• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. 5th Anniversary Celebration Banner 2 Relic Draw Topic

User Info: sarothias

sarothias
4 days ago#21
@Relm_Arrowny_87
But Tellah sucks as a chain holder and I have nothing else for him.
Hey now! Tellah has come a long way now. If this had been released a little bit further in the past, he probably would have died after the chain runs out as a secondary effect like all his other crap lol

FreeMan5407 posted...
With glint and that USB3 you need a Cloud level of bars, but she will be hitting up to 46hits every other turn lol
Insane
FFRK - Tyro's Godwall Code: 9DXU

User Info: SolitaireD

SolitaireD
4 days ago#22
Rydia is the only goal here, since you want as much DPS for Ramuh as possible.
Tellah helps but I will rather wait powercreep to give me other Earth characters, or new Tellah toys that can make people go wow.

Yuffie is purely for favoritism/collection.
Edea too actually. Next VIII banner has more Ice & VIII relics, rather than aiming for just 1 character here.

Vivi is mainly for realm fights.
Too late to join the Ice/Lightning mage competition.
If you get him here you can just focus on the first IX banner during the Phantasm event.

For upcoming banners for Ramuh, FFT0 has Cinque, FFII has Maria & then the update that reduces no En-Element penalty comes with an Earth banner too. And by then powercreep should make Ramuh more manageable.
3DS FC: 2809-9061-6615
JP FFRK (QT3rB): All utility except Runic and Astra.
Relm_Arrowny_87 posted...
I don't particularly like the new chains. They're decent upfront, since they're basically +70% elemental damage. But powercreep will not be kind to them... We'll start hitting the elemental boost 60% cap, the elemental damage softcap/hardcap (especially with all the Syncs), and of course the 99-chain cap. They're equal or maybe even better right now, but in a year or two (assuming the game even lasts that long) we won't really want them imo.

That's what I said when they debuted 6 months ago in JP and people said I was trolling/crazy.
They are amazing for auto-battle Magicite missions, I'll give them that. Still not banner decisions though.

User Info: Shale0

Shale0
3 days ago#24
SolitaireD posted...
Edea too actually. Next VIII banner has more Ice & VIII relics, rather than aiming for just 1 character here.

EXCEPT: This is, shockingly, the only featured ice chain on any banner for almost six months. Your next opportunity to pull one from an event (as opposed to lucking out on a realm/element or "everything under the sun" draw) is Fran's gen 2.5 physical chain in the FFXII event two weeks before what will be our September-October fest. So if you're like me and still relying on a gen 1, or just Fran's freebie, that should factor into your thinking.
It's a man's life in the British Dental Association!
http://apps.washingtonpost.com/national/fallen/
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: AndyTarot

AndyTarot
3 days ago#25
Shale0 posted...
EXCEPT: This is, shockingly, the only featured ice chain on any banner for almost six months. Your next opportunity to pull one from an event (as opposed to lucking out on a realm/element or "everything under the sun" draw) is Fran's gen 2.5 physical chain in the FFXII event two weeks before what will be our September-October fest. So if you're like me and still relying on a gen 1, or just Fran's freebie, that should factor into your thinking.

I'm on the same boat. Just Rinoa, who is on DPS duty and Fran as an imperil option (but that chain is pretty weak nonetheless). Edea is pretty good as a chain holder, if you have her samerow quickcast USB and 20+1 Arcane like I do, she has tons of stuff to spend SB points on.

Also, I need that earth chain even more. Rude is so underwhelming, he just doesn't cut it for Ramuh. For Odin, no problem. But for the old geezer you need a chain like this or Galuf/Red XIII.

On the other hand, Vivi pollutes this banner. I have his USB3 chasing these elements, but like Sephiroth I'm not interested in building a second element from scratch. Earth Yuffie is better though, no dualcast but she has native LM so that's fine.

Maybe a pull or two, but I'll try the free draws first in hopes of getting earth/ice chain so I don't have to gamble here.
FFRK - jSqH (Divine Veil Grimoire)
Mario Kart Tour - 348455412172
0 dupes, but just not the most appealing banner outside of Rydia. The theme of secondary element is unwelcome and wasteful, and I see why Solitaire has panned these banners and gone as far as to say this should've been a different fest, not Anniversary.
FFRK ID: 24F2 - Tyro DVG

User Info: OutsiderX

OutsiderX
3 days ago#27
ffrkowaway posted...
I kinda like this banner, but it's annoying that Yuffie AA2 is instacast instead of dualcast and that Vivi AA2 could really use his GSB for 6*

What?! Oh for......

Dammit!

User Info: Uiru

Uiru
3 days ago#28
Gonna drop two pulls here, two pulls on fire banner, then reassess.

I've got gems for this banner, then 18000 more in the budget. Both half price for 3 and 4, then 5 draws after that. I really want Terra sync too though :p

User Info: AdmiralAeris

AdmiralAeris
3 days ago#29
This banner is probably where most of my focus this fest will go as I don't need that much regarding water, banner 3 is infested with chocobros, and I don't know how much magic wind is going to help me.

One dupe (Rydia LMR4) and two real duds (both chains, have Serah and Emperor already)
As long as you have a goal, you can fight?
FFRK RW: cBVu (Lightning AASB)
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: raoxi

raoxi
3 days ago#30
@SolitaireD how applicable are non enX dps for 6* once the dmg reduction is buffed? how much less dmg would they do instead?
ffrk: XPDM
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. 5th Anniversary Celebration Banner 2 Relic Draw Topic
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A