You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Do the stories in the credits change based on marriage partners?

User Info: sonicnewboy

sonicnewboy
4 weeks ago#1
Wondering if I should bother reading them all still. I have beat the game a bunch of times, but it seems that the stories for each character remain. For example the stories read like: "Silas became a famous Knight or something. His wife Sakura became a humanitarian in her own right." It doesn't seem like the stories actually change depending on who pairs up with who. Am I correct in assuming this?
FC: 2449-4776-5871 (New Boy)

User Info: Sid_Starkiller

Sid_Starkiller
4 weeks ago#2
You're mostly right. The exceptions are Odin and Laslow. Since their wives go back with them to Ylisse, each girl they can marry has an alternate line saying there are no records of them from after the war.
3DS FC: 2707-1832-0432 (Sid)
Statement: Just a simple droid here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along.

User Info: sonicnewboy

sonicnewboy
4 weeks ago#3
Sid_Starkiller posted...
You're mostly right. The exceptions are Odin and Laslow. Since their wives go back with them to Ylisse, each girl they can marry has an alternate line saying there are no records of them from after the war.

Thanks! So it's safe to skip 'em for the most part then right? Nothing of substance I'm missing out on if I've already read them?
FC: 2449-4776-5871 (New Boy)

User Info: Azardea

Azardea
4 weeks ago#4
It's really disappointing. Yeah, you can skip them.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL68FD0D7F63715384

User Info: Dekadense

Dekadense
4 weeks ago#5
The only instance where it changes as said above is when someone marries one of the Awakening trio or Corrin in revelation.

User Info: ArtiRock

ArtiRock
4 weeks ago#6
Xander's also kind of changes if you don't marry him. It talks about how he wasn't a popular ruler, but the one that Nohr needed.
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.

User Info: DarkSpark83

DarkSpark83
4 weeks ago#7
ArtiRock posted...
Xander's also kind of changes if you don't marry him. It talks about how he wasn't a popular ruler, but the one that Nohr needed.

Well that's depressing.

Also Izana's is really weird too if he's single. (Admit it though, he always is). It basically says he was so screwed from (being a trash unit that no one used) the war that he was like delressed or something. I don't remember.
Fates Castle Code: 13389-87211-83854-85751

User Info: Clementee

Clementee
4 weeks ago#8
DarkSpark83 posted...
Also Izana's is really weird too if he's single. (Admit it though, he always is). It basically says he was so screwed from (being a trash unit that no one used) the war that he was like delressed or something. I don't remember.

He was the undefeated champion of the "Best Hair" contestants. Who are the participants is still in mystery, but anyway after the war, there are even more participants as the two countries achieve peace regardless of path you choose. Regardless, in the end, Izana got even more competition because of peace.

That makes Izana lost his prideful "Undefeated Best Hair Champion" that he held for years.

He becomes depressed because of that.
In need of PS4 and money to buy games.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Do the stories in the credits change based on marriage partners?