• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Zyrook

Zyrook
1 week ago#11
Holy fug. Beat Quetza and nearly sub 30'd it (30.80).

Tried going Bartz/Red/Elerra/Galuf/Tifa. I can see the appeal of Elarra, but she just kept dying before I could get set up. So tried it again, this time with MM on Galuf so he could take the haste duty. Still no love.

Tried it again with Elarra/Red/Aerith/Bartz/Tifa. Good lord @shadestreet was right, the constant delay reduction from the healers meant my moves were basically popping off non-stop. It physically took longer than any of my other runs, but the timer was so much lower. I also somehow forgot just how much damage output Bartz has, even without en-element.

Thanks all for the help! I think I'm starting to see the line to beat 5* stuff. Now for the real magecite grinding to begin... yay?

Also seems to me that a lot of this game's challenge is in the team building stage. Almost every hard fight I've had has only been hard for the first time, but when I win it's sub-30 or close, and after that I can jump straight into grinding it. That normal?

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
1 week ago#12
Completely normal.

you should really try to get to single Healer though. Elarra almost always needs DMT/MM to drop USB1 on turn 2-3 in most fights, after that, she should be good.

I would keep her in all daily farm parties to get 100 Magia for HP ASAP.

Once you get some HP boons in your deck she shouldn’t be so fragile.

Congrats @Zyrook

Zyrook
1 week ago#13
Yeah. I'm hoping now that I've broken into 5* magecite things will really start to fall into place.

I'll keep that in mind with Elarra. Most of my daily grind teams have been the chars with the ability damage + LMs. Didn't notice until recently that those are x1.4, compared to the elemental x1.3, so I didn't get the full set. In the meantime I've got a ton of waters laying around, so I'll just pour some stat buffs into her.

User Info: FreeMan5407

FreeMan5407
1 week ago#14
Zyrook posted...
Holy fug. Beat Quetza and nearly sub 30'd it (30.80).

Tried going Bartz/Red/Elerra/Galuf/Tifa. I can see the appeal of Elarra, but she just kept dying before I could get set up. So tried it again, this time with MM on Galuf so he could take the haste duty. Still no love.

Tried it again with Elarra/Red/Aerith/Bartz/Tifa. Good lord @shadestreet was right, the constant delay reduction from the healers meant my moves were basically popping off non-stop. It physically took longer than any of my other runs, but the timer was so much lower. I also somehow forgot just how much damage output Bartz has, even without en-element.

Thanks all for the help! I think I'm starting to see the line to beat 5* stuff. Now for the real magecite grinding to begin... yay?

Also seems to me that a lot of this game's challenge is in the team building stage. Almost every hard fight I've had has only been hard for the first time, but when I win it's sub-30 or close, and after that I can jump straight into grinding it. That normal?

Bartz AASB is extremely useful even against Odin , is only magicite 6* where enelement is necessary and even then with his USB2 , 100%critical and 50% critical dmg, full imperil and very high chain count (gen2 ) , Bartz can do over 13k-14k per hit against Leviathan, not bad for lacking enelement , obviously not optimal, but is something

Bartz also have BSB for his four elements , SSB with enwind i think and his USB3 enwind, so he can be in your party against some of the 6* if you are lacking the offensive on certain elements
The Witcher 3 , Bloodborne, Devil May Cry 5, The Outer Worlds and God of War are the best games of this gen

User Info: EchoNull

EchoNull
1 week ago#15
Zyrook posted...
Yeah. I'm hoping now that I've broken into 5* magecite things will really start to fall into place.

I'll keep that in mind with Elarra. Most of my daily grind teams have been the chars with the ability damage + LMs. Didn't notice until recently that those are x1.4, compared to the elemental x1.3, so I didn't get the full set. In the meantime I've got a ton of waters laying around, so I'll just pour some stat buffs into her.

Do you have the spare eggs to 99 them directly? If so, you're kinda wasting time not running a Magia grind party for your daily grind....
Odd.
FFRK: D6vf Garnet Chain ~ Orbs: https://goo.gl/9ERBYu ~ SBs: http://goo.gl/SO1Iyc ~ Spreadsheets: https://goo.gl/SYKysf

Zyrook
1 week ago#16
@FreeMan5407
I had Bartz slotted into my physical wind team, because I have his USB3. Having both USB3 and AASB1 active at the same time is bananas. Feels like firing off Knights of the Round in FFVII. Set his action then go make a sandwich or something.

@EchoNull
Welp, looks like another daily thing I've been doing wrong. Daily grind for the Magia, eggs for the level up. Got it.

Question now that I've beaten Quezta (and Famfrit, turns out my lightning physical is bonkers), what are the go-to 5* deck guides? I spotted Brutil22's guide over on Reddit, but looks like it's a little over a year old. Are 5* decks pretty much a solved game, or are there a bunch of asterisks attached to that question?

shadestreet
6 days ago#17
  • Double Dampen for each element
  • Double Empower for each element
  • Madeen #1 with 2x Atk20
  • Madeen #2 with 2x Mag20
  • Madeen #3 with HPx2
  • Blocker with HP + Blade Ward + Spell Ward (I go with Phoenix for this)

That's basics. You can make niche things like another copy of your Imperils with Empower of that Element on it (they usually have dampen on them, i.e., I am making a Quetz with double empower lightning specifically for Lightnings Sync as I don't always want to take Behemoth King)

You can use your 4*'s to inherit into the 5*'s for the Empowers and Dampens since they are the same level as 5* (15 and 10 respectively), but pay attention to their ultra opener - there are some which you will still want to hold onto (any Imperil, some of the Holy ones as you don't want to break savage for Ark).

User Info: ShinUltima

ShinUltima
6 days ago#18
@Zyrook

Quick and Dirty 5* magicite guide

- Triple Empower
- Dampen with Dampen and HP boon
- General Defensive Magicite with HP Boon, Blade Ward and Spell Ward (candidates are Famfrit, Phoenix, or Mateus)
- Offensive Madeen (AtK x2, Mag x2, AtK+Mag, etc)
- Defensive Madeen (HP+Healing Boon, HP+Fast Cast, etc).

Madeen is the most versatile of the 5*s so you can make as many as you want. A Deadly Strikes x2 Madeen is great for Cloud/TGC/Noctis or any team where you're running critfix, others choose to wards or HP x2 on them, etc.

Until you get the requisite magicite, just fill in with equivalent 4* (e.g. Evrae with HP boon until you get Madeen) until you get the 5* version.
ShinUltima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
PSN: ShinUltima

shadestreet
6 days ago#19
ShinUltima posted...
- Triple Empower

@ShinUltima I keep seeing this... why? Isn't the third copy only adding 4%? If you are adding another thing to a double empower wouldnt Fast Act, Crit+ or Critga be better?

User Info: ShinUltima

ShinUltima
6 days ago#20
@shadestreet

That 4% is consistent across all fights though. The only other option that would be as universal would be HP Boon. There really isn't a good alternative that has as much universal application (FAst Act is junk if you have a speed healer, Precise Strikes is useless if you have Cloud/TGC/Noctis or run Tyro/Ignis, and Deadly Strikes is better on Madeen so it's not tied to any one element).
ShinUltima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
PSN: ShinUltima
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers