• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFV Assassin from Beyond General Information + Elite Boss Tips

User Info: superchibideath

superchibideath
4 weeks ago#1
This is live as of Thursday, May 16th.

No new characters or abilities this week.

Buuut it does seem like we got a weird change that shifted all the Stamina costs around. Seems like it's advertising a net lower Stamina overall but it's just weird having the Apocalypse fights cost 20 Stamina instead of 1. Took me by surprise when I poked my head in to fight Abductor to make sure I got his moveset right. Same with Calofisteri.

Shorthand Summary
FR - Front Row
BR - Back Row
ST - Single Target
AoE - Area of Effect
xA - Targets x adjacent allies
Drain - Recovers a portion of the damage dealt as HP
Overflow - Capable of breaking damage cap
Piercing - Pierces defenses
Same - Hits the same target repeatedly
Auto - Guaranteed to hit
+xn - Used again x turns later
High% - Targets highest % HP
Low% - Targets lowest % HP
PBlink/MBlink - Physical/Magical Blink
Fixed - Deals a fixed amount of damage
Imperil [element] x - Applies x stacks of increased elemental damage taken from said element (max of 6 stacks)
Weak - Begins at ~70%
Very Weak - Begins at ~40%

Credits go to @SolitaireD and FFRK Global Wiki.

--Shield Dragon & Exdeath's Soul (Ultimate ++)--
Elements: (Shield Dragon) None, (Exdeath's Soul) Holy (Slightly Weak +20%)
Physical moves:
(Shield Dragon) Attack (PHY: ST), Knock Silly (PHY: ST, ??% chance to Confuse), Ultimate Jarring Blow (NAT: ST, ??% chance to Confuse)
(Exdeath's Soul) Attack (PHY: ST), Critical (NAT: ST)
Magical moves:
(Shield Dragon) Breath (NAT: AoE)
(Exdeath's Soul) Firaga/Blizzaga/Thundaga (BLK: ST fire/ice/lightning), Earth Shaker (NAT: AoE earth), Ultimate Earth Shaker (NAT: AoE piercing earth)
Other moves:
(Shield Dragon) Blaze (NAT: AoE ??% Max HP, ignores KO resists)
Breaks/Mitigation: Resists (50%), Mixed
Counters:
(Shield Dragon) Chance to counter PHY with Knock Silly (PHY: ST, ??% chance to Confuse)
Thoughts: Beware of Confuse procs from Shield Dragon's attacks. May also want to help stave off some of the elemental damage with multi-elemental resists like Gigas Armlets and some of the double element resist accessories. Otherwise a fairly simple looking fight considering neither one has resistances to any element. Though do be careful of Blaze as it deals damage based on your max HP.

--Abductor (Apocalypse +)--
Elements: None
Physical moves: Attack (PHY: ST), Critical (NAT: ST), Vampire (NAT: ST Drain), Ultimate Critical (NAT: 3A piercing)
Magical moves: Aeroga (NAT: AoE wind)
Other moves: Hurricane (NAT: ST ??% current HP, ignores KO resists), Ultimate Hurricane (NAT: AoE ??% current HP, ignores KO resists)
Breaks/Mitigation: Resists (50%), Mixed (mostly physical)
Thoughts: Another fairly simple looking fight, though be mindful of Abductor's gravity attacks. Wind resists can help as Wind is the only element, though Aeroga is the only source of Wind too so it may not help quite as much. Otherwise it hits hard but isn't terribly fast.
FFRK RW - Tyro's Divine Veil Grimoire (USB) 3QFP
Fate/Grand Order - 091,029,168 (Aamco); Fire Emblem Heroes - Y. Tiki 2700255684

