• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Best archer in the series (gameplay standpoint)

User Info: CloudSith5060

CloudSith5060
3 years ago#11
Isn't it weird to have a husbando who's prettier than you?

User Info: soma2035

soma2035
3 years ago#12
I'm assuming Snipers count, since you listed Louise.

RD Shinon.

- Most archers in the series end up as inferior mages. Not RD Shinon, since he happens to be in a game where mages get heavily gimped by atrocious stat caps (don't Archsages have the same Spd cap as Marshalls or something ridiculous like that?)

- RD Shinon is one of the few archers to have 1-2 access. His 1-2 isn't amazing for general use since Crossbows ignore Str, but the ridiculous Mt makes them amazing when it gets effective weapon type bonus.

- RD Shinon is absurdly sturdy. He's the dodgetank Rebecca becomes and doesn't need to get babied to get there, plus he has absurdly high defense.
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption,that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

User Info: MissCarriage

MissCarriage
3 years ago#13
Snipers do count, yes.

CloudSith5060 posted...
Isn't it weird to have a husbando who's prettier than you?

... <3
FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems and Toxic Seahorses <333
http://i.imgur.com/3U93MNZ.gif

User Info: kirby7374

kirby7374
3 years ago#14
For each game (starting with Blazing Sword): Rebecca (since according to the rules I can't choose Rath), Neimi, Rolf (for both games), Gordon, Noire, and since I haven't played Fates yet, I'll just have to go with Zero for now.

Of all of them, my favorite is Rolf. No matter how many times I play those two games, he is always in my top five (most victories tallied at the end). I'm also willing to say he is the best unit in Radiant Dawn overall. Almost every time I play that game, he is my top unit and if not he's second only to Boyd. Once I give him the double bow he is unstoppable. Put him in the room with the Black Knight's army (at the end of RD) and he kills roughly 10+ units per turn and taking little to no damage. I know almost everybody likes Shinon, but I honestly thinks that Rolf is better in the long run.

User Info: Mavitar

Mavitar
3 years ago#15
Faval because Holy Weapon.

Misha-Heart posted...
A lot of people might say Takumi, but he falls behind in an efficient run.

Cool meme.
Official husbando of Felicia and father of Maid!Kanna
"The miracle never happen." -Phoenix Wright, 2002

User Info: The Fir Coat

The Fir Coat
3 years ago#16
FE12 Ryan probably, he's actually really strong and Snipin's a good job, mate in FE12 since there are 12 move Wyverns on the prowl and he can OHKO them on the PP or the EP with proper positioning which other units can't do since they won't attack Wyrmslayer guys at 1 range. He also has the best availability in FE12 aside from Jesus and since L' gives enemies the first attack attacking from 2 range is actually pretty valuable especially early on.
Also he has good growths (HERESY, I know) and gets those 100% hit rates with his 80% Skill growth and bows having 90%+ hit.
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!

User Info: Apocrypha

Apocrypha
3 years ago#17
MissCarriage posted...
I can't wait until you all play Fates and change your minds. <3

Nope~ Takumi's good, but he falls to the likes of RD Shinon, Faval, and the 3-13 Archer.

User Info: Flare_Sorrow

Flare_Sorrow
3 years ago#18
RD Shinon, no debate.
The Official Shinon of all Fire Emblem Boards ever.
"Say that again... Go ahead. It'll be the last thing you ever say."

User Info: darkknight39

darkknight39
3 years ago#19
3-13 Archer
Fun fact in my current playthrough of RD a certain archer in 2-E managed to get around 20-25 crits and didn't take a single hit

User Info: untrustful

untrustful
3 years ago#20
Season 2.
TSV: 2721, 3DS: 2062-9903-3990, In Game Name: Dr. Evil
http://i.imgur.com/oE6UMlF.jpg Cure Bitemporal Hemianopsia today!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Best archer in the series (gameplay standpoint)
  • Topic Archived