two parts, the left side, and the right side (bc I do not know a lot about boats and for the ease of this message). Send everyone to the left side first, higher res. units go to the bottom, higher def. units go to the top. Then, after you complete that side, have a tank to lure the enemies on the right side, then kill them off, they are not THAT strong, but it can be a struggle with all the staves, so be careful of those. Then after you take out the first wave of enemies on the right, go straight for the stave users, they are going to cause havok if you do not take them out ASAP. Then go over to the top part, take out the enemies there, and then kill off the enemies at the bottom. And from there it is pretty straight forward, probs wont get a good reward but more XP and it is easier.
"I will erase you"- Leo

User Info: PurpleEchoes

PurpleEchoes
3 days ago#6
4804037267 posted...
I’m currently at chapter 16 (the boat map with Shura), and I have some team comp questions. So far, I’ve lost Effie, Leo, Silas, and Jakob.
Any help on these would be appreciated, as well as any general tips on CQ Ironman runs, as I still have to beat the rest of the game, and there is still a chance that I will have to redo the entire run.
1. Generally you want to promote Gunter ASAP for early Rally Def and flying shelter. His best class is Wyvern Lord, but if you can afford it, you may want to go into Malig for now, it hurts his performance in 19 but gives him a big damage buff by getting Trample by the time tier 3 shops open up

2. Ninja Corrin is definitely worth it. The strongest setup is going into Hero to get Sol, then into Master Ninja, but if you aren't going with that strat then I'd reclass Corrin out of Noble ASAP. Ninja Corrin already debuffs, albeit weaker, but it would be better to switch now to work on Dagger rank

3. I really reccomend having Odin spend 2 levels in Samurai tree to get Vantage for a Vantage/Nosferatu Ophelia, and Percy is MUCH better than Ignatius especially with Camilla mom, and Camilla loves getting Fighter line for the skills (damage stack lategame can ORKO final boss), but you need to invest another seal into Arthur and promote to Zerker for Camilla to get use of his pair up, whereas Benny can just promo to GK and give her a good str/def buff

4. Waiting until 19 means you can start getting free promo seals for kids, but using paralogue is definitely viable to build support points

5. Go ahead and promote them all rn, I usually always promote my squad fully after 16, level 14-15 is perfectly fine for promotion times

"I don't want fear for a future, that may not even come, to stop me from acting today."
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Few Questions about a CQ Lunatic Ironman I'm doing
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A