• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. In regards to Lunatic Endgame...

User Info: Master_of_Light

Master_of_Light
1 year ago#1
I kind of don't like that I feel like I'd have to start the entire game over to beat the final level. I don't mean without losing any units, I mean just at all.

I earlier made a thread about my team and once I started limiting who I took in, the rest of conquest started going pretty smoothly.

I was stuck on the wind map, but managed to get by.
The endless stairs were much easier once I got some blessed weapons.
Sakura's chapter was pretty trivial, you just have to kinda rush it at the end.
Takumi's chapter was legitimately very challenging, and I had to take an extremely slow ferry across with Camilla so that I could avoid Hinata's whole thing. Ended up being the longest chapter by far.
Hinoka's chapter I beat on the first try. I remember that giving me a lot of trouble on hard, too.
Ryoma's I had to tonic-up Corrin and solo Ryoma to death. Not great, but that's how it is.
The Iago chapter was probably the most *legitimately* difficult chapter. I could make it through the right side no problem with Kaze, but managing the generals and berserkers at the end was quite nightmarish. It eventually made me appreciate the dragonstones again.
And fighting Garon was a strangely simple task.

But this seems impossible. I don't have any entrap, rescue, or even silence staves left. I have no idea how I would advance towards Takumi, unless I'm supposed to slowly sacrifice one unit at a time just to bait the generals and ninjas to come up towards where I'm out of range of the enfeeble maids? But then I wouldn't be able to activate the dragon veins to keep the AoE attack at bay.

I don't think this is even about strategy at this point. It reminds me of a difficulty wall on a mobile game or something designed to make you pony up.

/rant
Call me Light. It's short and simple.

User Info: holatuwol

holatuwol
1 year ago#2
Master_of_Light posted...
I don't have any entrap, rescue, or even silence staves left.

Did you already pick up the visitor rewards? Rescue is at 260 VP, and Silence is at 825 VP.

User Info: LuthLexor

LuthLexor
1 year ago#3
Well, yes, it's hard. Lunatic Conquest is by far the hardest way to experience Fire Emblem Fates. You can 100% screw yourself over and make it impossible to beat the final level.

I notice in your posts that you said you've rushed quite a few maps. You do realise that means you've lost quite a lot of experience, right? Specifically Hinata's whole group (and the people that spawn when getting close to him) and the entire level of Ryoma. That's significant. Those crucial few levels may be the difference between a hit and a miss, or surviving an attack or dying outright.

I 100%ed every single level, except for Ryoma's first level (with the pots). Every single level I took slowly and I made sure I killed every single enemy. I also immediately benched any character that I wasn't going to use, and made sure I almost never used them even in the chapters in which they joined. I still found Endgame hard. If my characters were all 2 levels lower, then it would be almost impossible.

Not sure what advice to give, but only to say that you're up against the hardest that Fates has to offer, in a series which is known for its toughness. I don't mean this to be harsh or condescending, but planning is crucial. From chapter 6 onwards, you're working towards the endgame. You cannot prepare for that map from chapter 24 and after. It won't work.

Master_of_Light
1 year ago#4
LuthLexor posted...
Well, yes, it's hard. Lunatic Conquest is by far the hardest way to experience Fire Emblem Fates. You can 100% screw yourself over and make it impossible to beat the final level.

I notice in your posts that you said you've rushed quite a few maps. You do realise that means you've lost quite a lot of experience, right? Specifically Hinata's whole group (and the people that spawn when getting close to him) and the entire level of Ryoma. That's significant. Those crucial few levels may be the difference between a hit and a miss, or surviving an attack or dying outright.

I 100%ed every single level, except for Ryoma's first level (with the pots). Every single level I took slowly and I made sure I killed every single enemy. I also immediately benched any character that I wasn't going to use, and made sure I almost never used them even in the chapters in which they joined. I still found Endgame hard. If my characters were all 2 levels lower, then it would be almost impossible.

Not sure what advice to give, but only to say that you're up against the hardest that Fates has to offer, in a series which is known for its toughness. I don't mean this to be harsh or condescending, but planning is crucial. From chapter 6 onwards, you're working towards the endgame. You cannot prepare for that map from chapter 24 and after. It won't work.

That may be, but that predicates itself upon knowing what will be coming up at the end of the game. In the end, that isn't good game design.

Also I had several 20/20 characters by this chapter. I did kill most of the left side during Ryoma's chapter, and killed all but the line of enemies that included Hinata in that one.

User Info: Wolferrum

Wolferrum
1 year ago#5
Can you farm Warp scrolls, and which units are you using?

If you can get Warp on most of your units you should be able to get Corrin down to Takumi on turn 1, where they can hopefully ORKO him, but that relies on you having the Witch DLC and at least one high movement unit, preferrably with either Lunge or Pass.
FE Fates Castle Code: 11256-06930-03502-45315

User Info: MachoPony

MachoPony
1 year ago#6
honestly i cant see what you can do unless you can get more rescue staves somewhere and cheese it (assuming corrin can hopefully ORKO)

i found Iago's chapter a hell of a lot harder, but then again i had 2 rescue staves left.
Unofficial Hector Fanboy of all Fire Emblem Boards
Official Husbando of Fire Emblem: Binding Blade Fae

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
1 year ago#7
Is this your first CQ run? LunĂ¡tic is not designed for that. Be it staves or skill or funds... It's meant to be played with Endgame in mind from the start. You need to know what you are doing and what you'll be facing to play. Ahead.

Staff uses in particular.
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 319K words/21 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

User Info: LuthLexor

LuthLexor
1 year ago#8
Master_of_Light posted...
That may be, but that predicates itself upon knowing what will be coming up at the end of the game. In the end, that isn't good game design.Also I had several 20/20 characters by this chapter. I did kill most of the left side during Ryoma's chapter, and killed all but the line of enemies that included Hinata in that one.

Well, except that Lunatic isn't meant to be someone's first playthrough, so I wouldn't call it bad design. There are two difficulties below Lunatic, and it's definitely called Lunatic for a reason.

I will say that without a rescue staff, you're going to take some hits along the way. I've got a save file right at the end, and the best I could do is beat Takumi with losing one unit. I'll come back to it one day and go for a no-death run, but that's using a single rescue staff.

Master_of_Light
1 year ago#9
Naturally, I played it on hard before this. I remember Endgame in hard mode as well. It was challenging, and it was also very much a suicide mission to get Corrin to kill the final boss, but I was able to do it without a rescue cheese or anything like that. Again, I don't agree that I should be expected to look up exactly what they changed for lunatic to prepare long in advance for it.

Maybe that kind of frustration is for some people, learning your lesson and starting all over. I'm sure those sorts of people must enjoy Thracia 776 as well. In the end, though, it's poor design.

User Info: MalcolmMasher

MalcolmMasher
1 year ago#10
So you played Endgame on hard and found it challenging, "very much a suicide mission", but you didn't keep any Entrap/Rescue staves in reserve for it on Lunatic?

While Conquest's Lunatic Endgame is a hard chapter (somewhat harder than I personally enjoy, honestly), it is the final chapter of the highest difficulty of the hardest route, and with that in mind I do not think it is outrageously hard or unreasonably unfair. And since Fates lets you downgrade the difficulty at will, it shouldn't even halt any playthroughs.
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. In regards to Lunatic Endgame...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers