• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Zyrook

Zyrook
1 week ago#1
Currently on Quetza. Getting real close but can't seem to eek out that last 10% or so.

Current Team:
Shelke - Wrath/Entrust - LM start haste - Battleforged
Aerith - Innocent Cure - Hastaga/Curada LMs Double cast / AOE heal - Mako Might
Red XIII - CSB/AOSB/GSB+ - Wrath/Entrust - Dr. Mog's Teachings
Galuf - USB1/AASB/AOSB/GSB+ - Grand Charge/Stone Press - LM Reduce delay on first 3 actions - Scholar's Boon
Tifa - AASB/GSB+/OSB - Ironfist Earth/Gaia Rush - LM Start en-earth/Monk abilities reduce delay - Face the Past

Megecite -
Earth Guardian 99 no inherit
Octomammoth 99 w/Magic Boon 15 (for HP boon)
Midgardsormr 99 no inherit
Catastrophy 99 w/Empower Earth 10
Gizamaluke 99 w/Blade Ward 5
I have them set up so Red XIII will catch the first paralyze, then Shelke. My current strategy is:
Red - Fire off CSB, then wrath until paralyzed. When paralysis wears off fire off fresh chain, then load up Aerith until another chain is needed.
Shelke - Battery duty. Wrath-wrath-entrust to Tifa. Share Magecite and RW duty with Red.
Aerith - Turn one haste, turn two USB. Alternate between Curada and USB as needed.
Galuf - Turn 1 RW, turn 2 GSB+, Charge-Charge-Press until AASB is ready. USB when haste wears off. AOSB when ready and rage is down.
Tifa - Turn 1 GSB+, turn 2 AASB, Spam Ironfist until AASB wears off, spam OSB after.

So, is this a matter of getting better Magecite? Galuf, Red, and Tifa all have earth+ weapons and armor, everyone has at least moderate lightning resist.

Is it that I'm being dumb with Galuf? I recently got his AASB, GSB+, and AOSB all in the same pull and he's the only AASB holder I have with both earth and access to heavy physical, but so far I'm not impressed with his AASB. Is Galuf monk or bust, or is he viable as heavy?

Should I swap someone on my team? I have Gladiolus already leveled and have his USB that en-earth and double charges Heavy. For non-heavy earths I also have
Bartz - AASB USB1/2/3 AOSB GSB LMR-Doublecast
Noctus - AASB GSP (also a non-elemental USB and BSB)

Or is it just a matter of I got the right idea, but just need to pray harder to RNJesus?

User Info: FreeMan5407

FreeMan5407
1 week ago#2
Zyrook posted...
Currently on Quetza. Getting real close but can't seem to eek out that last 10% or so.

Current Team:
Shelke - Wrath/Entrust - LM start haste - Battleforged
Aerith - Innocent Cure - Hastaga/Curada LMs Double cast / AOE heal - Mako Might
Red XIII - CSB/AOSB/GSB+ - Wrath/Entrust - Dr. Mog's Teachings
Galuf - USB1/AASB/AOSB/GSB+ - Grand Charge/Stone Press - LM Reduce delay on first 3 actions - Scholar's Boon
Tifa - AASB/GSB+/OSB - Ironfist Earth/Gaia Rush - LM Start en-earth/Monk abilities reduce delay - Face the Past

Megecite -
Earth Guardian 99 no inherit
Octomammoth 99 w/Magic Boon 15 (for HP boon)
Midgardsormr 99 no inherit
Catastrophy 99 w/Empower Earth 10
Gizamaluke 99 w/Blade Ward 5
I have them set up so Red XIII will catch the first paralyze, then Shelke. My current strategy is:
Red - Fire off CSB, then wrath until paralyzed. When paralysis wears off fire off fresh chain, then load up Aerith until another chain is needed.
Shelke - Battery duty. Wrath-wrath-entrust to Tifa. Share Magecite and RW duty with Red.
Aerith - Turn one haste, turn two USB. Alternate between Curada and USB as needed.
Galuf - Turn 1 RW, turn 2 GSB+, Charge-Charge-Press until AASB is ready. USB when haste wears off. AOSB when ready and rage is down.
Tifa - Turn 1 GSB+, turn 2 AASB, Spam Ironfist until AASB wears off, spam OSB after.

