• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Hi would it be worth it to make any of these Hero Abilities?

User Info: SSJBernadetta

SSJBernadetta
3 weeks ago#1
I am considering the following ones: they all see a lot of use in my elemental teams

Sephiroth: (Sync)
Rinoa: (Earth Sync, Ice Awakening, Arcane, Chain)
Onion Knight: (Everything except damage materia, physical super, chain and 5* Glint)
Rem: (Awakening, Overstrike, 6* Glint)
Rikku: (Everything minus X Chain, both Quick Cast Materia and 5* glint)
Bartz: (Spellblade Awakening, Arcane, Wind Ultra, Overstrike)

Thank you in advance 😊

User Info: bennex

bennex
3 weeks ago#2
Depends on what content you try to clear at the moment.

Sephiroth is good for the FFVII Dreambreaker, but imo not worth it before.
Rikku's is bad.
Bartz can usually just use the regular spellblade abilities. his HA just would give him one more hit for wind.
Onion has the same problem as Bartz, but already has 5 hit abillity acces for every element.
Don't know about Rinoa.
Rem is pretty good, since Holy white magic only has one damaging abillity.

So I would get abillities if they make the difference between winning and not winning. Or sub30 or not sub30. Except Rikku's (it might be useful if you use more than one water thief, but I don't think so)

User Info: Netherscythe

Netherscythe
3 weeks ago#3
Personal experience,

I have sephiroths and rems, both do way more damage than their 6* equivalents, seph went from 30-40k per hit on Alexander to 60-70k, however it wasn't NEEDED as I'd already beat him. Since no 6* dark yet obv haven't given rem a good testing but I know I needed to free up holyaja for a second dps which is why I pulled the trigger.

User Info: SSJBernadetta

SSJBernadetta
3 weeks ago#4
bennex posted...
Depends on what content you try to clear at the moment.

Sephiroth is good for the FFVII Dreambreaker, but imo not worth it before.
Rikku's is bad.
Bartz can usually just use the regular spellblade abilities. his HA just would give him one more hit for wind.
Onion has the same problem as Bartz, but already has 5 hit abillity acces for every element.
Don't know about Rinoa.
Rem is pretty good, since Holy white magic only has one damaging abillity.

So I would get abillities if they make the difference between winning and not winning. Or sub30 or not sub30. Except Rikku's (it might be useful if you use more than one water thief, but I don't think so)

Hi, I am currently on 5* magicite. I have beaten 4 of them, King Behemoth, Phoenix, Famfrit and Manticore. I have taken a break from the other ones for now. I have only finished a few torment dungeons and dreams too.

Thank you for your advice 😊, it sounds like I might just not make any for now

User Info: raoxi

raoxi
3 weeks ago#5
made rem, minwu and rinoa myself. lightning nex.... mnd and dual elemental HA that can benefit from aasb stacking is always good
ffrk: XPDM

User Info: Garetjax333

Garetjax333
3 weeks ago#6
You sound pretty well equipped for the content you’re tackling. I’d hold off until you get stuck. The resources for HAs aren’t plentiful yet for most people so I’d hate to see you blow them all for content you’d otherwise be able to beat easily.
The good ol' days never existed. It's the coverage of negative news that increased significantly. www.goodnewsnetwork.org
FFRK ID# GfRd Tyro DVG

User Info: Smealiko

Smealiko
3 weeks ago#7
I would grab Bartz HA, he can sub30 easily with his awakening for 5* magicite , and help you clear for at least six elements. Don’t even need to bring a chain if you have Ignis BSB or Tyro USB4 +Elarra USB2 combo in your team just to show you how broken he is for 5* magicite only. Very good character if you are a F2P player, a good investment for 5* and 6* magicite including Odin and Omega.

Bartz Ha would give give one more hit for wind and water too. They are about to release a 5hit water spellblade ability, but it’s not even out yet so for now you are stuck with his Stormspell Strike.

User Info: Goldice

Goldice
3 weeks ago#8
Seph HA easily
New England Patriots: Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLIX, LI, LIII Champions

User Info: EVA_ZERO

EVA_ZERO
3 weeks ago#9
Seph HA? Yeah, Taboo Raid is amazing, you should totally make it.

User Info: mdly68

mdly68
3 weeks ago#10
Seph because he can go past 19999 damage, and you want that higher multiplier.

In most cases, HA's are better than 6* abilities especially if they have 6 hits. Either they have something to make them unique or they have a slightly higher multiplier (like 10% on the ones I checked). But if you're already capping at 19999 it doesn't add much, and if the HA is 5 hits it REALLY doesn't do much.

Squall and Celes HA stand out because they are aoe spellblades, though Celes doesn't have the enElement to back it up against 6*.

If you're at the 5* magicite level...plan for dark Odin. Bartz is a potentially good choice IF you have another spellblade that needs your 6* abilities. Or just get it anyway for the slightly stronger multiplier. Lots of people use Bartz for multiple Odins. But then you get to 6* magicite and the lack of enElement makes Bartz harder to use. Onion knight has the same problem, works at the 5* level but not at 6*. Congrats on seph sync - dark-weak Odin is one of the hardest and I never beat it until I got that sync. His HA was reaching 40-50k per hit. Cleared 2/3 of Odins health by itself and I used his AASB for the rest. Be sure to invest in a good dark imperil character.

Get HAs for primary DPS who have sync or at least aasb/glints for infusion stacking. Check the lens shop if you're considering an investment.

Another observation - HAs can do a lot more damage than sync commands. Definitely noticable when Seph uses sync 1 followed by HA. But aside from the triple infusion which is so convenient for 6*, I like AASBs better. Like for Squall, if I want to aoe on valefor I can use sync 2 for 3 hits and it follows up with my 5 hit renzo. If I had his AASB I could do two renzos instead.
FFBE: 523 356 395 (Alathair)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Hi would it be worth it to make any of these Hero Abilities?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A