• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. If you could re-write the script...

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
3 years ago#1
Would you cut any characters or change some roles around?

If so, who and why?

User Info: SpellcraftQuill

SpellcraftQuill
3 years ago#2
Maybe cut the Awakening trio for starters and make Nohr!Kamui resentful towards his Hoshidan family but let Garon take over so that he can overthrow him and let both nations be in peace rather than take the golden route.

Also make Belka an Outlaw. I don't get how an assassin fights on a dragon.
Burroughs: Scanning...Excuses, unjustified resentment, self-justification, a rash desire to negate oneself...I don't see any good reason to join their cause.

User Info: SnipestSniper

SnipestSniper
3 years ago#3
I'd probably give the royal sisters more prominent roles in the plot. I don't know the entire story, but I don't think any of them, save for Elise in Birthright have very major roles. And the sisters should have their own special, 'Legendary'/important weapons too.
A.K.A your superior (and Captain Troll Brigade to the Daisy alts)
I am everyone's senpai.

User Info: FinalActivity

FinalActivity
3 years ago#4
-Get rid of the Awakening Characters or at least just not make them literally the characters from Awakening.
-I can't say I want to outright remove the children since they've already been introduced and I like quite a few of them, but at least try to come up with a better reason why they're around, or at least put better effort into explaining the situation.
-A more solid reason as to why they didn't/couldn't just go after Anankos in the first place.
-Give other siblings a bigger role.
Corrin & Azura: We're so canon, it hurts.
Shigure & Kanna: Right???

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
3 years ago#5
I would have Elise be seriously injured,but not dead as for Xander,he would still die tough,at Garon's hands once he realizes how wrong he was and attempts to defeat Garon by himself.
DiogoShadowJorg,the official Snow Villiers of the gamefaq boards
And the official Hoshido Corrin of the Fire Emblem Fates Boards

User Info: SmallHat

SmallHat
3 years ago#6
change garon's dialogue, make him seem more dadlike and not an evil mustache twirling s***

rationalize the tutorial fight as live battle training and the post fight execution sequence as like a "you can't afford to take mercy in war, if you turn your back they may kill you blah blah" thing

don't have garon call his kid a b****

market nohr as more "people that despite living in s***town, USA, manage to make the most of their situation" and not "EVERYTHING IS HELLA GARBO"

change up the reveal of the plot by like, having Garon not be initially possessed by the guy to begin with, but overtime the grief from all of his wives murdering each other built up and it let the evil pudding monster taint him over time until it totally possesses him, his last fight has unique dialogue for the children asking them to be brave and kill him and whatnot.

aqua isn't your cousin

User Info: Rizeroth

Rizeroth
3 years ago#7
SpellcraftQuill posted...
Maybe cut the Awakening trio for starters and make Nohr!Kamui resentful towards his Hoshidan family but let Garon take over so that he can overthrow him and let both nations be in peace rather than take the golden route.

Also make Belka an Outlaw. I don't get how an assassin fights on a dragon.

i agree the game has waaay too much awakening connections. i mean a little would be ok. it would remind those who played awakening of the fun times in awakening and for new players it may prompt them to play it. however, with so much awakening reference it kinda gets sickening and makes the game almost feel like an awakening prequel. but the game is still awesome.
Nothing is impossible. The word itself says "i'm possible".

User Info: NXmasterrace

NXmasterrace
3 years ago#8
Remove anything that has to do with awakening and replace it with Gaiden. It's not like the plebs will know these are old characters.
The power of Incestual Vore increases your strength - The Fir Coat

User Info: TheBLD

TheBLD
3 years ago#9
Speaking of removing Awakening stuff:

Remove the parts at the end of Nohr/Hoshido where Corrin dies and is revived by the power of friendship. Awakening did it first, and dare I say, better?

Remove Anankos being Corrin's dad. In fact, remove the entire "parental death congo line" from the end of Revelation. It's tacky as f***.
Who doesn't want more Super Mario Bros 3? Just check the link below and look for Super Mario 2D World (SM2DW)
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/TheBLD/posts

User Info: FloraTheMaid

FloraTheMaid
3 years ago#10
- Make it so your Hoshidan siblings are your actual siblings. It bothers me that you side with your "real" family, only to find out, suprise, we're not actually related to you! You have much more in common with Nohr.

- On that note, make it so you can't marry any of your siblings, except Azura, for reasons below.

- Change it so Azura isn't related to you. They push them as canon sooo much, only for you to find out that she is the only person you're actually related to. It's gross. They need to change it to say that Shenmi and Mikoto were like best friends or something. They don't even look like sisters!

- Keep the Awakening chatacters in, but get rid of all the children. I like having the call back to Awakening, but the children in this game are shoved down your throat for no reason. Keep it Awakening's thing! If you have no good explanation for the kids, don't have the kids at all.

Other than that, everyone else has said what I would change. That's all!
I live to serve Master Kamui.
Not everything in the world is as smooth as ice...
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. If you could re-write the script...
  • Topic Archived