So, is this a matter of getting better Magecite? Galuf, Red, and Tifa all have earth+ weapons and armor, everyone has at least moderate lightning resist.

Is it that I'm being dumb with Galuf? I recently got his AASB, GSB+, and AOSB all in the same pull and he's the only AASB holder I have with both earth and access to heavy physical, but so far I'm not impressed with his AASB. Is Galuf monk or bust, or is he viable as heavy?

Should I swap someone on my team? I have Gladiolus already leveled and have his USB that en-earth and double charges Heavy. For non-heavy earths I also have
Bartz - AASB USB1/2/3 AOSB GSB LMR-Doublecast
Noctus - AASB GSP (also a non-elemental USB and BSB)

Or is it just a matter of I got the right idea, but just need to pray harder to RNJesus?

You have trouble breaking his rage? If not try the other heavy ability 6*, if you have trouble maybe Galuf SSB crit rate will help, the other 6* abilty will not only yield more dps , but will do imperil at full charge

Or use Bartz AASB and USB2 for breaking rage or his USB1 for more chain building

Noctis have high quick cast and 100% crit rate, so again Bartz and Noctis will do more DPS
The Witcher 3 , Bloodborne, Devil May Cry 5, The Outer Worlds and God of War are the best games of this gen

User Info: EchoNull

EchoNull
1 week ago#3
I found it worthwhile to give Chain Stoneja to Red for the extra chain building. He can keep entrusting from that only slightly slower than Wrath?

Could Shelke be replaced by a second healer? It's a lot of incoming damage. Maybe a 5* support healer like Larsa could work if you have anything for him? Then he can entrust a half bar to Tifa before going on healing duty. Slightly slower start, but safer?
Odd.
FFRK: D6vf Garnet Chain ~ Orbs: https://goo.gl/9ERBYu ~ SBs: http://goo.gl/SO1Iyc ~ Spreadsheets: https://goo.gl/SYKysf

Zyrook
1 week ago#4
@FreeMan5407
I don't think I'm having trouble breaking the rage. Just want to knock it off as fast as possible to keep Tifa dealing damage (Awakened, double-en-earth, chain active deals something like 10-11k per hit, while rage on cuts it to around 3-4k). Considering how fast Tifa builds meter I could just OSB when the rage starts, sacrificing a turn of her smacking. I don't have the 6* Heavy ability yet. Been spending my earth crystals on honing Ironfist, Blastspell, Healing Smite, and Demon's Cross.

Hmm, so sounds like swapping to Bartz is something I should try.

@EchoNull
Don't have Chain Stoneja yet. I do have Meltdown and Chain Stonaga, would those still work better than Wrath? Also do Quetza's attacks count as black magic? I'm using Red XIII since I have his AOSB and GSB+ (and he's one of my fav FF chars), but I also have Emperor's CSB. Since they're just going to be CSB spammers, is it worth it to slot out Red for Emperor? I lose the entrust but gain Emp's LM that has a chance to counter black magic with imperil earth.

And... poot, I got so used to just bringing Aerith and Shelk to all my missions I didn't even consider slotting her out (I also need to remember to slot Aerith out for Elarra on the magic teams). I have Larsa's AASB and BSB, I also have Penello's AASB, but nothing else for her and haven't picked up the 6* dance yet.

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
1 week ago#5
Things I would try:
  • Replace Shelke with Elarra USB1 (I assume you have her from Lens Shop at least?)
  • A healer in Slot 3 with a mind artifact staff/dagger can eat the paralyze and quickly shake it off
  • Elarra could spam Warrrior Hymn to raise ATK of the party since I don't see a Boostga (not 100% familiar with all of your relics though)
  • The combination of Elarra USB1 and Aerith USB2 should speed up your turns enough to compensate for loss of Entrust bot
  • I usually delay the chain in this fight to turn 2 or 3. Let your characters build up some SB points first, cast RW, etc.
  • *Maybe* toss in 3* Shell Dragon for another imperil. I did this instead of Earth Guardian.
  • You could even run Bartz instead of Shelke and replace Aerith with Elarra (I feel Elarra USB1 is superior to Aerith USB2). Depends on hones though.

