• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Bio Dark Odin (Bio Weak) Discussion Topic
Netherscythe posted...
@ffrkowaway but... every time I get to him I swear it's like my dps drops off significantly, what?!
He triple his def res on p3, check out his stat on first page
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.

User Info: ffrkowaway

ffrkowaway
2 weeks ago#82
Silfurbor_Negla posted...

He triple his def res on p3, check out his stat on first page

Yep, so for the other 8 Odins, you're unlikely to gain any advantage from P3's extra weaknesses, so you really feel the DEF/RES increase.

But for off-element Bio-weak Odin teams, going from 0.6x to 1.8x damage (that's assuming full imperils) dwarfs that DEF/RES tripling.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

ffrkowaway
1 week ago#83
So, this:
T17: Savage Confuseja (NAT: Slot [1-3-5] Auto Confuse, 1.76s CT)

The "Auto" notation means really isn't a way to block it? I had Astra up, but Tifa and Gladio still got confused (Gladio hit himself for like 12K damage), just as they were about to start DPSing. Is it an issue with one of Odin's bio moves (would have to be T16, or maybe T13) eating the Astra with a Poison proc?

Maybe I just need to put Tifa and Gladio in slots 2 and 4, and let high-MND Ignis and Nanaki shrug off the Confuse? (Elarra's already in slot 3)
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Kumagoro

Kumagoro
1 week ago#84
ffrkowaway posted...
So, this:

The "Auto" notation means really isn't a way to block it? I had Astra up, but Tifa and Gladio still got confused (Gladio hit himself for like 12K damage), just as they were about to start DPSing. Is it an issue with one of Odin's bio moves (would have to be T16, or maybe T13) eating the Astra with a Poison proc?

Maybe I just need to put Tifa and Gladio in slots 2 and 4, and let high-MND Ignis and Nanaki shrug off the Confuse? (Elarra's already in slot 3)

IIRC, Astra doesn't block T17 Confuse. Your only options are to push P3 before it happens or have an Esunaga ready like Tyro's Glint. Pretty sure you need an unobtainable amount of MND to shrug off Confuse, I think even 1000 MND is still something like 10secs duration.

ffrkowaway
1 week ago#85
Thanks for confirming! And yeah, just checked, Confuse duration is ridiculous. You'd have to be at 1150 MND to get it down to even 6s. And at 900 MND (around the upper limit for most non-healers), it's a 12s duration -- every 250 MND is about 6s difference.

Could also just hit them with an attack to clear Confuse of course, but might be Larsa's time to shine with USB2 (and maybe I'll lens his USB1 while I'm at it).
(edited 1 week ago)

ffrkowaway
1 week ago#86
Joining the 9/9 Odin club, with a 56s victory! Honestly not too bad at all with 2 AASBs, just takes a while to get going.

Everyone dived and fairly maxed out:

Ignis / BSB + QC LMR / R5 Poison Leaves + R5 Entrust / Mako Might
Larsa / USB2 + BSB / R5 Wrath + R3 Hastega / DMT
Gladiolus / AASB + SSB / R5 Gaia Force + R5 Lifesiphon / +40% knight dmg RM
Tifa / AASB + AOSB + BSB2 / R5 Ironfist Eart + R5 Lifesiphon / +40% monk dmg RM
Red XIII / CSB + USB1 + USB2 + BSB / R5 Wrath x2 / Ace Striker
Fabula Priestess as RW
Titan (+L15 Empower Earth, +L8 HP Boon) as main magicite; Madeen x3 (+L8 Blade Ward x2, +L20 ATK Boon, +L10 Deadly Strikes, +L20 MND Boon, +L15 Healing Boon) and Deathgaze (+L8 HP Boon x2) as subs

There are a lot of no-damage turns, and I managed to win before the third Elemental Drive in P3, so I think I only used Priestess once, thanks also to Gladio's SSB Guts. Larsa USB2 was clutch for clearing the T17 Confuseja, since Astra doesn't block it.

Approximate turn order:

Ignis: Skip -> (wait) -> land Poison Leaves just before 5s -> Entrust Larsa -> more Poison Leaves -> BSB a little past 20s -> Power up Tifa -> regain ingredients -> Power up Gladio (I thnk the Confuseja kept him from getting crit damage, though that wasn't an issue) -> Entrust Larsa

Larsa: Hastega -> BSB -> USB2 -> repeating Wrath x2 into USB2 until out of Wrath -> Hastega to cast Esuna to clear Confuseja -> Hastega and USB2 as necessary

Gladio: Lifesiphon until gauge nearing full -> SSB -> Gaia Force -> SSB again after Last Stand triggers -> AASB after Confuseja -> Gaia Force spam

Tifa: Lifesiphon until a little over 4 bars -> Ironfist Earth x2 -> BSB2 x2 -> AASB -> Ironfist Earth x6 -> AOSB to send to P3 -> Ironfist Earth -> BSB2

Nanaki: Wrath a bunch, summoning Titan after T5 and T15 Rages, Priestess after T14 I think, USB1 after gauge almost full, USB2 at around 20s and renewing in P3, CSB landing just before Tifa AASB, BSB to clear T21 Poison with Regen
(edited 1 week ago)

ffrkowaway
1 week ago#87
Oh, a couple other notes on my above clear:

Red XIII also refreshed his CSB when the first one ran out.

(Weirdly, Tifa was on the edge of getting her 6th action in during her AASB, but lost BDL and dualcast from her AASB just as the first CSB was about to end. Somehow she still followed up her 9999 per hit Ironfist Earth with the overflow chase though.)

Having a 6* main magicite is great here if you're stalling to build gauge. If you're not pushing HP thresholds with damage (which definitely wasn't happening with all that Lifesiphoning), there are only 3 Rages to break until T15, perfect for a 6* to handle.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: OutsiderX

OutsiderX
1 week ago#88
ffrkowaway posted...
Having a 6* main magicite is great here if you're stalling to build gauge. If you're not pushing HP thresholds with damage (which definitely wasn't happening with all that Lifesiphoning), there are only 3 Rages to break until T15, perfect for a 6* to handle.

That's good to know. Thanks ffrk!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Bio Dark Odin (Bio Weak) Discussion Topic
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers