• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFRK Bar 19 - He Took the Midgar Train going Anywhere....

User Info: Rman0099

Rman0099
2 weeks ago#1
Just a small-town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the Midgar train goin' anywhere
Just a psycho boy
Born and raised in South Nibtroit
He took the Midgar train goin' anywhere

A singer in a smoky room
The smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile, they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on

Shinra waitin'
Up and down the sector slums
They're Soldier searchin' in the night
Mako people
Livin' just to find a potion
Hidin' somewhere in the night

......but I digress. I WANTED to somehow use Piano Man in the title and reference Butz but those lyrics aren't easy to squeeze your Butz into.....So you get the most bar song that plays at LEAST 50 friggin times over the course of the few hours you are there making you want to drink heavier and heavier to escape the increasingly loud chorus of wanna-be karaoke nightmares that come out of the woodwork.

As you were people...

@jondias touche!
Space for rent........
FFRK- Character SB List: https://goo.gl/C3Nktf
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: ShadowSeph

ShadowSeph
2 weeks ago#2
Never seen a thread with 501 posts before
PSN: ThaHammett

User Info: Cuticrusader09

Cuticrusader09
1 week ago#3
My indoor antenna arrived today. I can get all the major networks but ABC comes in bad. I may get a longer coaxial cord & see if other locations work better.

User Info: zibba1331

zibba1331
1 week ago#4
@Rman0099 well done. my dad grew up with the drummer from journey, so they're a lifetime staple in my family. love it

@DrChia that is good...but, uh, what the heck is Rman doing then?!

@Cuticrusader09 posted...
My indoor antenna arrived today. I can get all the major networks but ABC comes in bad. I may get a longer coaxial cord & see if other locations work better.

ugh good luck with that...i admit i've totally forgotten what it's like to mess with an antenna, not confident that i could go back. plus i live in the middle of nowhere so i'm sure i would get no reception.
E's zicd rana cu E fuh'd kad vehat.
(edited 1 week ago)

Cuticrusader09
1 week ago#5
zibba1331 posted...

ugh good luck with that...i admit i've totally forgotten what it's like to mess with an antenna, not confident that i could go back. plus i live in the middle of nowhere so i'm sure i would get no reception.

Someone the next town over told me he couldn’t get ABC at all so just getting it is good. But I’m pretty sure their shows are on Hulu so worse thing I have to wait next day to watch them.

If I really cared about getting the best reception I would’ve opted for an outdoor antenna but since I get most things for a one time price of $17.50, I’m good.

Cutting the cord is like an adventure. Last night I wanted to watch the season premiere of Schitt$ Creek so I used the VPN to appear to be in Canada and watched it on CBC’s site for free.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: jondias

jondias
1 week ago#6
ShadowSeph posted...
Never seen a thread with 501 posts before

There's a topic on a private/community board that now has 2,209 posts in it.
Tough.... Don't blame us. Blame yourself or God.

zibba1331
1 week ago#7
@Cuticrusader09 heh, nice...hacking your way to TV freedom! i've been considering cutting the cord myself but i'm not confident that i'd save enough money to warrant it given the number of services i'd then have to tack onto my monthly costs. do you feel like you came out ahead enough to reduce ease of use?

Cuticrusader09
1 week ago#8
@zibba1331 posted...
@Cuticrusader09 heh, nice...hacking your way to TV freedom! i've been considering cutting the cord myself but i'm not confident that i'd save enough money to warrant it given the number of services i'd then have to tack onto my monthly costs. do you feel like you came out ahead enough to reduce ease of use?

We were already paying for Netflix, Prime, Hulu & Disney+ before I cut the cord. Since Disney+ premiered I noticed the kids were not touching the cable box. Add the switch on top of that and there just wasn’t a need for them.

There’s a few network shows I watch but I can catch them on Hulu. My husband has such a long queue on the streaming stuff he’ll never get through it. So cable was something we were paying for a handful of shows. Not worth it. There’s some service that’s coming out that will track your shows over different services so pretty soon it will be a non issue.

So I was already paying 30ish for my streaming stuff (I got the Hulu $2 plan on Black Friday & got the preorder Disney+ price for 3 years which came to about $4 a month). With the price increase to cable that was coming (and all the crazy fees & taxes) I would’ve been paying $90 for a few shows. I can give up a few shows for that.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: corrente

corrente
1 week ago#9
@jondias
Rofl for that steal in the last thread.
FFRK: Divine Veil Grimoire
563MND - jznH

zibba1331
1 week ago#10
Cuticrusader09 posted...
We were already paying for Netflix, Prime, Hulu & Disney+ before I cut the cord. Since Disney+ premiered I noticed the kids were not touching the cable box. Add the switch on top of that and there just wasn’t a need for them.

There’s a few network shows I watch but I can catch them on Hulu. My husband has such a long queue on the streaming stuff he’ll never get through it. So cable was something we were paying for a handful of shows. Not worth it. There’s some service that’s coming out that will track your shows over different services so pretty soon it will be a non issue.

So I was already paying 30ish for my streaming stuff (I got the Hulu $2 plan on Black Friday & got the preorder Disney+ price for 3 years which came to about $4 a month). With the price increase to cable that was coming (and all the crazy fees & taxes) I would’ve been paying $90 for a few shows. I can give up a few shows for that.

Wow thats not bad. Thanks for the feedback...gotta talk with my wife more, evaluate what we are already paying for beyond cable (not much TBH), and figure out a plan. Right now the kids are heavy on demand users but if i swapped in D+ or whatever im sure that would change
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFRK Bar 19 - He Took the Midgar Train going Anywhere....
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers