• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Sexualization of the Avatar

User Info: SSJ2Gogeto

SSJ2Gogeto
3 years ago#1
I'm seriously disappointed with the sexualizaton of Femui. Seriously, the exposed thighs, dumb boobs and butt pose in her official art, long hair, snake eyes grinds my gears. Fem!Robin was average and never had any of this s***

I don't want my Avatar to be sexulized IS. That's what you got other characters for.

User Info: Aranvoid

Aranvoid
3 years ago#2
This plagues every game. Companies usually make games with the mind that they're selling to male audiences, and some games pander to both genders.
Study me as much as you like, you will never know me. For I differ a hundred ways from what you see me to be. ~ Rumi

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
3 years ago#3
gtfo
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
FC: 0619-5012-7866

User Info: Apocrypha

Apocrypha
3 years ago#4
Aranvoid posted...
This plagues every game. Companies usually make games with the mind that they're selling to male audiences, and some games pander to both genders.

I'm sorry, but I don't see Mamui running around with no pants. How is that fair to me, as a female gamer, if the male protagonist isn't as inherently sexualized as the female protagonist? I want blatant fanservice too!

Rise up against this injustice, fellow Fire Emblem fans! I say: either they BOTH wear pants, or NEITHER wears pants!

:P

User Info: SSJ2Gogeto

SSJ2Gogeto
3 years ago#5
Apocrypha posted...
Aranvoid posted...

I'm sorry, but I don't see Mamui running around with no pants. How is that fair to me, as a female gamer, if the male protagonist isn't as inherently sexualized as the female protagonist? I want blatant fanservice too!

Rise up against this injustice, fellow Fire Emblem fans! I say: either they BOTH wear pants, or NEITHER wears pants!

Mamui is completely fine

Femui has a problem with fanservice.

User Info: Aranvoid

Aranvoid
3 years ago#6
Apocrypha posted...
Aranvoid posted...

Note I said "some" games, and my stance is not that it's okay, but stating that it plagues "every" game.
Study me as much as you like, you will never know me. For I differ a hundred ways from what you see me to be. ~ Rumi

User Info: Frankazar

Frankazar
3 years ago#7
This is a joke topic, right?
''I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!''

User Info: DarkKamui54

DarkKamui54
3 years ago#8
was average

Corrin isn't suppose to be or look average she/he is half dragon so naturally they are going to look special. Espicially being the main lord/protagonist this time around.

long hair,

Fem robin has long hair its just in twin tails.

Sexualization of the Avatar

As for the sexualized avatar lets be honest sex appeal sells and Kris wasn't covered up in a modest robe either.
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/9/91/Myunit_f.png/revision/latest?cb=20100602204004
In fact only Robin wore a modest outfit. At least Corrin wears a bunch of armor so what she has some fanservice it wont kill anyone.

User Info: Big-Wicket

Big-Wicket
3 years ago#9
K.
"No! You're going to sit here and talk with me, and you're going to enjoy it!" - Inigo, flirting
"BOOOOORING" - Female Morgan, rejecting

User Info: DarkKamui54

DarkKamui54
3 years ago#10
Now that I think about it Robin is the only avatar with zero sexualization... Oh wait there is grandmaster

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/12/120766/2487192-dlc1122_img.jpg

Its not her but its exactly what she looks like when she promotes.

Femui has a problem with fanservice.

All the Female Avatars have some sort of fanservice.
Kris's booty shorts. Femui's thighs and feet...if your in to that kind of thing. Fem robin's Granmaster mini skirt
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Sexualization of the Avatar
  • Topic Archived