• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Off Topic- Just started FFVIII again

User Info: Neo Zekele

Neo Zekele
6 days ago#1
Killed off Squall and Zell in Dollet and used Seifer to level Shiva/Ifrit/Quezalcotl to 100.

Plus Seifer gained enough levels to let me draw 4 full sets of -aga spells from the mobs there.

Feels good man.

Next up: playing cards until I have everything.
FC: 1907 - 9209 - 1140
FFRK: Q9SB- Tyro USB3

User Info: RandoGamerKid

RandoGamerKid
6 days ago#2
More hyped about the Legend of Mana remaster coming to switch soon, and the Diablo 2 remaster coming for basically every single platform too.
Switch FC 5809-2535-6297
Great battle system, great customization, top tier enemy design.

Terrible world atmosphere and town design and music.

Could only ever go back to FF8 for a second time the past 20+ years.

User Info: zibba1331

zibba1331
6 days ago#4
1 playthrough of that game was all i could do. And it was only about 8 years ago.

Speaking of diablo 2, thats what i traded my PS1 copy of FFVIII in for...picked it up on reease day, played for a couple days until i went to go meet irvine (i think...something like that) and quit, traded toward D2 which didnt come out for like 6-8 months.
E's zicd rana cu E fuh'd kad vehat.

User Info: George_94

George_94
6 days ago#5
Killed off Squall and Zell in Dollet and used Seifer to level Shiva/Ifrit/Quezalcotl to 100. Plus Seifer gained enough levels to let me draw 4 full sets of -aga spells from the mobs there.

This is the proper way to play FFVIII, I did that during my second playthrough many years ago, but I missed the alien missions. :(
Everybody seems to play FF8 differently. Personally I don't like grinding, so I just draw and junction useful magic (Tornado at the end of disc 1 is the most important one for me), and play through normally. But yeah, you can break the game in twenty-seven ways if you want to though. (I did do a crazy challenge run of FF8 once, but that's its own story.)

You know, I always felt like FF8 had the best cinematography in the series. Its gameplay and story may have some faults, but the cutscenes are perfection. I enjoy the game either way though. And besides, triple triad.

As far as other non-FFRK games go, personally I'm playing a lot of Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition lately. Also playing through a Pokemon FireRed "artlocke"... a nuzlocke where I have to draw each pokemon I catch. Or I'm trying to, anyway... I'm not much of an artist, rather I'm trying to learn. It's going better than I expected though.
What a fuddy duddy.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: xypheral

xypheral
6 days ago#7
i've played this many times going through it different ways.....maxing things in dollet, or speeding all the way till you get ragnarok and just camp in island closest to hell...lol....or screwing the triple triad game by mixing all the different rules together....i remember it became such a pain cos i kept on losing to random/plus/same....well it was fun regardless whichever way i played it....

User Info: raoxi

raoxi
6 days ago#8
i play normally the first time around and it was painful then i realised the game mobs follow squall's levels then it was lol time... also my first playthrough i didnt know u can boost summons. ftl...
ffrk: XPDM

User Info: RandoGamerKid

RandoGamerKid
6 days ago#9
Just got done with a no Junction no Level run not long ago. Pretty hard. But doable. Next is:

A. No Sphere Grid 10

Or

B. lvl 1 FF9

Or

C. No level no Materia 7?

I'm not entirely convinced ANYTHING I do to gimp myself in 7 will make it hard, 10 I ALMOST had years ago (made it to phase 3 Yunalesca) and 9 was stressing me out trying to petrify s*** 500x stronger than me
Switch FC 5809-2535-6297

User Info: AndyTarot

AndyTarot
6 days ago#10
Played VIII on a PC version via regular way. It was 20 years ago though. That Pocketstation Chocobo World built into the game was one of the most weird and cool things at that time. I don't think Pocketstation was ever released outside JP.
FFRK - jSqH (Divine Veil Grimoire)
Mario Kart Tour - 348455412172
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Off Topic- Just started FFVIII again
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A