• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Should Tsubaki reclass ASAP?

User Info: lordlugia_rocks

lordlugia_rocks
3 years ago#11
May as well keep him as a Falcon Warrior and utilize him as a rally/staff/ferry bot. Hinoka should probably reclass to Lance Fighter so it's not like he's completely outdone by her as a pegasus, but make him into a samurai and he's really lackluster compared to Hana and Ryoma and he really ends up similar to Hinata only Hinata doesn't have to waste a seal.

User Info: Misha-Heart

Misha-Heart
3 years ago#12
lordlugia_rocks posted...
May as well keep him as a Falcon Warrior and utilize him as a rally/staff/ferry bot. Hinoka should probably reclass to Lance Fighter so it's not like he's completely outdone by her as a pegasus, but make him into a samurai and he's really lackluster compared to Hana and Ryoma and he really ends up similar to Hinata only Hinata doesn't have to waste a seal.

We're not talking how he does compared to others(If we were, there's Ryoma and everyone not named Ryoma), we're talking about making him better and Samurai improves him more than staying Pegasus(which is a crummy class in Fates). And looking over the maps, aside from the optional child paralogues, I don't see flying to be that game-breaking or necessary on Birthright.
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Yuri Kuma Arashi has brought forth hope and will revolutionize the world.

User Info: Charged151

Charged151
3 years ago#13
I am surprised. I see good arguments for and against... I didn't consider stave/rally utility. I mean, if you want him as a fighter, then Samurai seems better...but Falcon Knight is better from a utility point of view. I want to get rid of the maybe category, so...you know what, I will wait for more votes.

I think also that I need to tweek the assumptions that are being made for future polls. For instance, I think it is worth saying long-term use of a unit is assumed (till Endgame)...

Feel free to keep voting! I will be opening an Asama poll soon as well.
We don't beat the reaper by living longer, but by living well.

Misha-Heart
3 years ago#14
Staff utility is meh. He doesn't have the staff rank which means you have to use up precious Arms Scrolls to wield better ones and his magic is middling to staff-bot. You have Sakura, two servants and Izana for staff-bot duty and a flying healer isn't that necessary. The lack of notable terrain to cross over puts a dent in flier utility since you can DV some of it away.

Realistically, Subaki gets a lot more benefit from Samurai as a unit. Pegasus Warrior is just an awful combat class in this game and mobility doesn't really matter much since it's better to let the enemies come to you in this game. What's weird is IK has people wanting him to be Samurai, even though that route has some terrain where his pegasus is actually useful.

Charged151
3 years ago#15
Misha-Heart posted...
Staff utility is meh. He doesn't have the staff rank which means you have to use up precious Arms Scrolls to wield better ones and his magic is middling to staff-bot. You have Sakura, two servants and Izana for staff-bot duty and a flying healer isn't that necessary. The lack of notable terrain to cross over puts a dent in flier utility since you can DV some of it away.

Realistically, Subaki gets a lot more benefit from Samurai as a unit. Pegasus Warrior is just an awful combat class in this game and mobility doesn't really matter much since it's better to let the enemies come to you in this game. What's weird is IK has people wanting him to be Samurai, even though that route has some terrain where his Pegasus is actually useful.

I hear you. Samurai looks better if you want to use Tsubaki in a primary combat role. As for stave utility...considering Omegaevolution got through Nohr Hard's 20+ chapters with 1 stave user, maybe 1 or 2 is enough on all routes, where your youngest sister is 1 and Felicia or someone else is the other. As for Rally Utility, I don't know. Just waiting for votes at this point...the no votes are up by two though. I did not expect that to happen. I might revive this poll after the game comes out and people get more personal experience.

Misha-Heart
3 years ago#16
Yeah, you don't really need more than 2 healers and investing in a Falcon Warrior's staff rank is kind of pointless since at most they get a C rank and it's just for a weak Physic. People are really picky about E-rank issues when back in Shadow Dragon, Cord was a great unit to invest in who had E-rank everything.

For Rallying, you don't need it in Hoshido and there are rallybots in Nohr you can capture or recruit Shigure for a cheap rally-bot. I'd say mobility really only matters for slugs like Effie and Benoit, and even then being mounted doesn't put you above anyone in this game(ex. Pieri).

User Info: astrophys

astrophys
3 years ago#17
Out of curiosity of how they will respond to this topic, I've provided a link to this topic to the Fire Emblem subreddit. I wonder to what degree the different site's users bases might agree or disagree on the issue.

I've already made my argument here, so I'll say no further but restate it: my gut impression is that he's better off as a Pegasus. But who knows, maybe I'm crazy and just don't realize it yet.

Misha-Heart
3 years ago#18
astrophys posted...
I've already made my argument here, so I'll say no further but restate it: my gut impression is that he's better off as a Pegasus. But who knows, maybe I'm crazy and just don't realize it yet.

Investment-wise, it's kind of a waste when there's plenty of competition for the first seal. But in terms of making Subaki good, which is the point of this topic, it's a good first step since his personal combos well with Samurai skills and having an S-rank class can improve his below average offense.

I mean, look at anyone that goes into/out of Pegasus Warrior. It really isn't that good outside of flying, which doesn't seem to be that useful in Birthright.

Charged151
3 years ago#19
astrophys posted...
Out of curiosity of how they will respond to this topic, I've provided a link to this topic to the Fire Emblem subreddit. I wonder to what degree the different site's users bases might agree or disagree on the issue.

I am interested in how they respond. I don't know much about reddit, so can you provide a link to that webpage?

User Info: astrophys

astrophys
3 years ago#20
https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3qniek/quite_a_few_people_on_gamefaqs_think_that_tsubaki/

So far at least, basically almost all of the respondents that I've seen so far on reddit think that class changing him immediately is essentially crazy, partly because of highly limited Second Seal availability [which in fairness Misha concedes the competition and is stating that they're focusing on just Tsubaki here], partly because of E-ranks, partly because of sacrificing flight being considered giving up too much to get a worse version of other characters.

There are some who note that he should EVENTUALLY stop by Weapons Master and Trueblade for their skills (Line of Death if you want it, Astra as a proc), but they don't advocate doing it immediately and they recommended returning to Falcon or Golden Kite afterwards.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  3. Should Tsubaki reclass ASAP?
  • Topic Archived