• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Maintenance (9/4) recap

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
1 month ago#81
LuBu1975 posted...
FinnH posted...
BDSMKane posted...
FinnH posted...
BDSMKane posted...
FinnH posted...
Jesus f***ing christ what is even going on in this, this was one weird ass maintenance

It is a bit of an awkward topic. However, better understanding can happen through sincere communication, so we have all been presented with an opportunity to see things from another person's perspective, and may continue to if any other's have more to add.

Not gonna disagree but you are having a conversation with someone who thinks calling transgender people shemales is acceptable so you might wanna start there with promoting better understanding

As they just said, they also live in a country and are of a religion that imprisons or kills transgender people. Understanding is a two way street, even if we feel we have a moral superiority.

You can't open your arms to other cultures and people around the world without being willing to understand where they are coming from. And the reality is, the pronoun people call you is pretty low on the list of rights issues for LGBTQ people in around half of the world, Convincing them to stop jailing, beating, or killing would be a much better place to start in my mind.

Plus I'm getting ready to go to bed, so someone else can comment (yours is a good start).

Very much agree with most of what you said, however religious zealotry isn't a defence for ignorance or bigotry.

And whilst I understand that peoples culture is a starting point for forming their offensive beliefs I have no interest in opening my arms to them as you say if they aren't willing to see the wickedness of their own ideology

But always good to have a conversation about such matters, sleep well

So the religious are 'zealots', 'ignorant', 'bigots' for not being accepting of your beliefs? Do you not see the hypocrisy of that statement? 'Offensive beliefs', 'wickedness', why do you expect acceptance when you think that way of them?

The world has many cultures and beliefs. If you expect acceptance of yours, you should try being open to theirs. I don't persecute Gs but neither would I the religious who are genuinely following their beliefs and aren't doing it out of hate.

It's not hypocrisy at all, Being black isn't a belief, being gay isn't a belief, being transgender isn't a belief, people can't control those aspect of themselves. Religion is a belief, people choose to be religious. People choose to pick up a book that clearly says to treat anyone who is different like s*** and then choose to believe that.
PSN: Finn_H93
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: ZeroQ8

ZeroQ8
1 month ago#84
Yea i like their songs movies their ways everythin and we have all types of people here and they are happy but the heat here is OMG lol

No didnt see it

Hell we even had our cars be like them u knoe big rims, bass, clothing lol

As for i went with neon lol

User Info: squall4s

squall4s
1 month ago#85
@ZeroQ8 ... "And also whoever changes gender like remove D and put P is very very wrong and angers god because god didnt create them like that" .. well this is a really complicated issues in our country but some are allowed to go through (gender reassignment surgery) based on their percentage of hormones.. maybe your fox news didnt mention this and it has nothing to do with religion..and since when this Board became religion or gender topic related board?

User Info: jondias

jondias
1 month ago#86
@squall4s

... uh... you realize ZeroQ8 is from... you guessed it! Kuwait!

I would be shocked if he were a Fox News watcher.
Tough.... Don't blame us. Blame yourself or God.

User Info: squall4s

squall4s
1 month ago#87
what? ZeroQ8 from Kuwait? wth! I feel like silly.. I should have concentrated more then..

User Info: LuBu1975

LuBu1975
1 month ago#88
FinnH posted...
LuBu1975 posted...
FinnH posted...
BDSMKane posted...
FinnH posted...
BDSMKane posted...
FinnH posted...
Jesus f***ing christ what is even going on in this, this was one weird ass maintenance

It is a bit of an awkward topic. However, better understanding can happen through sincere communication, so we have all been presented with an opportunity to see things from another person's perspective, and may continue to if any other's have more to add.

Not gonna disagree but you are having a conversation with someone who thinks calling transgender people shemales is acceptable so you might wanna start there with promoting better understanding

As they just said, they also live in a country and are of a religion that imprisons or kills transgender people. Understanding is a two way street, even if we feel we have a moral superiority.

You can't open your arms to other cultures and people around the world without being willing to understand where they are coming from. And the reality is, the pronoun people call you is pretty low on the list of rights issues for LGBTQ people in around half of the world, Convincing them to stop jailing, beating, or killing would be a much better place to start in my mind.

Plus I'm getting ready to go to bed, so someone else can comment (yours is a good start).

Very much agree with most of what you said, however religious zealotry isn't a defence for ignorance or bigotry.

And whilst I understand that peoples culture is a starting point for forming their offensive beliefs I have no interest in opening my arms to them as you say if they aren't willing to see the wickedness of their own ideology

But always good to have a conversation about such matters, sleep well

So the religious are 'zealots', 'ignorant', 'bigots' for not being accepting of your beliefs? Do you not see the hypocrisy of that statement? 'Offensive beliefs', 'wickedness', why do you expect acceptance when you think that way of them?

The world has many cultures and beliefs. If you expect acceptance of yours, you should try being open to theirs. I don't persecute Gs but neither would I the religious who are genuinely following their beliefs and aren't doing it out of hate.

It's not hypocrisy at all, Being black isn't a belief, being gay isn't a belief, being transgender isn't a belief, people can't control those aspect of themselves. Religion is a belief, people choose to be religious. People choose to pick up a book that clearly says to treat anyone who is different like s*** and then choose to believe that.

Just so you know this is a newly accepted western point of view. In the Islamic world (and other religions) it isn't believed that you're born that way. It hasn't been scientifically proven either. It's just accepted as the truth.

Also i don't know why you put blacks in there, they're obviously and evidently black and should never be persecuted for that. That's really just a western issue though.

User Info: ZeroQ8

ZeroQ8
1 month ago#89
Well dah our holy quran itself says that they go to hell and whoever gender swap

I didnt save the whole book in my mind so cant really mention where it said and u will need an english one

And also our messenger said it, i remember but there are so many says so must search alot

I can have it in arabic by searching google as what happens to those kind of people?

I also found out by my friend that they thought black ppl are aliens xDD like wtfffff

I will have to research again bout gender swap if its okay or not in islam but am tellin u what i remember
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Maintenance (9/4) recap
  • Topic Archived