• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Odin - Dark Side of the Toons

User Info: sohmwan87

sohmwan87
1 week ago#1
just managed to finish my last Elemental Omega and going back to the grind for Dark Odin. at this point, i am only lacking holy/dark/poison weakness.

was wondering, if i took another whack at it now: Dark Team
Rufus - AASb/USB(Mako Cannon).
Selphie - AASB/USB(Slots Full Cure, Booyaka Slot)/GSB+.
Tyro - USB(Divine Veil Grimoire, Warder Apocrypha), GSB, SB(Sentinel Grimoire).
Seifer - CSB/USB(Knight of Destiny).
Sephiroth - AOSB, AASB, USB(Zanshin, Heartless Angel), OSB.

also have:
Cloud - AOSB, AASB, USB(Darkpetal Bloom, Ultra Cross Slash), GSB+, GSB.
Elarra - AASB, USB(Magika Orare, Magika Album), BSB, GSB+.

with Magicite:
Titan - Healing/Health.
Ark - 2x Empower.
Deathgaze - Dampen/Health.
Phoenix - Blade/Spell.
Madeen - 2x Attack.

wanted to bring along Cloud but even though his AASB has BDL2 it is not a W cast. just his GSB+/USB(Ultra Cross Slash) but it does not last long. and Sephiroth and his setup. le sigh, if i do execute it correctly, something drastic happens and gameover. restart.

or bring in an extra healer cause even though Selphie Fortifying Dance is helpful the heal you get from it is minimal. Elarra is great at healing but she only has 1 attempt at Last Stand, not including her BSB, which is a chore.

like the idea of Rufus for the uber imperils and Seifer is needed for chain. can take the CSB RW but then i lose out on the 99,999 RW.

would obviously trade out Tyro but he has astra.

User Info: Blaze0fGlory

Blaze0fGlory
1 week ago#2
I use Rufus, Seph and Seifer myself. You can lens shop Seifer’s radiant Shield and isn’t tyros crit boost in there? That looks like the ticket to me. You wanna main ark in your magicite deck for the holy blink.
FF fan since NES
FFRK Gtja Tyro DVG

sohmwan87
1 week ago#3
his bsb, correct?

does selphie aasb act as an astra?

or should i too and boot her for elarra?

User Info: xypheral

xypheral
1 week ago#4
yes you can lens seifer's BSB for RS...

personally, i'll replace seifer with cloud....run a CSB RW...you already have titan anyway right....as for holy blink, eat it with last stand? if not use selphie's aasb?

i actually thought omega is on the same level as odin....but well i could be wrong....

sohmwan87
1 week ago#5
meant cause of the sleep. wanted to see if that was going to be omitted. was not sure it it was magical or physical.

finally, managed to clear it. so last i have to work on is Holy Odin.

my Holy Team:
Firion - AOSB, AASB, USB(Double Trouble), GSB.
Cecil - AOSB, AASB, USB(Crystal Vanguard, Holy Blade).
Orlandeau - AOSB, AASB, OSB.
Ramza - AOSB, USB(Seeker of Truth), BSB(Unsung Hero, Battle Cry), CSB.

Cid Raines - AOSB, AASB, BSB.
Rem - AOSB, AASB, OSB.
Dr Mog - AOSB(Archival Source), AASB, USB(Nature Wrath).
Minwu - USB(Enduring Revival, Light of Mysidia), BSB(Holy XVI, Seal of Heaven).

Edward - USB(Hero Rime), BSB.
Tyro - AOSB(Triple Phase, Link of Light), USB(Warder Apocrypha, Divine Veil Grimoire, Arbiter Tome), GSB.

Vanille - AASB, USB(Bond of Awakening, Convalescence).
Elarra - AASB, USB(Magika Album, Magika Orare), BSB, GSB+.
Selphie - AOSB, USB(Slots Full Cure, Booyaka Slot), GSB+.

Magicite:
Titan - Healing/Health.
Madeen - 2x Empower.
Lakshmi - Dampen/Health.
Phoenix - Blade/Spell.
Madeen - Magic/Mind.

have other varations of Madeen/Lakshmi/Phoenix.

and then back to 6* since that Dreambreaker FF9 is unattainable for me at the moment.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
1 week ago#6
I still haven't taken down Dark Weak Odin. Last one beside lolbio.

Made a few attempts, seems way tougher than the others.

Seifer - CSB/AASB/BSB/Glint/LMR1/LMR2
Decil - Sync/USB/LMR
Sephiroth - AASB/AOSB/USB1/USB2/LMR
Elarra AASB/USB2/USB1/LMR
Tyro AASB/USB1/2/3/4/LMR

Pathetic I can't close the battle with that team

The timing of blinking that that goddamn Sleepja with Tyro USB1 between a Sap move is infuriating

Wondering if I should just drop Elarra and run Larsa AASB/USB

sohmwan87
1 week ago#7
yeah. that USB(Astra) has to come right before the sleep. cause the move before it has sap. good thing i had the GSB. but your damage is good enough. probably even more for overkill. no imperiler? maybe drop for Decil but i am not informed on his setup.

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
1 week ago#8
sohmwan87 posted...
yeah. that USB(Astra) has to come right before the sleep. cause the move before it has sap. good thing i had the GSB. but your damage is good enough. probably even more for overkill. no imperiler? maybe drop for Decil but i am not informed on his setup.

Seifer is my imperiler, spamming the 6* move. Don't really have any other options for imperiling unless I ran that chick from FF13 BSB.

Decil Sync paris with his USB, can usually get 2 turns where he doublecast Sync and follows up with Taboo Raid.

Not really clear on order of relic use for Sephiroth - fell into all of his equipment and not sure if you go USB2 > AASB or vice versa, and whether his USB1 has use.

sohmwan87
1 week ago#9
just went yolo with heartless angel -> aasb -> zanshin and went ham. then when it was all over, osb. imperils does help even though only sephiroth was only able to break cap. had to make sure i had close to 4 bars though.

smdh!!! had him to 0.02! dayum, i hate those count down moves!
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Odin - Dark Side of the Toons
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A