• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Shuffle
  3. Just got a birthday check-in gift today

User Info: LusterSoldier

LusterSoldier
4 months ago#1
When I checked in today, I got a Level Up as a check-in gift. This was very unusual because the check-in reward system does not have a Level Up available as a possible reward.

Then it occurred to me that today was my birthday, so that would likely explain why I got a Level Up when checking in. I don't remember this happening last year, so this must be a new feature that was added to the game (probably in the 1.5 version update). I checked my 3DS system settings to see if there was a birthday set, and sure enough it was set to today.

I also fooled around with the birthday setting on my 3DS and moved the date forward by one day (changing it to tomorrow) to see if I can get another Level Up when checking in tomorrow. I doubt this would work and the game might detect this, but it would be interesting to try it anyways.
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as BK_Sheikah00, Guru Champ!

User Info: Eeveelutions8

Eeveelutions8
4 months ago#2
LusterSoldier posted...
When I checked in today, I got a Level Up as a check-in gift. This was very unusual because the check-in reward system does not have a Level Up available as a possible reward.

Then it occurred to me that today was my birthday, so that would likely explain why I got a Level Up when checking in. I don't remember this happening last year, so this must be a new feature that was added to the game (probably in the 1.5 version update). I checked my 3DS system settings to see if there was a birthday set, and sure enough it was set to today.

I also fooled around with the birthday setting on my 3DS and moved the date forward by one day (changing it to tomorrow) to see if I can get another Level Up when checking in tomorrow. I doubt this would work and the game might detect this, but it would be interesting to try it anyways.

If you have the celebration Pikachu already you get level ups which is nice.
Silver 3ds xl: Ichigo 1177-6436-5894 Wifi Battles
Youtube channel: eeveelutions8 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe_X6lDerYweGgX3sEpL1Og

User Info: galeongirl

galeongirl
4 months ago#3
Uh... my birthday was monday, I didn't get anything.

User Info: Houndourtwo

Houndourtwo
4 months ago#4
Eeveelutions8 posted...
LusterSoldier posted...

If you have the celebration Pikachu already you get level ups which is nice.

Yes, I have confirmed that a Level Up is indeed the reward for checking in 10 times during the month if the corresponding celebration Pikachu has already been obtained.
Vegas Golden Knights fan forever #VegasStrong

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
4 months ago#5
Doesn't it say that when you get the Level Up, that it's your reward for checking in ten times?

(Plus if you read the text on the Celebration Pikachu notice it tells you about the alternate prize)
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: Ryan86

Ryan86
4 months ago#6
Seems like it was just a happy coincidence for the TC.
Barely playing online anymore. =\

User Info: adayum

adayum
4 months ago#7
I got one too!
ERUTANGIS

User Info: LusterSoldier

LusterSoldier
4 months ago#8
Thard_Verad posted...
Doesn't it say that when you get the Level Up, that it's your reward for checking in ten times?

(Plus if you read the text on the Celebration Pikachu notice it tells you about the alternate prize)

I never bothered checking the notices anymore since we're not getting any new content for this game. But yeah, the Level Up reward was mentioned in the Celebration Pikachu notice.

And just as I figured, changing the date of my birthday in the 3DS system settings didn't do a thing when I checked in today, which meant the Level Up reward was unrelated to your birthday.
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as BK_Sheikah00, Guru Champ!

User Info: Teegan

Teegan
4 months ago#9
Thard_Verad posted...

Reading is for squares! Get with the times, old man!

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
4 months ago#10
Teegan posted...
Thard_Verad posted...

Reading is for squares! Get with the times, old man!

Quiet, whippersnapper! When I was your age, games came with their manuals printed on paper! None of this digital nonsense, no siree!

;)
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Shuffle
  3. Just got a birthday check-in gift today
  • Topic Archived