• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Off-topic: Mobius is shutting down on March 31, 2020.

User Info: MrMcMahon

MrMcMahon
1 week ago#11
Hmm I never play Mobius but its always sad time if a game has to be terminated...I played Digimon Linkz before and it got termination news only few weeks after it anniversary....very cruel
You Are Fired!!!

User Info: BDSMKane

BDSMKane
1 week ago#12
kwonshin posted...
Quick check on Mobius' revenue for Dec 19

JP USD 150k
GL USD 70k

Understandable it got cancelled LOL
For what period of time? Which of the three versions? Steam version normally not included.
"We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye."

User Info: Mimetic_soup

Mimetic_soup
1 week ago#13
Don't think of it as losing a game

Think of it as gaining 5 gigs of HD space :)

Jokes aside, its going to be harder now to keep playing as any gains I make now will be for nought (Well, they always were but you know...) but its been a fun ride since day 1 even if they never really got on top of the tower cheaters which ruined my intrest in that part beyond coasting around the 50% reward mark

I hate to say it, but we'll likely never see anything like mobius again - a (mostly) f2p game with AAA level game graphics and a masterful combat system that grew and changed, even incorporating other games systems - I'll never forget the end of season 1 and that final battle that stacks up pretty well to many conventional FF final boss battles...to this day I still have no clue how I beat it but it was a nailbiter with an epic payoff that made me think 'where do they go from here?'
"Or maybe you're the chosen one. More likely the glutton for punishment though..." - Raz
PSN ID: BurstOrion

User Info: Garetjax333

Garetjax333
1 week ago#14
I tried playing that game when it first came out. I just couldn’t get into it. It felt awfully repetitive and didn’t have the combat depth of FFRK. Too bad though. I know some people really like that game.
The good ol' days never existed. It's the coverage of negative news that increased significantly. www.goodnewsnetwork.org
FFRK ID# GfRd Shadow Shuriken Storm

User Info: BeckyBoo

BeckyBoo
1 week ago#15
BDSMKane posted...
For what period of time? Which of the three versions? Steam version normally not included.

For the month of December going by that...

User Info: Relm_Arrowny_87

Relm_Arrowny_87
1 week ago#16
Here's Global's announcement, from their website.

Greetings, Warriors of Light.

Thank you for playing and supporting MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY throughout the years.

After many difficult discussions, Square Enix ended service for the Japanese version of MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY in December 2019, after the Warrior of Despair story concluded.

Service for the global version of the game will continue until the Warrior of Despair story has concluded on June 30, 2020, at 6:00 pm PDT (UTC-7), at which time service for it, too, will end.

The schedule until end of service is as follows.

-----------------------------------------

[Future Schedule]

■Jan. 15, 2020 at 7:00 pm PST (UTC-8)

・End-of-service notification (this notice)

■Mar. 31, 2020 at 8:00 pm PDT (UTC-7)

・End of "Magicite" sales in the global version of the game

* Any purchased "Magicite" can be used until the end of service.

■ Jun. 30, 2020 at 6:00 pm PDT (UTC-7)

・End of service

--------------------------------------------

We would like to express our deepest gratitude to all our players who have supported us since service began back on August 3, 2016. It is with heavy heart that we must now bring you this sad news.

We will continue to implement updates to in-game events, including the conclusion of the Warrior of Despair story, until the end of service, so it is our fondest hope that you will see our adventurers' fates out to the very last.

Thank you for fighting alongside the Warriors of Light and for being a part of the world of Mobius Final Fantasy. May you continue to bring the light of hope to those around you.

January 15, 2020

MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY Operations Team
What a fuddy duddy.

User Info: Phagey

Phagey
1 week ago#17
Garetjax333 posted...
I tried playing that game when it first came out. I just couldn’t get into it. It felt awfully repetitive and didn’t have the combat depth of FFRK. Too bad though. I know some people really like that game.
This. RIP Mobius.

User Info: BDSMKane

BDSMKane
1 week ago#18
To anyone interested about how the game was doing.

http://game-i.daa.jp/?%E3%82%A2%E3%83%97%E3%83%AA%2FMOBIUS%20FINAL%20FANTASY

Edit: Also worth noting this seems to indicate a significantly higher revenue than posted earlier, still in the millions (for iOS version only even).
"We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye."
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: unknown081

unknown081
1 week ago#19
Well darn :(
Nothing seems to be going my way this year.
Guess I can at least say I stick by the game from the beginning to the end. Hope they'll still finish the current season story at least
3DS FC: 0087-2527-3441
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: __Blight__

__Blight__
1 week ago#20
So odd. Why did I think that Mobius made more money than this game?
"The Emperor protects."
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Off-topic: Mobius is shutting down on March 31, 2020.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers