• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFRK Bar 19 - He Took the Midgar Train going Anywhere....

User Info: Rman0099

Rman0099
1 week ago#71
Shale0 posted...

Born and raised, though living in DC now.

Nice! Are you our resident politician? Lol

I always like Philly for the options it presented for stuff to do while I lived in the city. Never much liked the parking situation after I got home from work. I like my rural suburbs now with occasional pop-in visits.
Space for rent........
FFRK- Character SB List: https://goo.gl/C3Nktf

User Info: DrChia

DrChia
1 week ago#72
Yeah I was South Philly...born and raised ;)

South Jerseyite now
FC: 5472-6255-9417

User Info: corrente

corrente
1 week ago#73
DrChia posted...

South Jerseyite now
South Philadelphia born and raised. On the playground is where I spent most of my days.
FFRK: Divine Veil Grimoire
563MND - jznH

User Info: sarothias

sarothias
1 week ago#74
@DrChia

South Jerseyite now
You uh, one of dem?
https://youtu.be/9kayc5ifY3M
FFRK - Rem's AASB Code: 9DXU

User Info: DrChia

DrChia
1 week ago#75
I am the progenitor
FC: 5472-6255-9417

User Info: zibba1331

zibba1331
1 week ago#76
Rman0099 posted...
They also lost their first and second round draft picks for the next 2 years. I know the baseball draft is like 30 rounds long and #1/2 picks barely ever work out......but it's still a thing.

It is kind of a joke that it took this long to figure out and make a ruling.

Granted these guys are printing money, but $5M is the max fine and its never been levied so thats something. 4 total picks in 1st two rounds for a team like the astros is big, theyve made their bones via drafting and developing (and then flipped some prospects for big pieces like greinke).

I dunno if in a vacuum the suspensions were a big deterrent but crane took it up a level with the firings...cora will lose his job but i bet MLB hits him with a stiffer punishment, and maybe the red sox as a team with a bit less.

It did take a while (3 months?) but beyond the investigation im sure they picked a time after WS/winter mtgs and before spring training to announce on purpose.

I did chuckle at manfred going put of his way to ensure crane wasnt implicated...dont cross the boss
E's zicd rana cu E fuh'd kad vehat.

User Info: corrente

corrente
1 week ago#77
Suspensions are a big deterrent for a manager in my opinion. In the NFL you can be at the facility for like 6 days a week and then you’re only banned for game day. But MLB has 162 games. Managers are crucial in game-time decisions, especially pitcher rotation. So being suspended as a manager is huge.

As a GM, idk. Probably not as big of a deal bc they can work from home or whatever. Still a big blow to ego though I’m sure.

But like was said, the firings sent the bigger message — maybe that’s what MLB wanted to happen in the end but didn’t have the authority?
FFRK: Divine Veil Grimoire
563MND - jznH

User Info: zibba1331

zibba1331
1 week ago#78
Hard to know if MLB wanted them fired but crane raising the bar is definitely not a bad thing for the league. Cora is aaaaalllllll done
E's zicd rana cu E fuh'd kad vehat.

User Info: Rman0099

Rman0099
1 week ago#79
Is anyone actually surprised that the FFVII remake just got delayed by another month?
Space for rent........
FFRK- Character SB List: https://goo.gl/C3Nktf
Rman0099 posted...
Is anyone actually surprised that the FFVII remake just got delayed by another month?

You know who really won’t like that news? GameStop. They are already shutting down stores & waiting another month to get cash from FF7 cannot be good for them.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFRK Bar 19 - He Took the Midgar Train going Anywhere....
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers