You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Which makes a better Samurai
Crazyalien18 posted...
Peg Knight does have worse bases, that is true, but again, the movement beats that, as does not having to burn a Heart Seal. BR enemies are really not that strong, and D rank lances means Peg Knight hits harder anyway.

Movement is meaningless if you don't have the stats to put the movement to some use. That's why Subaki is merely average, while Hinoka which is superior and one of the best units.
Right makes might! With divine blade in hand, I shall cleave you along with your sins!
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: ArcanistFlapper

ArcanistFlapper
1 month ago#12
I’m doing a run in which units that will be used must be reclassed to their secondary tree as soon as possible, and that’s why I asked, since all samurai canditates are early game. In the end I decided to use both Saizo and Kaze, the former as Master of Arms for Bolt Naginata and Bolt Axe usage, and the latter as a Swordmaster for the amazing avoid and Hagakure Blade usage, since there’ll be mostly average sword units anyway

User Info: 67chrome

67chrome
1 month ago#13
ArcanistFlapper posted...
I’m doing a run in which units that will be used must be reclassed to their secondary tree as soon as possible, and that’s why I asked, since all samurai canditates are early game. In the end I decided to use both Saizo and Kaze, the former as Master of Arms for Bolt Naginata and Bolt Axe usage, and the latter as a Swordmaster for the amazing avoid and Hagakure Blade usage, since there’ll be mostly average sword units anyway

In that case you might find these charts I through together useful:
https://imgur.com/a/WJ0NJOF
I went through the trouble of averaging everyone's stats and the stats of every class to get a good idea of how each unit will succeed and fail in a given category.

User Info: ArcanistFlapper

ArcanistFlapper
1 month ago#14
67chrome posted...
ArcanistFlapper posted...

In that case you might find these charts I through together useful:
https://imgur.com/a/WJ0NJOF
I went through the trouble of averaging everyone's stats and the stats of every class to get a good idea of how each unit will succeed and fail in a given category.

Hey thanks! Will use this for sure

User Info: Rose_Mage

Rose_Mage
1 month ago#15
Saizo and Kaze are great units but are a waste as Samurai

Saizo is an excellent Dark Flier, Kaze is a great Dread Fighter

Using Tsubaki tho :,DDDDD
Official Parvati and Beth of the SMTIV board, The_Sol_Blader's loving wife
Rose_Mage posted...
Saizo and Kaze are great units but are a waste as Samurai

Saizo is an excellent Dark Flier, Kaze is a great Dread Fighter

Using Tsubaki tho :,DDDDD

Subaki is a good idea though, due to his personal fitting with the dodgetanking abilities of the Swordmaster, combined with better growth in the SPD department, as well a boost to his stats due to having better bases than sky knight. Then he makes one of the best candidates for the Hagakure Blade which raises his avoid to ridiculous levels as long as his HP is at max. Of course, Hana or Kana can do it better due to Awakening skill, but since all of those in this topic are male, none have acess to that skill.
Right makes might! With divine blade in hand, I shall cleave you along with your sins!
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: Crazyalien18

Crazyalien18
1 month ago#17
Seeing as how western versions only get one Great Lord anyway, going in for Awakening for a particular build is a purely pvp plan anyway. And in that regard, why not just use the Josephine build, or put in Corrin through there to get Awakening and Evasive Partner?

At the risk of driving this topic off the rails even further, Subaki's better speed and better weapon rank give him 2 more speed and 3 less attack than Rinkah at base, and the two have access to each other to bring each other's stats into viable ranges. Subaki is obviously worse than Hinoka, since she has flight and amazing stats to work with, but Subaki's meh stats can work in Birthright, just not in Rev.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Which makes a better Samurai