superchibideath
4 weeks ago#2
--Calofisteri (Apocalypse ++)--
Elements: None
Magical moves: Bio (BLK: ST bio), Biora (BLK: ST bio), Ultimate Bio (NAT: 3A piercing bio), Ultimate Biora (NAT: AoE piercing bio)
Other moves: Reflect (NAT: Self auto Reflect), Old (NAT: ST ATK/MAG/DEF/RES/MIND debuff)
(If Calofisteri has Reflect) Stop (BLK: ST ??% chance to Stop), Poison (BLK: ST ??% chance to Poison)
(If there is a Hero with Reflect) Protect (NAT: ST auto Protect), Regen (NAT: ST auto Regen), Shell (NAT: ST auto Shell), Haste (NAT: ST auto Haste), Cura (NAT: ST heal)
Breaks/Mitigation: Resists (50%), Magical
Counters: Chance to counter PHY with Drain (BLK: ST dark Drain)
Notes: Calofisteri has 3 forms: Without Reflect, Calofisteri with Reflect, and (at least one) Hero with Reflect. These conditions will cause her moveset to vary.
Thoughts: Highly recommend Dark resists because of the Drain counter. Not sure if it's 100% but it sure feels like it.
Calofisteri is one of those annoying bosses that fights their way and you wind up having to fight around their mechanic. Be very careful bringing anything Reflectable into this fight as that's a major part of the battle, so worst case scenario you may want to leave your mages at home. Either way for those doing the CM that's not too bad as FFV is home to mostly melee characters anyway. Overall, the gimmick seems fairly straightforward: Calofisteri begins in its base form and flings spells at your party, eventually settling on casting a self Reflect. Then, their moveset changes to include Poison and Stop. Eventually when Calofisteri casts another self Reflect it bounces off and hits one of your party members. At that point Calofisteri shifts to a more defensive style, bouncing spells like Protect and Cura off your party back onto themselves. Seems like a simple way to counter this would be to bring Dispel to remove the Reflect on Calofisteri before it even becomes an issue. However, as a note, Calofisteri moves VERY fast and near the end of the fight you might not be able to keep up with the Dispels. Based on how my fight went I strongly also recommend at least a MAG debuff, possibly 2, as the Bio attacks come frequently and hit hard. Not to mention the Drain counters as I mentioned earlier. I had Magic Breakdown, Faris's Glint (ATK/MAG break) AND Dark resists on the entire party (not to mention Shell and Wall) and Drain was still hitting for over 1k apiece. I can only imagine what that would be doing without proper mitigation.

superchibideath
4 weeks ago#3
Mitigation and You
TheChap656's guide to mitigation (so we don't have to type the same skills out everytime) (with minor updates by superchibideath)

In my event guides, I'm using terms like "mitigation" and adding physical and magical in front of it. This mini-guide will be at the bottom of each of my posts from now on and will spell out the basics of mitigating damage. This should be both easier for newer people to see if they are already looking here for help on an event and it saves me the trouble of writing out the same skills every boss strategy. Now I can just spell out whether you need physical, magical, or mixed mitigation and you can either look here if you need help, or be on your way if you know what you're doing.

Physical Mitigation: Protect, Power Break/Breakdown, Weak/Exhausting Polka, Steal Power, Full Break/Multi Break, Enfeebling Jitterbug, SG/SS2/DV, Defense Raising SB's/abilites, Stat lowering SB's
Magical Mitigation: Shell, Magic Break/Breakdown, Heathen Frolic (Sarabande), Full Break/Multi Break, Enfeebling Jitterbug, SG/SS2/DV, Resistance Raising SB's, Stat lowering SB's

So what do these do?

Protect/Shell both raise Defense/Resistance by 100%. Because these are a status effect, they stack with everything else.

SG/SS2/DV (Sentinel Grimoire/Stoneskin II/Divine Veil) raise both Defense and Resistance by 200% for 25s. This is a separate ID from normal other defense or resistance raising SB's except for P. Cecil and Basch. They have a default SB called Rampart/Gallantry that raises Defense and Resistance by 20% for 20s. They have the same ID as SG/SS2/DV so will overwrite it. Don't use those if you use SG/SS2/DV.

