• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. What to do with all the extra job mote abilities?

User Info: Relm_Arrowny_87

Relm_Arrowny_87
4 weeks ago#1
I've been holding onto a bunch of extra job motes, since I don't like the idea of making limited abilities just to destroy them. Or worse, just to leave them in inventory. But I looked at my motes, and realized that I'm sitting on dozens of +3% boosts by now.

I really should just make and shatter them, but I hesitate simply because it's irreversible. What do you think?

List of job mote abilities:
Snowspell Strike
Sky High
Lifebane
Mug Bloodlust
Aegis Strike
Demonsblood
Stitch in Time
Penalty Snipe
Allegro con Moto
What a fuddy duddy.

User Info: xanketsu

xanketsu
4 weeks ago#2
I gave +3% to Celes & Squall because they have their AASB.
The former Overture Guy & Axis Blade Guy.
-> 675 + 1200 mithrils went kaput. Also, I'm learning English.

User Info: sarothias

sarothias
4 weeks ago#3
If I have a characters AASB and the school corresponds then instant rank 3 it lol.

Otherwise just maxed it for favorite characters.

Edit: awhile back I did make and shatter a few extras of ACM + Penalty Snipe iirc
FFRK - Rem's AASB Code: 9DXU

User Info: KnightLordST

KnightLordST
4 weeks ago#4
Fest events will keep handing out job motes, you'll have more than you know what to do with.

I just give +3% to all my AASB users.

You can have up to 5 snowspell strikes, but i dont see a point as you need a healer, support and ability-variation since its just a 4-hit ability.

User Info: ChocoboMog123

ChocoboMog123
4 weeks ago#5
Guys, he's asking if he should shatter his 6* job mote abilties or not.

You shouldn't ever really need more than one AcM except in some bizarre boss situation (BxB super ultra Uematsu boss).
Others are just unrealistic to stack, like Mug Bloodlust, Aegis Strike, Demonblood, Stitch, or even Lifebane.
You could probably shatter all your Penalty Snipes from all characters and be fine for the rest of the game's lifetime >_>

What do you do with Snowspell and Sky High? I would keep 2-4, shatter the rest, and leave some unfilled spots on weaker characers like Tyro or Xexat.
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif

User Info: Rman0099

Rman0099
4 weeks ago#6
Just get all the 3%'s you want. Realistically, pretty much all but SiT and SSS have been outmoded by now. Anything shattered you AREN'T using anyway. Plus, the direction of the game doesn't seem like it will be going back to rework any of those to make them any better. Penalty snipe has never been good and they are just making more/new/better machinist anyway.
Space for rent........
FFRK- Character SB List: https://goo.gl/C3Nktf

User Info: xanketsu

xanketsu
4 weeks ago#7
ChocoboMog123 posted...
Guys, he's asking if he should shatter his 6* job mote abilties or not.

True. But it's also implied that she's aware of another option, which is to use them for +3% boost.
The former Overture Guy & Axis Blade Guy.
-> 675 + 1200 mithrils went kaput. Also, I'm learning English.

User Info: Garetjax333

Garetjax333
4 weeks ago#8
I guess you have to be realistic about how many of each Ability you will REALLY need. For instance, multiple SSS make sense, but how many could you really bring to a fight? ACM is nice, but I can’t ever see needing more than 1 copy. Take it on a case by case basis and destroy what you do not need.
The good ol' days never existed. It's the coverage of negative news that increased significantly. www.goodnewsnetwork.org
FFRK ID# GfRd Shadow Shuriken Storm

User Info: Sir_Elan

Sir_Elan
4 weeks ago#9
I think there should be a vault slot for abilities.

User Info: Goldice

Goldice
4 weeks ago#10
I think part of the fear is if they pull a very unforeseen move and buff these abilities. In which case you could've had multiple but now you can't.

I doubt it will happen since it's more likely for them to completely remove the job mote system then it is for them to expand upon it (since they have done a lot to not expand on it and even move away from it with the rubies system. See for example how you can have 5 SSSs, but only 1 of all the other 6* spellblades)

IMO, really wish they just get rid of it. The system is dumb and horribly inconsistent with the rest of the game. (You can get 5 6*s here, but 1 everywhere else. Beating nightmare unlocks 6* for every 5*er, but only natural 5*ers get job notes, so 5*ers via LD are out of luck, etc.). They've been designing around it for awhile too...(theres a bunch of lightning celerity because heaven forbid we just allow LD dives to count towards 6*ing and thus give lightning 6* spellblade)
New England Patriots: Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLIX, LI, LIII Champions
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. What to do with all the extra job mote abilities?
  • Topic Archived