• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Shuffle
  3. I just beat Mega Glalie with NO items.

User Info: nintendofan100

nintendofan100
6 years ago#1
This was the team I used, and it still took multiple attempts before I got lucky, and I only had 1 turn remaining.

Mawile:
Level 5
Attack power = 60

Lucario:
Level 5
Attack power = 80

Aurorus:
Level 4
Attack power = 78

Ninetails:
Level 4
Attack power = 78

Of those four, only Lucario is an expert stage pokemon, and I honestly don't know if I wouldn't have swapped out Mawile for something stronger from an expert stage if I could've played them, I'm not physically able to play the expert stages at the time of this posting. (I'm not hurt if anyone wonders about it)

A lot of people apparently caved and used item(s) to win, I was determined to avoid that, and proved it IS possible.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/653897
A video game satire / parody

User Info: mtpfreak

mtpfreak
6 years ago#2
Good for you, although a lot of people would opt to spend coins they've saved up so they can get past the roadblock and continue the game.

Even with items my Mega Glalie is only a C rank.
3DS FC: RupeeClock - 2019-9640-6656
ACNL Players: Rupee, Blues - Town: Amabilis
I know it's possible, I've gotten Mega Glalie down to one hit without items. Just hoping to get lucky one of these attempts.
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!

User Info: FireMeowth

FireMeowth
6 years ago#4
Good to hear, as I'm attempting to do the same. My team doesn't seem too far behind in terms of power, though I don't have Lucario yet. Still haven't gotten it down below 25% health, though... Did you use a specific strategy, or was it just all down to pure luck?

User Info: nintendofan100

nintendofan100
6 years ago#5
Basically luck, clearing out as many pokemon on a turn is usually preferable, (Glaceons and Snorunts are gonna build up otherwise) sometimes you can purposely try to force a "no moves remaining" situation to reset the board. (I wouldn't call this reliable though) I'm not sure now if it happened on the fight where I won.

Freak got a C-rank with items, I got a B-rank without them. XD
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/653897
A video game satire / parody

User Info: Salogy

Salogy
6 years ago#6
How is your Ninetails so high leveled? Looks like you grinded to get that high. I think it made a difference too because I am using the same team except my levels are lower.
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
YESSSSS. Also did it. Also got a B rank. It's really, REALLY luck based. (Glalie kept freezing the same two columns, letting me get off combos with Moltres, Entei, Charizard and Blaziken.)
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!

User Info: megamanlolz

megamanlolz
6 years ago#8
it's a game of rng dude. If you have the right luck you can beat any stage without items. Bad luck= multiple tries. Good luck= little tries.

User Info: FireMeowth

FireMeowth
6 years ago#9
I finally did it, too! Used my team of Lv. 7 (Mega) Mawile and Combusken + Lv. 6 Aurorus & Ninetales. Beat him with 3 moves remaining and got a B-Rank. :)

User Info: Transliteration

Transliteration
6 years ago#10
I'll jsut be content with being stuck here for a while and do special stages...
Why not? SFW?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Shuffle
  3. I just beat Mega Glalie with NO items.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A