All breaks lower a stat by 30%. Power/Magic/Armor/Mental Break all do it. Full Break reduces Attack/Magic/Defense/Resistance by 30% in a unique debuff that stacks with others. Breaks do not stack with Breakdowns. Whichever was applied last will overwrite the last one. You can also stack breaks and Full Break with special dual stat reducing SB's, but I'm not covering those here.

Breakdowns vary how much they reduce. Power/Armor Breakdown lowers Attack/Defense by 40%. Magic/Mental Breakdown lowers Magic/Resistance by 50%. They are better than breaks and should be used instead of them when you can.

Like Breaks and Breakdowns certain dances are also able to lower enemy stats. They target all enemies in exchange for not doing any damage. All 3* dances reduce their respective stat by 30% while the 4* versions reduce their stat the same amount as their Breakdown counterpart. Dancers have access to Multi Break which acts comparatively to Full Break. Dancers also have access to Crushing Tango and Enfeebling Jitterbug which reduce the targets' Defense/Resistance and Attack/Magic respectively by 50% for 10 seconds. Enfeebling Jitterbug especially is effective as an extra layer of mitigation when needed.

When a boss resists a break they typically reduce the effectiveness by 50%. So a break will only reduce their stats by 15% and so on. This is still worth using. Especially for magic.

A Break/Breakdown effect should be reapplied every 3 turns generally. They have a 15s duration, which equates into about 3 turns. A normal sequence for a support is Break, a different Break, Attack or something else, and then repeat.

For more information on what stacks with what and durations and such, check out http://happypluto.com/~misterp/r/ffrk.pdf for a lot of good info.

User Info: unknown081

unknown081
4 weeks ago#4
Apoc++ CM Mastered
Bartz - Tremor Assault R4 - LMR/2/Face the Past
Lenna - Dispel / Curada R4 - LMR/Mako Might -Tender Mercy / Moogle Boost
Faris - MBD R4 / FB R2 - Dr. Mog's Teaching - Pirate Princess
Dorgann - Earth Sabre R4 - LM1/2/Truthseeker
Galuf - Gaia Rush R5 / Lifesiphon R5 - Ace Striker - Immortal Soul
RW: Divine Veil Grimoire

Well that wasn't so bad. The damage was pretty tame when everything's up and running. That half its turn is dedicated to applying old/haste/etc. over and over again help.

Somehow what hurt the most from here is that it now cost 20 stamina. Guess I can't screw around when trying to CM anymore.
3DS FC: 0087-2527-3441

User Info: Relm_Arrowny_87

Relm_Arrowny_87
4 weeks ago#5
I CM'd Calofisteri last night, with my Torment team. An extremely annoying boss, but not too bad.

@unknown081 posted...
Somehow what hurt the most from here is that it now cost 20 stamina. Guess I can't screw around when trying to CM anymore.

They made another really nice change though: If you lose or retreat from an event stage, your stamina is refunded. So the spread out costs are perfectly fine. Screw around all you want, lol. :)
What a fuddy duddy.

User Info: unknown081

unknown081
4 weeks ago#6
Relm_Arrowny_87 posted...
@unknown081 posted...

They made another really nice change though: If you lose or retreat from an event stage, your stamina is refunded. So the spread out costs are perfectly fine. Screw around all you want, lol. :)

Oh, I miss that. I got used to just pressing yes immediately and didn’t read that despite the announcement. Welp all good then
3DS FC: 0087-2527-3441

User Info: CreekCo

CreekCo
2 weeks ago#7
Last boss fight reminds me why I took a break from playing the game :(
*Triggered*

User Info: CreekCo

CreekCo
2 weeks ago#8
I finally finshed that fight. Got the mastery. 100% not worth it, would not do again :(
*Triggered*

User Info: ShinUltima

ShinUltima
2 weeks ago#9
Weird. I know I did this fight on release, but apparently didn't post anything? Not like me.

Anyway, stomped these out with D??? Team (Dorgan/Lenna/Kelgar/Galuf/Bartz) and called it a day.
ShinUltima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
PSN: ShinUltima
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFV Assassin from Beyond General Information + Elite Boss Tips
  • Topic Archived