• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Bio Dark Odin (Bio Weak) Discussion Topic

User Info: ZeroQ8

ZeroQ8
6 months ago#41
Tried cloud team, he did poison in slot 2 to make it poison

From what i can tell is u need zidane along to fill chain

So thats the party:

Cloud
Zidane
Edge
Zack
Faris

Edge will blink thr curse and hit RW heal

Yet the problem is his SB fill sucks

Maybe faris can give little SBs to him

The dmg was decent with quina like 20x8 but the savage lvls takes it down alot and no zack glint is even worse so cant do s*** there

User Info: ffrkowaway

ffrkowaway
5 months ago#42
The reddit mastery survey has just as many bio clears as this topic: https://old.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/bzmszm/mmastery_survey_5_magicite_dungeon_dark_odin/

User Info: SacredX

SacredX
5 months ago#43
@KnightLordST posted...
SolitaireD Are you sure all moves in Bio are piercing?

Cause the Curse on slot 2,3,4 did 9999 damage to each of them while the opening AOE only did like 4000.

I'm 90% sure this is another AI oversight by DeNA. I don't think it was meant to be piercing since its multiplier is oddly high compared to all other physical piercing abilities Odin has across all forms, then add status effects on top of that? Doesn't make sense. Either it wasn't meant to be piercing or it wasn't meant to be physical.

To be a bit more accurate, Savage Curse deals 582% Piercing Physical damage. Most other piercing physical moves by other Odins are 164% x2, or 338%, still much lower and those don't even deal status effects. Then compare to Odin's piercing magical damage from his Bio state, which range from 486% to 630%; if Savage Curse was meant to be magical then it'd fit almost perfectly inbetween.

It actually looks like the move probably was meant to be magical and bit physical, but I can also buy the idea that it was meant to be physical and non-piercing.

This isn't the first time DeNA has messed up the AI of a top boss. Some that immediately come to mind are Ultimate Bartz, which was largely why many users found that boss to be difficult, as well as Torment Shadow Dragon from the old FFIV Torment, albeit a minor AI oversight. There was also Helgenish from the Octopath Traveler event, but they actually fixed that one.
Random FFRK Tips: https://redd.it/a8p2q5

User Info: Armor King 108

Armor King 108
5 months ago#44
It's very telling that it's easier to beat the boss off-element than his actual weakness.
"Ha! They locked us up in a house made of candy." Gibari, Baten Kaitos
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b142/ArmorKing108/screen-8.jpg?t=1405420906

User Info: Silfurbor_Negla

Silfurbor_Negla
5 months ago#45
shaoqiang posted...
SnowxNeverLeft posted...
Off-element (fire) "poverty" clear with gen 1 chain and no AASB/AOSB

https://youtu.be/FX5L7rso1G8

Edit: sorry, he does have Bartz's AASB so it's not strictly a "poverty" team.

Does Wol have a party pblink? What SB is that?

1 month old question but I just recently knew the wol in video used party pblink shared sb from scarlet saga/romance saga colab, seems really handy but we will never get it right lol
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: SnowxNeverLeft

SnowxNeverLeft
5 months ago#46
I wonder if I can pull this off with a lightning team

Tyro USB1/USB4/LMR
Elarra USB1/USB2
Noctis AASB/USB2/SSB
Sora AASB/BSB/USB/LMR
Prompto CSB/BSB1/BSB2/LMR

or an ice one
Tyro
Elarra
Sora (same as above, plus Ice Glint)
Squall AASB/BSB/USB1/USB2/LMR
Laguna CSB/USB2 and I could get his USB1 with anima lenses if needed

ffrkowaway
4 months ago#47
Bump

ffrkowaway
4 months ago#48
I wonder if I might have an easier time making this my 8th Odin clear, compared to holy-weak with no AASB....

User Info: KnightLordST

KnightLordST
4 months ago#49
ffrkowaway posted...
I wonder if I might have an easier time making this my 8th Odin clear, compared to holy-weak with no AASB....

I think you need Damage Reduction Barrier i.e. Penelo/Selphie AASBs because Bio Odin hits super hard. And then the usual A-team setup of 2 aasb dps, 2.0 Chain & tyro usb4+elarra usb2.

User Info: sarothias

sarothias
4 months ago#50
@KnightLordST posted...
@ffrkowaway posted...

I think you need Damage Reduction Barrier i.e. Penelo/Selphie AASBs because Bio Odin hits super hard. And then the usual A-team setup of 2 aasb dps, 2.0 Chain & tyro usb4+elarra usb2.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure their were a few JP bio odin clears before healer AASBs came.
FFRK - Rem's AASB Code: 9DXU
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Bio Dark Odin (Bio Weak) Discussion Topic
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers