• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. The "best" Miracle Midori?

User Info: Calvitre

Calvitre
5 years ago#1
Was messing around with some parenting options the other day and stumbled across what might be the "best" possible version of Miracle Midori. Haven't seen this particular build anywhere so thought I would share it. There's nothing too uncommon about the skills, but I thought I'd include them anyway. Let me know if my logic checks out, and if you have suggestions for improvement or a better MM build, let me know!

Note that I'm not taking accessibility into account. You will need to buy skills to achieve this. I'm also not factoring in Tonics, Rallies, or statues, unless otherwise noted.

Details

Class: Great Lord

Mother: Azura
Spouse: Asugi (Swordmaster class, Mozu as mother)

Skills: Luck +4, Hoshidan Unity, Quixotic, Nohrian Trust, Vantage (On Asugi: Miracle, Sol, Aether, and two other battle skills)

Analysis

What this does is give Midori her highest possible combination of Skill, Luck, and Speed.

- Azura x Kaze gives her +4 Skill, a blistering +7 Speed, and -1 Luck (only Mozu gives better stats, but she lacks Luck +4 to pass down).

- As a Great Lord, Midori reaches 34 Luck, boosted to 38 by Luck +4.

- Mozu!Asugi gives +2 Skill, +3 Luck to his spouse when paired up. No other child can do this. Swordmaster gives an additional +3 Luck, +5 Speed, which Midori really likes.

(Lodestar can also be used to trade 2 Speed for 2 Strength, which helps with Sol/Aether and lets Asugi be a mini-Midori on his own, should Midori finally get killed.)

So without any other boosts, Midori has 38 Skill, 46 Speed, and 44 Luck. Her Strength and Defense are paltry at best, being 29 and 26 respectively, but 60 HP and 33 Resistance aren't bad.

This is where the skills come in.

With her personal skill, Lucky Charm, coupled with Hoshidan Unity and Quixotic, Midori has a whopping 89% chance to trigger Miracle (with all 6 Luck statues, a +/- Luck Corrin/Kana statue, and a Luck Tonic, this gets boosted to exactly 100%). Nohrian Trust gives her offensive potential via Asugi, and lets him take Miracle so she has room for Vantage, which gives her a chance to trigger Sol, Aether, or Lethality and save herself before she gets killed. The extra shield gauge gain before your opponent's attack is also handy regardless.

Asugi needs Miracle and Sol in order to keep Midori alive. Aether is also recommended for an extra chance at Sol, but can be foregone for more offensive options. The remaining slots can be used for just about anything. I like Pavise and Aegis (63% activation rate) as they make it even harder to wear Midori down to 1 HP, but Astra and Lethality are obviously solid choices (44% activation rate). Rend Heaven or Vengeance are also great (79% activation rate). Vengeance has more potential, doing up to +29 damage if Midori is on the verge of death, but Rend Heaven is generally more reliable. I don't recommend Dragon Fang or Luna, as they interfere with Sol's chance to trigger and will generally cause more harm than help. A more interesting choice for Asugi is Dual Guardsman, which depending on her opponent's speed, can potentially protect her from every second hit, while she has up to 4 chances to heal herself in between.

For Conquest, she can pair with her father (Kaze would use Swordmaster/Lodestar as well). This costs her 3 Luck, 1 Skill, and offensive potential (she would have to use Sol and Miracle over Nohrian Trust and Luck +4 to keep her going), but gives her Miraculous Save, which overall grants her a whopping 97.75% chance to survive any hit from >1 HP. Those skills also let you use Midori independently of a partner. She can also partner with any Mozu-mothered male child to the same effect as Asugi. Lodestar Siegbert is the closest parallel.
The irony in this post is... palatable.

User Info: Dededork_649

Dededork_649
5 years ago#2
TLDR. Mozu is a better mom because she gives the neutral Luck, and Luck +4 you can buy from My Castles.
FC: 3669-1933-9376
I play Fire Emblem, Smash 4, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon X, Y, and soon to be Moon.

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
5 years ago#3
What he said.

KazexAzura is for max Spd Kana, not for Miraculous Midori.

Mozu!Midori is the one true Miraculous Midori.
Reject unity.
Smite the right.

Calvitre
5 years ago#4
Dededork_649 posted...
TLDR. Mozu is a better mom because she gives the neutral Luck, and Luck +4 you can buy from My Castles.

But you miss out on +2 Luck from the pair up, and Mozu!Midori is slower by 2 points. It gives you better Defense, sure, but that's not necessarily Midori's concern.

User Info: Dededork_649

Dededork_649
5 years ago#5
Calvitre posted...
Dededork_649 posted...

But you miss out on +2 Luck from the pair up, and Mozu!Midori is slower by 2 points. It gives you better Defense, sure, but that's not necessarily Midori's concern.

How do you miss out on +2 luck, and why would it matter? Midori is going to be in Attack Stance the whole time. And 2 points of speed really doesn't matter.
FC: 3669-1933-9376
I play Fire Emblem, Smash 4, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon X, Y, and soon to be Moon.

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
5 years ago#6
Midori is going to be in Attack Stance the whole time.

The f***?!

She needs pair up bonuses to hit 55 Luk.
Reject unity.
Smite the right.

Calvitre
5 years ago#7
Having Mozu as a mom gives any child +2 Luck as part of their pair-up bonus (+1 at B rank and +1 at S rank). Obviously this has to go to Midori's spouse, not Midori herself.

And Midori would be in Guard Stance in this scenario. Enemy Dual Strikes completely defeat the purpose of Miracle in the first place.

User Info: Tmaster148

Tmaster148
5 years ago#8
It really doesn't matter much in the end.

Azura!Midori with a Mozu!Spouse yeilds the same result as

Mozu!Midori with a Hinoka/Effie/Charolette/Oboro/Azura!Spouse

Since Mozu!Midori has +1 lck cap vs Azura!Midori, but gets -1lck from pairup with a Hinoka/Effie/Charolette/Oboro/Azura!Spouse over Mozu!Spouse

User Info: Tmaster148

Tmaster148
5 years ago#9
Mozu!Midori as a Barasa/Falcon Knight/Great Lord has a 35 Lck Cap. Lck +4 and Lck Tonic gives 8 lck. 7 Lck Status is another 7 lck.

35 + 8 + 7 = 35 + 15 = 50.

Quitoxic and Unity = 25% to Trigger Activation. Lucky Charm is +20% to Luck Triggers

50 + 20 + 25 = 50 + 45 = 95.

Now all you need is 5 lck from a pair up which a class like Barasa gives.

If you could also add another lck statue via Anna/Corrin boon/bane and use Swordmaster for +3 Lck pair and the +5 spd.

User Info: Franzise_D

Franzise_D
5 years ago#10
The problem with Great Lord Midori is she's either limited to a one-range weapon (making her easier to pick off at range) or something like Javelin, which doesn't allow follow-ups, negating one of the biggest benefits to extra speed

Basara Midori is better
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. The "best" Miracle Midori?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A