• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: final_chance

final_chance
3 years ago#1
So most places I go I see a lot of talk about how this skill is OP. I don't see it myself so maybe my understanding of the skill is wrong.

I was under the impression that it's like a reverse Ignis. It takes half of the other attack stat and adds it to the stat actually being used, only it does this based on the enemies stat rather than your own. So if the enemy is using a physical weapon, I would get half of their magic stat added to my attack.

Is this correct? Because that doesn't sound all that useful to me. If an enemy is physical based, they are likely to have s*** magic, and vice versa. Unless this game bucks that trend of course? Are there plenty of enemies with roughly equal strength and magic stats?

I could see it being good for fighting other players teams, where they've likely grinded to hit all the stat caps regardless of how low a growth might be. But for the offline content it seems meh.
"Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters."
PSN ID: FatBeezzee (no blank invites please)

User Info: Ji6sun

Ji6sun
3 years ago#2
It calculates by the enemy's attacking stat. If they have a physical weapon equipped it derives from their Strength and so on. It has stupidly high activation rate and gives you a flat damage bonus. It's a dumb skill.
"What are you bastards still doing around here?! Flee like rats or die where you are! What's it going to be?!" Barbatos Goetia

User Info: Letseiv

Letseiv
3 years ago#3
With that name, it had to be broken.
Sorry.
UNIVERSE!
The greatest love is yet to come!

User Info: Mavitar

Mavitar
3 years ago#4
Ji6sun posted...
It calculates by the enemy's attacking stat. If they have a physical weapon equipped it derives from their Strength and so on. It has stupidly high activation rate and gives you a flat damage bonus. It's a dumb skill.

I don't think that's how it works. I've had Breaking Sky boost my damage by a whopping 0.
Official husbando of Felicia and father of Maid!Kanna
If someone's body temperature is above 98.6 degrees, stop trying to make sense of what they're saying.

User Info: Havic101

Havic101
3 years ago#5
Mavitar posted...
Ji6sun posted...

I don't think that's how it works. I've had Breaking Sky boost my damage by a whopping 0.

Were you a physical attacker attacking a magic enemy, or vice-versa? Because that'll do it.
http://i.imgur.com/4zeWZSV.gifv

Ji6sun
3 years ago#6
It derives the damage bonus from the enemy stat, but which stat is determined by the weapon type you have equipped.
"What are you bastards still doing around here?! Flee like rats or die where you are! What's it going to be?!" Barbatos Goetia

User Info: Ein

Ein
3 years ago#7
It works off the attacker's weapon type and defender's stats.

And yes, it's really not that useful in the main game, but the same can be said about all the proc attack skills.

Ji6sun
3 years ago#8
Astra is useful for building up Dual Guard.

User Info: akrj01

akrj01
3 years ago#9
When breaking sky is activated half of the enemies strength or magic stat is added to the amount of damage you are going to do. If you are using a physical weapon then the the enemies strength is add but if you are using a tome or a weapon that uses your magic stat such as the levin sword or shock stick then the enemies magic is added. I was confused on how it worked too until I got the game for myself and started using it first hand.

And to answer your other question most spellcasters and dark mages have little to no strength and most classes that focus on strength such as the berserker are again going to have little to no magic.

If my definition wasn't clear enough here's a like to the skill's description on Serenes Forest.

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-classes/class-skills/

User Info: final_chance

final_chance
3 years ago#10
So I just had which stat it pulls from wrong. It pulls from whatever stat I'm using.

Well it does sound a lot better now that I have that cleared up. Not necessarily OP though considering it's still based on the enemy stat, which might not be high enough to really suit my method of attack.

Thanks.
"Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters."
PSN ID: FatBeezzee (no blank invites please)
  • Topic Archived