• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Off-topic: Mobius is shutting down on March 31, 2020.
I posted this in the bar at first, but I think it deserves its own topic.

Edit: Apparently, Global's Mobius shuts down June 30. March 31 is for the JP version.

Twitter announcement:
https://twitter.com/mobiusff/status/1217371090282065925
What a fuddy duddy.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: antifocus

antifocus
1 week ago#2
The inevitable fate of server games.
A shame. I did like playing that game. Main reason I don't play it right now is largely because of lack of space on my phone. Though I do wonder how the Global version of the game will be handled from here on out.
Don't read my sig. You're just wasting your time.

User Info: Relm_Arrowny_87

Relm_Arrowny_87
1 week ago#4
Shadow Stalker X posted...
A shame. I did like playing that game. Main reason I don't play it right now is largely because of lack of space on my phone. Though I do wonder how the Global version of the game will be handled from here on out.

I just read that Mobius Global will shut down June 30.

I don't know how far behind their Global is compared to JP, but I guess it'll coast for a bit before dying... I find that kinda interesting as an FFRK player.
What a fuddy duddy.
Relm_Arrowny_87 posted...
I just read that Mobius Global will shut down June 30.

I don't know how far behind their Global is compared to JP, but I guess it'll coast for a bit before dying... I find that kinda interesting as an FFRK player.
Dug it up on Reddit, and it seems they still have 2 chapters to go through of the story. It might be possible for me to at least play out the rest of the story, since I was planning on getting a new phone soon anyway.
Don't read my sig. You're just wasting your time.

User Info: Armor King 108

Armor King 108
1 week ago#6
What? I didn't see this coming...is there a reason? Like an official reason...or an actual reason?

I'm a day one player but I BARELY play. I'm legit still in Chapter 1. Have like 5 ultimate jobs and 2 supreme cards.

I really like most of the "card art", it's fun seeing new renditions of classic FF characters and monsters.

...and this definitely means that FFRK will never get Sophie and Graff...or Mobius Sarah...
"Ha! They locked us up in a house made of candy." Gibari, Baten Kaitos
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b142/ArmorKing108/screen-8.jpg?t=1405420906

User Info: BDSMKane

BDSMKane
1 week ago#7
I’d say the official reason is it’s not profitable enough. It’s SE.

Edit: Thanks for the notice, time to drop it like a growth egg.
"We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye."
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: DrChia

DrChia
1 week ago#8
Armor King 108 posted...
What? I didn't see this coming...is there a reason? Like an official reason...or an actual reason?

I'm a day one player but I BARELY play. I'm legit still in Chapter 1. Have like 5 ultimate jobs and 2 supreme cards.
you just answered your own question
FC: 5472-6255-9417

User Info: kwonshin

kwonshin
1 week ago#9
Quick check on Mobius' revenue for Dec 19

JP USD 150k
GL USD 70k

Understandable it got cancelled LOL
I Won't Do What You Want Me To Do
(edited 1 week ago)
DrChia posted...
you just answered your own question

I barely play because I have like 10 mobile games because I'm dumb. FFRK I actually play for real. Mobius and others I collect my daily login bonuses, and do an event only if it interests me enough, like seasonal or collab events. I was actually playing the FFX event and pulling for Jecht...

I actually really like that the "collab" events try to incorporate a version of the source games growth system. FFVII event had Materia, FFXIII event had Crystarium, FFVIII event probably had Junction I think...The first time the FFX event was around there was a weird Blitzball event...

There should definitely be an "offline" version that you can just buy and play, like Final Fantasy Dimensions 2 did.
"Ha! They locked us up in a house made of candy." Gibari, Baten Kaitos
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b142/ArmorKing108/screen-8.jpg?t=1405420906
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Off-topic: Mobius is shutting down on March 31, 2020.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers