• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Leviathan Discussion Topic

User Info: Garetjax333

Garetjax333
1 month ago#291
SnowxNeverLeft posted...
I have done this with the exact same setup, except for Reno (USB1+USB2) instead of Lightning and I had Kain's USB2 instead of LMR (which is much more valuable since his AASB doesn't dualcast), minus Elarra's G+. Take a look at my post above, I think you have a shot at it.
Get Lightning's USB1 from the Record Lab, by the way.
Thanks! I’ll try tonight. Wish I had Kain’s bUSB though. Maybe I can still make something happen.
The good ol' days never existed. It's the coverage of negative news that increased significantly. www.goodnewsnetwork.org
FFRK ID# GfRd Tyro DVG

User Info: SnowxNeverLeft

SnowxNeverLeft
1 month ago#292
Kain's bUSB isn't that important in my opinion, I just used it as filler. I really wish I had his much more important DC LMR instead. Don't underestimate his OSB, which more or less accomplishes what his bUSB does. Good luck!

User Info: Cuticrusader09

Cuticrusader09
1 month ago#293
Finally got my 1st win in.

Magic team

Ashe aasb, usb1, glint, aosb, lm1&2
Ellara usb1
Tyro usb3
Garnet bsb, chain, lm2 & bard lmr
Shantotto Aorangi, usb1, aasb, lm2, witch lmr

Shanotto’s witch lmr triggered high on the chain which was a big factor in finally getting the win.
FFRK RW - zkUj (DVG)

User Info: ps271fearless

ps271fearless
1 month ago#294
So I have Lightning Sync, but can barely get to phase 3.

Do I need to build more gauge before launching? The first couple attacks aren’t breaking cap under chain.

Team is:

Kain with brave USB AOSB
Tyro with USB3 and 4
Garnet CSB ImperilBSB EnLtng USB
Elarra AASB USB1 USB2
Lightning Sync AASB USB1 AOSB

Magicite is Ramuh

I don’t have much else in the way of physical Lightning tech. I have Reno’s chain but not sure if he’s better than Garnet?

Any good thoughts or strats to start with? What abilities to use, etc.?

Edit: Added Ramuh
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: FreeMan5407

FreeMan5407
1 month ago#295
ps271fearless posted...
So I have Lightning Sync, but can barely get to phase 3.

Do I need to build more gauge before launching? The first couple attacks aren’t breaking cap under chain.

Team is:

Kain with brave USB AOSB
Tyro with USB3 and 4
Garnet CSB ImperilBSB EnLtng USB
Elarra AASB USB1 USB2
Lightning Sync AASB USB1 AOSB

Magicite is Ramuh

I don’t have much else in the way of physical Lightning tech. I have Reno’s chain but not sure if he’s better than Garnet?

Any good thoughts or strats to start with? What abilities to use, etc.?

Edit: Added Ramuh

Lighting SASB and AASB should be enough to solo Leviathan , let alone her AOSB and USB, plus Kain BUSB and AOSB

A few things

1) decent magicite deck?
2) imperil stack? Are you using Quetz or better yet Ramuh? Plus Garnet bsb
3) are you using Tyro and Elarra critical combo right before Sync?
4l are you waiting after the first difuse @ 10 sec timer?
5) either Elarra or Garnet using warrior hymn and dispel?
Lighting Sync - 89Ef
(edited 1 month ago)

ps271fearless
1 month ago#296
FreeMan5407 posted...
Lighting SASB and AASB should be enough to solo Leviathan , let alone her AOSB and USB, plus Kain BUSB and AOSB

A few things

1) decent magicite deck?
2) imperil stack? Are you using Quetz or better yet Ramuh? Plus Garnet bsb
3) are you using Tyro and Elarra critical combo right before Sync?
4l are you waiting after the first difuse @ 10 sec timer?
5) either Elarra or Garnet using warrior hymn and dispel?

I think it’s mostly a timing issue. I have Ramuh so he starts the stacking. I’m not sure the best time to drop the first one though. Also, should I use Fabula Mage to break a savage or two? Or another RW?

User Info: FreeMan5407

FreeMan5407
1 month ago#297
ps271fearless posted...
I think it’s mostly a timing issue. I have Ramuh so he starts the stacking. I’m not sure the best time to drop the first one though. Also, should I use Fabula Mage to break a savage or two? Or another RW?
After the 10 sec you shoud be able to start everything up, chain , SBs , don't waste time there

With Tyro USB3 there is no need for another RW that isn't Fabula Mage, you can get Tyro or Garnet use Fabula Mage or at the end to break rage 3 if entrusting isn't a requirement at the moment

Also Kain can jump the lower doom count near at the start (it does require some timing), just go crazy with her Sync and then use AASB when Sync runs out , recast chain if need it

Alternative you can remove Kain and add Ignis and run both SASB+AASB and maybe USB1 together if you can squeeze them, this way Ignis focus everything on Lighting even providing her instant cast here and then, lighting should and will be able to destroy Leviathan with just 1 chain cast this way
Lighting Sync - 89Ef

User Info: Cuticrusader09

Cuticrusader09
1 month ago#298
Phew. Got my 4.

Are there any physical wins with Kain’s aasb?

I have Prompto chain, usb & aasb and Lightning usb1&2, dual cast lmr for support.
FFRK RW - zkUj (DVG)

ps271fearless
1 month ago#299
Finally dropped him! Just over 40 seconds. Got some lucky Dualcasts, but could probably pretty easily replicate.

User Info: Hero-of-Midgar

Hero-of-Midgar
4 weeks ago#300
2 clears so far

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/2/0/6/AAeI3yAAAO8W.jpg

My team is very good, but had to lens purchase Kain USB to refresh En-Lgt, I'd like that Empowered Glint very much. He's a beast though. 150k from his Instacast AOSB after Chain had expired to net me the 2nd clear.

In my 2nd clear I moved Kain to Slot 1 and jumped over Curse of the Deep, much easier.

Hopefully the other clears are straightforward enough. Just drowned in Phase 3 in quite a few runs.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Leviathan Discussion Topic
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A