The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. I actually kind of like the Avatar system

User Info: CalamityRaven26

CalamityRaven26
2 years ago#1
The reason why is because it let's you create your own characters to partake in the world. Yes, they don't have fleshed-out personalities, but it's a lot of fun to create your own OCs similar to WRPGs. The only Avatars I don't like are Mark and Robin, if because they fufill the "self-insert" cliche than the OC one.

Come to think of it, FE is rather inspired by WRPGs and Tabletop RPGs. Guess that's why it's so awesome.
COLOSSUS!
#1 Boyd fan and avid Conquest supporter

CalamityRaven26
2 years ago#2
Mandatory bump.
COLOSSUS!

User Info: Struwby

Struwby
2 years ago#3
Okay
I'm shoving your soul down an inter-dimensional stair case!
3ds friend code 5429-9714-9249

CalamityRaven26
2 years ago#4
Struwby posted...
Okay

k m8
COLOSSUS!

User Info: Kyojo777

Kyojo777
2 years ago#5
Not really. Corrin has a clearly defined personality, and you can't decide anything for him. Megami Tensei does it so much better.
Internet 101: Arguments are pointless. Ayyyyy
Official leader of the 5 Rhajat musketeers, the official JoJo of the P5 boards, and Selkie and Rhajat's husbando.

User Info: TheSpartan45

TheSpartan45
2 years ago#6
Kyojo777 posted...
Not really. Corrin has a clearly defined personality, and you can't decide anything for him. Fallout 3 does it so much better.

FTFY
FE Fates Castle Address 15605-92640-16628-85795
Guild master of the Sub-Human Hunter's Guild

CalamityRaven26
2 years ago#7
Kyojo777 posted...
Not really. Corrin has a clearly defined personality, and you can't decide anything for him. Megami Tensei does it so much better.

I don't disagree with you, but I personally enjoyed having Corrin be a different name, face and alignment. Also, it was an interesting twist to see the Avatar speak rather than be silent.

Guess that's just me, feel free to disagree dude. =)
COLOSSUS!

User Info: Zinie95

Zinie95
2 years ago#8
No.

CalamityRaven26
2 years ago#9
Zinie95 posted...
No.

What? We can't have our own opinions?
COLOSSUS!

User Info: private_pwnge

private_pwnge
2 years ago#10
I wish they were a bit more... me, you know? Like my choices affect who I am and how the plot goes. Also more customization. What we have right now isn't good enough and needs to be improved.
I have bad taste. I main Ky (GG), Jin (BB), Orie (UNIEL), and Labrys (P4A). Always use a coaster.
Fe Fates My Castle: 08874-14057-81262-07782
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. I actually kind of like the Avatar system
  • Topic Archived