User Info: FreeMan5407

FreeMan5407
1 week ago#6
shadestreet posted...
Things I would try:
* Replace Shelke with Elarra USB1 (I assume you have her from Lens Shop at least?)
* A healer in Slot 3 with a mind artifact staff/dagger can eat the paralyze and quickly shake it off
* Elarra could spam Warrrior Hymn to raise ATK of the party since I don't see a Boostga (not 100% familiar with all of your relics though)
* The combination of Elarra USB1 and Aerith USB2 should speed up your turns enough to compensate for loss of Entrust bot
* I usually delay the chain in this fight to turn 2 or 3. Let your characters build up some SB points first, cast RW, etc.
* *Maybe* toss in 3* Shell Dragon for another imperil. I did this instead of Earth Guardian.
* You could even run Bartz instead of Shelke and replace Aerith with Elarra (I feel Elarra USB1 is superior to Aerith USB2). Depends on hones though.

Elarra can also use Ode to Victory to improve DPS further
The Witcher 3 , Bloodborne, Devil May Cry 5, The Outer Worlds and God of War are the best games of this gen

Zyrook
1 week ago#7
@shadestreet
Really? Elarra USB1 is better than Aerith USB2?... And I just checked, Elarra's reduction is for all actions. For some reason I thought it was only for magic. I was about to say I'll miss the Last Stand, but I pulled Elarra's BSB from the daily draw of all things. So if I'm running just Elarra should the order of operations be haste, USB, BSB? Or should it be USB then haste?
Only Boosaga I have on the team now is Galuf (moderate Physical & Magical boost, hastaga, en-earth). Been leaning heavily on the chain and the en-earth+s for my damage output.

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
1 week ago#8
@Zyrook You will hopefully want to avoid needing Last Stand (and avoid a wasted turn on BSB), but that depends on your Magicite Deck and buffs. I would try some runs seeing if you can get by with spamming her USB1 alone as the high medica + Regenega should keep you up and running.

If you don't already have it, I would strongly suggest taking her LMR from lens shop as it has 25% for decent medica to party after bard moves (and you will want to spam Warrior Hymn after Hastega).

Turn order should be Hastega > Warrior Hymn > USB1 > Spam Warrior Hymn > USB1. Galuf can carry white 5 so throw Shellga (protectga not needed) to him, though that changes up his reliance on Heavy Abilities.

User Info: ShinUltima

ShinUltima
1 week ago#9
Drop Shelke for Bartz w/AASB. Swap Aerith for Elarra with Ode to Victory/Curada. Use USB1 on Galuf for boostga/hastega and frankly ignore his other stuff. Just concentrate on using heavy abilities to keep Savage at bay. Bartz/Tifa should be enough DPS to win.

You can run Red XIII with Acestriker and Wrath/Meltdown - let him wrath up gauge and drop it around 10-12 seconds in, around the time that Tifa and Bartz are ready to go online with their AASBs. After that Red switches to Meltdown spam for chainbuilding. Alternately, you can run Meltdown/Entrust and build gauge with Meltdown, drop chain, more Meltdown spam, then Entrust to whoever needs it.

Refresh chain if necessary, though you should.be looking to win in one chain.
ShinUltima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
PSN: ShinUltima
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: EchoNull

EchoNull
1 week ago#10
ShinUltima posted...
Alternately, you can run Meltdown/Entrust and build gauge with Meltdown, drop chain, more Meltdown spam, then Entrust to whoever needs it.
That was pretty much my suggestion.
Generally, 6* abilities generate more SB gauge than 5*. When they hit a weakness, that bonus makes them closer to the SB from Wrath. Not quite as high, but worth it if you want the chain count higher for The Real DPSers.
Odd.
FFRK: D6vf Garnet Chain ~ Orbs: https://goo.gl/9ERBYu ~ SBs: http://goo.gl/SO1Iyc ~ Spreadsheets: https://goo.gl/SYKysf
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers