You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Hello, I will start by saying yes I know rubicante is much better at imperils and support than Vincent but I am a bit conflicted due to what i have for them. This is for D650 Nexus content onwards.

Rubicante: chain, ultra, dual

Vincent: Chain, awakening 2, dyad, sync 2

Vincent is a great damage dealer but his imperils are pretty bad unless you get really lucky and in certain fights that can cause problems, rubicante won't have that problem but in longer fights will run out of steam which has its own set of problems. I won't run both because my other 2 Fire magic characters are also very stacked and better than both of these (Terra and Papalymo).

Thank you in advance 😊

Rubi
Switch FC 5809-2535-6297
Sceptile01 3 days ago#3
If your other Fire tech is pretty good, Rubicante is the better choice unless you need Vincent for damage as well. And who knows, his AASB might be lensable in jp in the next lens update. Won't mean much now should come in time for Fire weak Bahamut.
ShinUltima 3 days ago#4
Given that loadout, I'd run Vincent/Rubicante/Papalymo. I would be very surprised if your Terra could do better than Vincent.
ShinUltima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
shenlongdark 3 days ago#5
Agree with ShinUtima, Vincent hits like a truck especially under trance and also has the 500sb glint to get going faster. He will be better than Terra.
SSJBernadetta 3 days ago#6
ShinUltima posted...
Given that loadout, I'd run Vincent/Rubicante/Papalymo. I would be very surprised if your Terra could do better than Vincent.

My Terra is very good, actually my best character she has:
Awakening 1,2,3
Sync 3
Both dyads
Dual awakening
Guardian summon

Now Vincent does cap easier, when I beat the D580 labyrinth bosses he did hit for max at all times under awakening 2 (didn't have sync 2 or dyad at the time) but Terra also has more stuff and has piercing damage which is very helpful too. That's why I am reluctant to remove her.
SSJBernadetta 3 days ago#7
I do have an alternative in running Vincent over Papalymo (both have 3 cap breaks) but I feel Papalymo is a bit better overall
Papalymo with ATB is much better. No contest.

I take it no Ace then?
Switch FC 5809-2535-6297
SSJBernadetta 3 days ago#9
RandoGamerKid posted...
Papalymo with ATB is much better. No contest.

I take it no Ace then?

No Ace, unfortunately I only get his relics in free draws and nothing above an ultra for him, except his limit overstrike
SSJBernadetta posted...
No Ace, unfortunately I only get his relics in free draws and nothing above an ultra for him, except his limit overstrike

What does Terra have? Last question
Switch FC 5809-2535-6297

GameFAQs Q&A