I love Fire Emblem... but THIS makes it such a chore sometimes...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. I love Fire Emblem... but THIS makes it such a chore sometimes...

User Info: ultimalegion

ultimalegion
2 years ago#1
End of a Paralogue (these things take forever!), literally 3 units left on the map, I had BEAST growths on all the chars this paralogue.

I leave a Dread Fighter Kaze just in range of 1 wyvern lord. My Kaze is paired up and at full health with 34 HP.

The Wyvern Lord casually closes in for a hit, has 12 damage with a 20% something chance hit and 3% critical. I get critical'd.

Whereas I can fail a decisive blow at 95% hit, or my skills proc on the second hit when they don't matter. This random bs is annoying as all hell sometimes.
Playing Gods Eater Burst and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd! Maplestory-Bera- Gleivnir
Nintendo 3DS FC: 3737-9589-0694 PSN: sealofgleipnir XBL: Ragnarok Reaper

User Info: Gugomo

Gugomo
2 years ago#2
You've failed to sacrifice your gold to the RNG goddess.

User Info: TheTruGammer

TheTruGammer
2 years ago#3
You claim to love FE, but are still surprised by stuff like this?
Not changing this until Isaac gets in Smash.
11/1/15

User Info: Pokeymuns

Pokeymuns
2 years ago#4
Crit happens.

User Info: mastersuperfan

mastersuperfan
2 years ago#5
Why would you use Kaze to lure in an enemy? Surely you have tanker units?

There are plenty of defensive units that won't die right away to an unlucky RNG roll.
3DS Friend Code: 1246-9279-6770
Super Mario Maker - Frappe Snowland (Mario Kart 64): 07FF-0000-007D-CB63

User Info: GiftedACIII

GiftedACIII
2 years ago#6
You just had to use one of the characters with the lowest critical evade to lure one of the physically strongest enemy units out?
</topic>

ultimalegion
2 years ago#7
I know, alas, some other flying units decided to close in the previous turn and my tanks were all busy somewhere else, it was the only move I could make that ran the lowest risk of failure; I could've left the wyvern lord Kaze killed alive and risk it smashing Rhajat or some other squishy unit. The problem is these minuscule chances of failure getting you right at the end of a chapter.
Playing Gods Eater Burst and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd! Maplestory-Bera- Gleivnir

ultimalegion
2 years ago#8
GiftedACIII posted...
You just had to use one of the characters with the lowest critical evade to lure one of the physically strongest enemy units out?

Yes.

User Info: GiftedACIII

GiftedACIII
2 years ago#9
ultimalegion posted...
I know, alas, some other flying units decided to close in the previous turn and my tanks were all busy somewhere else, it was the only move I could make that ran the lowest risk of failure; I could've left the wyvern lord Kaze killed alive and risk it smashing Rhajat or some other squishy unit. The problem is these minuscule chances of failure getting you right at the end of a chapter.

You have to be extra careful at the end of a chapter when on classic. I remember chapter 15 my avatar had a 92% displayed hit to kill the boss but if he missed he would die instead. So even though the exp would be completely wasted I still used Gunterto get the kill.
</topic>

ultimalegion
2 years ago#10
TheTruGammer posted...
You claim to love FE, but are still surprised by stuff like this?

I never said I was surprised, I merely said it can be a chore redoing a chapter for crap like this. Believe me, I'm no stranger to redoing chapters for bad level ups or being surprise falcon punch'd by these ridiculous 1%+ critical and low hit shenanigans.

However it wasn't as bad when I was at school and I had a lot more time to burn. Nowadays, working two jobs and barely having time to play, it is more than a casual nuisance. :(
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. I love Fire Emblem... but THIS makes it such a chore sometimes...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived