• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. So, as a returning player, should I draw on Realm Relic or Elemental banners?

User Info: abyss

abyss
1 month ago#21
SouloAscian posted...
uxu4n posted...
All of them. No reason not to draw on both. Since Synchros are out in japan as well and if you don't have a lot of time to play then refrain from drawing weekly event banners as these will get powercreeped by the time you caught up to the current endgame. At that time, synchro will be available for global as well, draw on these then. Before that, I'd say draw on the value banners and maybe fest banners and work your way through the wheels of magicite and torment rather than drawing on weekly event banners.

My way of doing things are just value banners, fest banners and maybe draw on banners with AASB and/or CSB covering elements I'm missing and save most for synchro to come. But for just returned player, the AASB/CSB part can wait till you draw on all the value banners first and then see which ones you really need and can immediately use. Don't draw on stuff you anticipate you can use, never works out that way.

Oh, I never ever ever draw on weekly banners, and thank you

I'd somewhat disagree with not pulling on weekly banners. Consider: 3 months ago we had AASBs debut, with most Fest banners having one. We're now getting weekly banners that have three of them. Fest's aren't a guarantee anymore, so if a weekly banner has stuff you need, and there's not going to be a better opportunity later, you should absolutely at least consider pulling. In particular, a lot of chains or support relics won't re-occur in Fests.

As for pulling, I'd consider NOT pulling on some of the weaker realms (mainly, those without a decent number of AASBs/Chains). A lot of relics are only good for Torment, and one random pull isn't likely to suddenly let you clear a tier 3 Torment. At the least I'd consider leaving them until later, when you've got a better idea of what you've got and what you need. I think there's another realm draw refresh, so waiting until then might be an option if you don't need that stuff *right now*.

User Info: SouloAscian

SouloAscian
1 month ago#22
@abyss

I’ve stopped trying to chase relics, so I mainly do just go for Mithril saving banners. It would seems the suggestions though are how to efficiently use my Mithril to play catch up. Of course, I don’t expect to be able to suddenly, but ya never know.

That being said...these are my Elemental banner pulls:

FF3:
Onion Knight - Sage Unleashed (USB)

FF5:
Faris - Pirate Princess (USB dupe)

FF9:
Kuja - Force Symphony (BSB)

FF11:
Shantatto - Frightening Lightning (CSB dupe)

FF13:
Serah - Etro Arrow (USB)

FF14:
Papalymo - Fate’s End (AOSB)

FF15:
Gladiolus - Dawnhammer (OSB dupe)

FFT0:
Rem - Siphon Delta (BSB)
Seven - Diving Strike (BSB)

And a few Legend Materia relics:

Cloud - Broken Illusions
Kefka - Conniving Clown
Fang - Cocky Comrade

Guess I won’t be catching up anytime soon
Regrets are just a way for the foolish and the guilty to pass the time. - Cho Hakkai

User Info: LuBu1975

LuBu1975
1 month ago#23
That's pretty unlucky getting all those 1/11s but there's still some good stuff there. OK USB3 and Faris are particular wants of mine, a CSB is always good if you need the element, Cloud LMR will be appreciated sooner or later.

I've only done 4 elements so far and got no new 6*s yet. My realm pulls weren't great either, but I'd still do them all again. You have to role the dice if you want to win.

User Info: ShinUltima

ShinUltima
1 month ago#24
@SouloAscian

Yeah, those are some rather poor pulls, both in quantity as well as quantity. You've barely moved the needle.

With regard to event banners, as noted, event banners going forward are basically equal to our last Fest in quality. Even the next Fest isn't going to be better. So by not pulling on event banners, you're potentially doing yourself a disservice in the short-to-medium term.

Granted, it's all RNG, as you no doubt know, but event banners will at lest give you a better chance at pulling an AASB or a gen 2 chain than trying for Hail Marys on the Realm/Elemental banners (that, BTW, is why they're of dubious value for many vets), and a single AASB or gen 2 chain will do more for you than a bunch of random USBs overall. The only reason I recommended pulling on the realm/elemental banners is because your relics are so old that the odds were in your favour of at least getting some decent modern new USBs, but thus far, that hasn't really panned out. Unfortunate.

I'd still probably pull on them all, depending on how much mythril you can scrounge up. Since you don't have much time to play anyway, you might as well use your mythril on the realms/element banners now, then skip everything until 5th anniversary, by which time we should start seeing multiple SASBs per banner. There will be a realm/elemental refresh in about 4 months with more AASBs in the pool too.
ShinUltima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
PSN: ShinUltima

SouloAscian
1 month ago#25
LuBu1975 posted...
That's pretty unlucky getting all those 1/11s but there's still some good stuff there. OK USB3 and Faris are particular wants of mine, a CSB is always good if you need the element, Cloud LMR will be appreciated sooner or later.

I've only done 4 elements so far and got no new 6*s yet. My realm pulls weren't great either, but I'd still do them all again. You have to role the dice if you want to win.

Only real good one of note to me is OK’s USB, since Shantatto’s CSB is a dupe (and I only have 2 CSBs), and Faris’s is a dupe too.

ShinUltima posted...
@SouloAscian

Yeah, those are some rather poor pulls, both in quantity as well as quantity. You've barely moved the needle.

With regard to event banners, as noted, event banners going forward are basically equal to our last Fest in quality. Even the next Fest isn't going to be better. So by not pulling on event banners, you're potentially doing yourself a disservice in the short-to-medium term.

Granted, it's all RNG, as you no doubt know, but event banners will at lest give you a better chance at pulling an AASB or a gen 2 chain than trying for Hail Marys on the Realm/Elemental banners (that, BTW, is why they're of dubious value for many vets), and a single AASB or gen 2 chain will do more for you than a bunch of random USBs overall. The only reason I recommended pulling on the realm/elemental banners is because your relics are so old that the odds were in your favour of at least getting some decent modern new USBs, but thus far, that hasn't really panned out. Unfortunate.

I'd still probably pull on them all, depending on how much mythril you can scrounge up. Since you don't have much time to play anyway, you might as well use your mythril on the realms/element banners now, then skip everything until 5th anniversary, by which time we should start seeing multiple SASBs per banner. There will be a realm/elemental refresh in about 4 months with more AASBs in the pool too.

I normally don’t pull on event banner because, yeah, I don’t play much as is. I was hoping to do Crystal Tower only so I can get some 5* Motes and Legend five more characters, but looks like that out the window, until I can clear some Magicites at least. I’m currently sitting at 34 Mithril so I’ll do some more dungeons when I have time so I can do Realm Relics.

Probably why my relics are so old, even if I hadn’t played for a year; this game knows I don’t spend money on it and gives me poor pulls (I know that’s not actually true, but it’ll make me feel better to believe that). I mean, c’mon, I only have 2 CSBs and the 1 CSB I pull is a dupe, hahah. I’m sure everyone had been there though. Oh well, guess I should focus on clearing Magicites
Regrets are just a way for the foolish and the guilty to pass the time. - Cho Hakkai

User Info: FreeMan5407

FreeMan5407
1 month ago#26
You should , event banners and fest banners is where the power is at, with good chances to get it

If it serve of anything , i'm f2p who started the game this year and already beat a couple of magicite 5*
The Witcher 3 , Bloodborne, Devil May Cry 5 and God of War are the best games of this gen

User Info: herocomplex00

herocomplex00
1 month ago#27
Just checking---were those pulls you listed above from elemental banners, or realm banners?

ShinUltima
1 month ago#28
@SouloAscian

The good news is that you have enough firepower to beat all Crystal Towers. You probably just need help putting together teams.

The bad news is that there won't be many more Crystal Towers. I think maybe four more? And then they will be no more.

However, if it's 5* motes you're mostly concerned with, at some point prior to the CTs going away, mote dungeons will be refreshed to have a 5* version, so they will be farmable. This is why the CTs are going away, since they will no longer serve their primary purpose (I'll kinda miss them though; I wish we had gotten that datamined 8-realm tower version).

SouloAscian
1 month ago#29
FreeMan5407 posted...
You should , event banners and fest banners is where the power is at, with good chances to get it

If it serve of anything , i'm f2p who started the game this year and already beat a couple of magicite 5*

Yeah, I’m sure it’s doable. Just part of the “most bang for my buck” (so to speak - since I’m only spending in-game money) method. I wasted some Mithril on event banners in the past when the game was newer before I realized I should save them for fest banners.

herocomplex00 posted...
Just checking---were those pulls you listed above from elemental banners, or realm banners?

Elemental. I just categorized them that way because that’s how I have them organized on my phone notes.

ShinUltima posted...
@SouloAscian

The good news is that you have enough firepower to beat all Crystal Towers. You probably just need help putting together teams.

The bad news is that there won't be many more Crystal Towers. I think maybe four more? And then they will be no more.

However, if it's 5* motes you're mostly concerned with, at some point prior to the CTs going away, mote dungeons will be refreshed to have a 5* version, so they will be farmable. This is why the CTs are going away, since they will no longer serve their primary purpose (I'll kinda miss them though; I wish we had gotten that datamined 8-realm tower version).

Yeah, I know about 5* Motes being farmable...but I have seen that they’ll be 260 difficulty, which I’m currently unable to clear (for most of them anyways), which was why I was aiming to clear these CTs before they went away, with a chance to Legend Dive some more characters before I can farm them for more.

And yeah.....I was told I should be able to clear the last CT too with what I had...sadly I was barely able to get one Big Horn out of 4 to only 1/5 if it’s health before I got wiped (with the other 3 about 1/2 health). After multiple tries too. Seems no Magicites makes a decent difference - had my party with Brave synergy at Level 99 and 3* and 4* dived even.

ShinUltima
1 month ago#30
Most of the CT fights are D220 level, which predate magicites. Not having magicites should not be a barrier to clearing them. Even the D260 should be clearable a sufficiently strong A-team.

Brave synergy is nice, but if you don't have good characters for a given realm, an A-team will more than suffice. Frankly, there isn't any D220 that you shouldn't be able to beat with a team of Alphinaud, Raines, OK (all using BSSBs), Elarra USB1, and a flex spot.

What you might not be able to do is the CM where you 20 different characters. That might be out of your reach, though it might depend on the realms present. But there's no reason you shouldn't be able to beat all the fights with an A-team, retreating after each fight.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. So, as a returning player, should I draw on Realm Relic or Elemental banners?
  • Topic Archived