• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Is this unit better than Rinkah? Chapter 12: Effie

User Info: gene0129

gene0129
1 year ago#51
Cobalnite posted...

And still manages to outdamage Hana

Wha?
Yay

User Info: PTR2

PTR2
1 year ago#52
Wolferrum posted...
PTR2 posted...
Dorami posted...
Honestly, you should choose comparisons that are fairer to Rinkah, like Kellam, Wendy, Meg, etc.

I am actually curious to see how the poll will go when comparing with Subaki and Hinata. Those results should be harder to predict, but other than that.. , I guess most comparisons are just baits.

I'm curious how Subaki and Hinata will turn out too. I'm not too sure about Setsuna as well though. She gets massively outclassed by Takumi and Mozu and actually has worse Str growth than Rinkah. She can tank mages a bit, but we already have units like Kaze for that too.

Setsuna is a top tier mother though. Pass down archer and one of the best mods. Her growth might be the worst of non corrin sexual, but that won't matter in mix-maxing.

User Info: Cobalnite

Cobalnite
1 year ago#53
gene0129 posted...
Cobalnite posted...

Wha?

bows + QD
Official Husband of Lady Azura from FE:Fates
Xenoblade logic: Toppling huge monsters with only 1 punch

gene0129
1 year ago#54
Cobalnite posted...
gene0129 posted...
Cobalnite posted...

Wha?

bows + QD

Eh, fair point. Hana can get those skills via buddy Setsuna.
Yay

User Info: Cobalnite

Cobalnite
1 year ago#55
gene0129 posted...
Cobalnite posted...
gene0129 posted...
Cobalnite posted...

Wha?

bows + QD

Eh, fair point. Hana can get those skills via buddy Setsuna.

And still faces the risk of being killed in the counterattack, unless she ends up having Sniper as her ending class. Kagero does it better, tho
Official Husband of Lady Azura from FE:Fates
Xenoblade logic: Toppling huge monsters with only 1 punch

gene0129
1 year ago#56
Yeah thats what I meant, Hana being an Archer/Master Ninja to abuse her high STR

And Agreed.
Yay

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
1 year ago#57
Cobalnite posted...
Chefcook90 posted...
Dorami posted...
Honestly, you should choose comparisons that are fairer to Rinkah, like Kellam, Wendy, Meg, etc.

Hell, there are plenty of fair comparisons in Fates:
Subaki, Yukimura, Izana, Jakob 2, Hisame...
...maybe Scarlet and Flora? I've never actually bothered to use either of them.

Nah, Scarlet is a great unit, and Flora and Izana are staffbots, the latter being a better one, since he has a damage reducing ps and dual rallies, while also having innate access to Horse spirit.

IMO 'staffbot' is an inadequate reason in and of itself, seeing as how you can always use capture units or generic einherjar for that.
In BR you can get Daniela WAY before you can get access to Izana (who doesn't join until chapter 19 at the earliest).
On CQ I'm rather partial to that Shrine Maiden on Chapter 9 :3

As for Scarlet...
On BR she joins on the same chapter as Ryoma, and there really isn't any advantage to using fliers on BR aside from on Hisame's recruitment map (also chapter 12, but that happens BEFORE Scarlet joins)
On Rev she's only usable between chapters 16 and 18
Aside from that, she can only support Corrin - at least Say'ri in Awakening could also support TIki :P (I'm making the comparison to Say'ri because they're both female rebel leaders who ride dragons lol)
FE Fates Castle: 16268-39691-00496-50003
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text

User Info: Latino-King

Latino-King
1 year ago#58
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Latino_King posted...
Latino_King posted...
Rinkah is her equal overall.

Perhaps in the number of syllables in their names, but other than that, they're not even close.

Yes they are.

What are you smoking? Seriously.

Nothing. I don't smoke ever.

You'd be far more tolerable if you did.
AKA Kingles
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1348-nintendo-central

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 year ago#59
Sarcasm189 posted...
Sarcasm189 posted...
Effie's 20/20 General average speed is 22, average str is 41
Rinkah's 20/20 Chieftain average speed is 29, average str is 26
It's worth mentioning that Effie's speed can be fixed. Pairing her up with Kaze or Niles and giving her a single speedwing, since Diogo has no objection to using stat boosters, gives her higher speed on average than Rinkah (she now has 30 speed). But Rinkah's strength can't be fixed with a pairup since nobody in Birthright gives a strength bonus higher than 4. Rinkah will still double with 38 strength (personal x2 + pairup), but since Effie now has more speed than Rinkah, in theory she should be doubling with 44 strength with her personal included.

Hinata and SIlas want those Speedwings first. Effie gets nothing.

This is conquest so no Hinata, and no, Effie deserves the speedwings more than Silas. Try again

No she doesn't. And if this is Conquest, than you don't have any right to argue her against Rinkah.
Right makes might! With divine blade in hand, I shall cleave you along with your sins!
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 year ago#60
Latino-King posted...
Latino_King posted...
Latino_King posted...
Rinkah is her equal overall.

Perhaps in the number of syllables in their names, but other than that, they're not even close.

Yes they are.

What are you smoking? Seriously.

Nothing. I don't smoke ever.

You'd be far more tolerable if you did.

Don't care, I don't want to be more tolerable towards others. I must judge everything and everyone as I must.
Right makes might! With divine blade in hand, I shall cleave you along with your sins!
FC: 3926-8239-0430
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Is this unit better than Rinkah? Chapter 12: Effie
  • Topic Archived