• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Wow, Chapter 19 actually is a load of horse dung

User Info: DullahansXMark

DullahansXMark
3 years ago#1
I'd heard stories, but I thought they were just stories.

This really is quite stupid. The enemy can basically make themselves invincible on a whim with no consequence. Well, maybe a slight consequence: they can't attack and use their Illusion power on the same move. So instead they advance to where you're within fighting range, and then throw their leaves up. This way, you can't attack them, but next turn they can attack you.

While that's not terrible on its own, unfortunately they utilize this in cheap ways. Since a lot of enemies on the map also have Pass, so they can just blitz right through your defensive line, throw up their leaves, and now there's nothing you can do except wait for the rest of their team to catch up and watch as your healers get mauled and your front line fighting force is too busy dealing with the primary attack force to do anything about it.

I mean, I know I can do it, nothing in Fire Emblem can ever scare me after getting Ike and the Black Knight to fight each other in Chapter 3-7 on Hard mode in Radiant Dawn and then have both live without getting anyone else killed, but man, this is really quite irritating.
3DS Friend Code: 2707-2336-9403 | Wii U: SilentZeroX
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUpprLrFvNWXw6PdJMdCt2g | Lots of Smash vids!

User Info: Zinie95

Zinie95
3 years ago#2
It's a frustrating chapter. And they can even kill Xander with Beastbane.

User Info: DBogatz

DBogatz
3 years ago#3
Yeah honestly this is where I stopped with my hard classic run. I mean my units, at least some of them, have OP skills from My Castle and I've done at least 3-4 paralogues/invasions, but after a tough Chapter 18, this just felt too cheesy for my taste. Started over with lunatic casual Birthright instead (terrible Conquest plot did not help).

User Info: Nintendoomed89

Nintendoomed89
3 years ago#4
Yeah, 19 took me a couple of tries. With theor illusions pass skill in play you can't really fall back on traditional strategy ad much as just trying to have the stronger units.
"Conservatism isn't a phase. Conservatives only get more conservative because each year they get a little further through Atlas Shrugged."

User Info: TheBLD

TheBLD
3 years ago#5
Ok, hold on, they don't just "throw up" their leaves whenever they want to, it alternates between on and off. It's on you to observe that, and choose when to strike.
New Mario Maker level based on Games Done Quick speedruns. Check it out!
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/TheBLD/posts

User Info: DolphinPants

DolphinPants
3 years ago#6
There's this amazing unit called Keaton. Even though they have Beastbane, he can take them (40% HP recovery ftw). Have others take care of non-Beastbane Kitsunes, and sing/heal Keaton if he really needs it.
FC: 3394-3744-8295 NNID: DiabolicalPotato
Official husbando of Nina. The Conquest board is delightful cancer <3

User Info: DullahansXMark

DullahansXMark
3 years ago#7
DolphinPants posted...
There's this amazing unit called Keaton. Even though they have Beastbane, he can take them (40% HP recovery ftw). Have others take care of non-Beastbane Kitsunes, and sing/heal Keaton if he really needs it.

Ooh, right, I forgot about him...

I just had Xander and Ike duo the chapter (with pair up for guard stance). Even with Beastbane (for Xander, anyway) they were barely taking any damage. Unfortunately, looking at this next chapter is sort of making me regret that decision (most of my team is close to promotion, but not quite ready yet, while every enemy here is second tier). Aye.

Ah well, no casualties. And I got Kaze promoted during that chapter too, so no real harm, right?
3DS Friend Code: 2707-2336-9403 | Wii U: SilentZeroX
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUpprLrFvNWXw6PdJMdCt2g | Lots of Smash vids!

User Info: Im_Medeus

Im_Medeus
3 years ago#8
I have to agree that Chapter 19 is a bit cheap, giving the foxes pass and invincibility is a bit much, especially since they can and will kill any weakened/squishy units you try to protect.

On the same note, DolphinPants is right in saying Keaton is a boon in that Chapter. Mine was speed screwed and he still was taking hits and dealing them out like it was nothing (well, almost nothing). I love that wolf, and Camilla, she was neat with Beast Killer.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Wow, Chapter 19 actually is a load of horse dung
  • Topic Archived