You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Should I reclass Odin to a swordsmaster?

User Info: wolfram127

wolfram127
2 months ago#1
I'm planning on marrying him to Elise. And should O recruit Ophelia before I reclass him to samurai?
FC 3239 3613 0819 | IGN Kryztyn (X, OR, Sun) , Daeron (Y), Wolfram (Moon) | GMT + 8
Events: http://tinyurl.com/events-kr

User Info: Davzz

Davzz
2 months ago#2
It definitely wouldn't improve his combat performance, the main use of reclassing Odin into SM is to grab Vantage and then switch back to Dark Knight to take advantage of it or pass it on to Ophelia.

If you're marrying him to Elise I think it's an even worse idea than usual because who the heck is going to carry that marriage - if you were going to do a Camilla marriage then SM at least has better pair-up bonuses for that one.
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Can Happiness be Achieved without Sacrifice? Can a New Era be reached without Misfortune?"

User Info: wolfram127

wolfram127
2 months ago#3
@Davzz then would you suggest getting the Vantage then going back to magic class? Or is Odin really just an awful unit in conquest?
FC 3239 3613 0819 | IGN Kryztyn (X, OR, Sun) , Daeron (Y), Wolfram (Moon) | GMT + 8
Events: http://tinyurl.com/events-kr

User Info: Davzz

Davzz
2 months ago#4
wolfram127 posted...
then would you suggest getting the Vantage then going back to magic class? Or is Odin really just an awful unit in conquest?

The thing about Odin is that he's only good if you shove a bunch of resources into him, starting with the 2 Heart Seals for getting Vantage and going back and then some Spirit Dust to boot. Actually the final class would probably be Sorcerer because Vantage means you want to kill them before they hit you so whoops on that one.

The levels he spends in the Samurai line are absolutely painful though and that's a lot of resources to spend even though it's at least worth doing if you want to try it, unlike spending that Heart Seal on Mozu <--- I apologize if this topic gets derailed because of this statement
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Can Happiness be Achieved without Sacrifice? Can a New Era be reached without Misfortune?"

User Info: Dekadense

Dekadense
2 months ago#5
Odin is pretty bad, but as said above you should grab Vantage if you want to use him at all as sorceror, since that allows him to Nostank basically be near immortal.

Felicia is his best marriage in Conquest since Odin can backpack her and she can pass down advanced skills.

User Info: PurpleEchoes

PurpleEchoes
2 months ago#6
Thing is Samurai Odin is just a bad Selena. Worst stats, worst promotions, worst skills (reliability vs unreliable damage), E Rank swords vs C rank swords, all of Selenas promotions being good while Odin needing Swordmaster to have a niche crit build

For Odin to be good you gotta invest in both of the early seals to gey Vantage amd go back to Dark Mage, and just toss a nosferatu and maybe a vulnerary. Then he can lock down areas of a map while your other units do other things
"I don't want fear for a future, that may not even come, to stop me from acting today."

User Info: WOMANpukumaru

WOMANpukumaru
2 months ago#7
For some reason he’s working well as a hero for me? It seems like his growths line up with the class and having sol/vantage is kind of like Nosferatu?

He’s only doing okay though. Lots of hp and skill. Critting all the time with his personal.

I mean uh...it’s something?
Because MANpukumaru is ALL WOMAN!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=32dKkBw8Dis

User Info: Molivious

Molivious
2 months ago#8
Thing is Samurai Odin is just a bad Selena. Worst stats, worst promotions, worst skills (reliability vs unreliable damage), E Rank swords vs C rank swords, all of Selenas promotions being good while Odin needing Swordmaster to have a niche crit build

I think that's a little bit exaggerated.

=== Base stats ===
| ---- |Lv|HP|St|Ma|Sk|Sp|Lk|Df|Rs|
| Odin |10|25|11| 4|15|14|14| 8| 6| // average after reclassing to samurai @ Lv 10
|Selena|10|24|12| 3|12|15| 9|11| 8|
=== Class + Personal Growth (Merc!Selena/Samurai!Odin)===
| Odin |--|65|45|30|70|55|75|40|30|
|Selena|--|50|45| 5|45|60|35|55|35|
=== Ave Stats @ 20 ===
| Odin |--|31|15| 7|22|20|21|12| 9|
|Selena|--|29|16| 3|16|21|12|16|11|

Without talking about costs, Odin by average is only truly behind in squish and way ahead with +20 hit (heartseeker) and +10 crit.

you're right about class options and investment (in both weapon rank and gold), though. It's for all the reasons above why Odin's one of the top candidates for the Dread Seal. Selena doesn't need it as much--although she's a good candidate as well--but the Seal gives Odin a free ticket to ideal damage at Lv10 and postpones gold investment for a time (because forging bronzes is a complete waste of his personal).

Odin passes through the Swordmaster class mostly just for the skills.
Please.
(edited 2 months ago)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Should I reclass Odin to a swordsmaster?