You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFII Torment: Guardian of the Altar General Information + Boss Tips

User Info: ffrkowaway

ffrkowaway
1 month ago#101
@ShinUltima Oof, stupid typo,. I even made a point about saying how much the HP Bubble + HP Stock helped, but somehow the wrong USB made it in there (I don't even own Minwu's USB2).

Anyway, good that you managed to power through the confusion. I feel like my sub-40 was a bit of a fluke, not so much because of a ton of dualcasts (it didn't feel like it, but I'm not ruling it out), but more with things lining up just right so everyone was always under Allegro. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.
(edited 1 month ago)
https://imgur.com/6cw5tNy

MEH, can't sub30 because I'm missing 2 key pieces (Maria USB and Minwu DC LMR), but other than that, probably the easiest T.2 in terms of managing incoming damage.

Firion USB2/AOSB, Healing Smite, TGC RM
Minwu USB2, Holyja/Holy, Dr. Mog's
Hilda USB, Hastega/AcM, MM
Maria BSB/AOSB, Shellga/Chain Stonaga, Scholar's boon
Emperor USB2, Dispel/Meltdown, Acestriker

User Info: PlatinumArrow

PlatinumArrow
1 month ago#103
@Ares982 Sorry for the lateness, but I wasn't mentioned so I didn't see this instantly.

Team: https://i.imgur.com/51DM28g.jpg (Hilda's RM is Gilgamesh's L99 ProShell + Haste RM)
Magicites: https://i.imgur.com/RaVdT9F.jpg

Main magicite: Lakshmi (+Magic Boon Lv. 20, +Health Boon Lv. 8)

Of the Legend Sphere dives here, the only truly important one is Josef. His USB + LM2 combination is what will allow you to survive Incubus Starfall. One thing that I should note is that Maria absolutely needs all those hones. She ran dry at the end. If you have her Burst, switch to it once you run out of hones for her USB.

Turn 1 more or less gives itself away from that setup. Enfeebling Jitterbug, Maria uses the Chain RW, Hailstorm on Firion before he starts using Frost-Touched Blade, Dispel on Minwu, and USB for Josef. Shellga on the next turn and begin throwing out Curadas from Minwu, and hit Meltdown / Frost-Touched Blade until USBs are ready to go.

Other things to note:
- You can use Lakshmi pretty much instantly, and I would recommend doing so the moment it's ready to use. This is because all of its statuses target different slots, AND it doesn't start throwing out statuses until Phase 3. But the most important reason why you need to do it ASAP is because the faster it deactivates, the faster you can use it the second time -- because Lakshmi blocking statuses after a second cast was essential to not dying in Phase 5.
- Hilda BSB doesn't block Incubus Starfall, obviously, but it blocks everything else, and that includes the status attacks that aren't Incubus Poison Cloud. With two healers I think you should run into fewer problems with incoming damage. So your biggest problem is going to be hones. If you have Bursts like maybe Minwu's BSB2 for last-ditch attacks, use them.
- Hilda and Josef are in the top slots targeted by Poison Cloud because they contribute the least here to damage + healing, but if you value Hilda over Minwu, switch their positions. You can also put Minwu in the middle position to shrug off Icestorm's Stop, and switch Firion where he is in my setup. Josef's LM2 won't activate if he's paralyzed, so please be careful to keep Astra up.

Let me know how this does or what other problems you run into.
FFRK FC: QJLH | Currently: Magic Hour (Roxas AASB)

User Info: drg3

drg3
1 month ago#104
Threw Hilda on my team with her no soul breaks and no dive, crafted enfeebling jitterbug, and the fight became pretty ‘easy’, as long as timing was all right. Double healer let Minwu save his bars for before and after incubus starfall, which isn’t fatal if your hp is high enough and it’s magic is debuffed instead of buffed.

Took 59.22 with two healers though, but glad it’s done. two to go (I & III)

Guy usb bsb
Hilda
Minwu ssb
Maria usb, bsb, aosb
emperor usb1, usb2, lmr

User Info: Ktc

Ktc
1 month ago#105
You people weren't joking about slotting in our SBless Hildas eh?
Sloppy but it is a clear and we take those!

https://i.imgtc.com/IWrHGc3.png

Firion - Banishing Strike R3, Frost-Touched Blade R4 - USB2 - LM1 + LM2 - DMT
Hilda - Ultra Cure R5, Enfeebling Jitterbug R3 - Godspeed
Minwu - Holyja R5, Shellga - USB1, USB2 - LM1 - Battleforged
Guy - Earthen Rebuke R5, Ironfist Earth R4 - USB - LM1 + LM2 - TGM
Josef - Icicle Rush R3, Gaia Rush R4 - LM1 + LM2 - USB - MM

Main: Adamantoise (+lv15 Empower Earth, lv8 Deadly Strikes)
Sub: Famfrit (+lv8 Blade Ward, lv8 Health Boon), Phoenix (+lv10 Dampen Ice, lv5 Magic Ward), Madeen (+lv15 Attack Boon x2), Manticore (+lv15/10 Empower Ice)

This is a case of Josef's LM2 coming in handy, as I decided to go DPS with Minwu midway. What made it difficult was Firion getting paralyzed almost back to back (and me mistakenly healing Josef the 2nd time because I forgot he would be paralyzed yet again). So Minwu contributed some DPS during that part, leaving him honeless in the process and casting Shellga until the fight ended.

Magicite deck could be better since as you can see there are some passives that remained there from the inheritance process (like that Deadly Strikes on Adamantoise). Maybe that helped Firion's DPS a bit (?). My deck as a whole needs some reworking anyway.

What I could try is slotting Maria with BSB in Josef's place but some other time :P
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: ShadowSeph

ShadowSeph
1 month ago#106
PlatinumArrow posted...
@Ares982 Sorry for the lateness, but I wasn't mentioned so I didn't see this instantly.

Team: https://i.imgur.com/51DM28g.jpg (Hilda's RM is Gilgamesh's L99 ProShell + Haste RM)
Magicites: https://i.imgur.com/RaVdT9F.jpg

Main magicite: Lakshmi (+Magic Boon Lv. 20, +Health Boon Lv. 8)

Of the Legend Sphere dives here, the only truly important one is Josef. His USB + LM2 combination is what will allow you to survive Incubus Starfall. One thing that I should note is that Maria absolutely needs all those hones. She ran dry at the end. If you have her Burst, switch to it once you run out of hones for her USB.

Turn 1 more or less gives itself away from that setup. Enfeebling Jitterbug, Maria uses the Chain RW, Hailstorm on Firion before he starts using Frost-Touched Blade, Dispel on Minwu, and USB for Josef. Shellga on the next turn and begin throwing out Curadas from Minwu, and hit Meltdown / Frost-Touched Blade until USBs are ready to go.

Other things to note:
- You can use Lakshmi pretty much instantly, and I would recommend doing so the moment it's ready to use. This is because all of its statuses target different slots, AND it doesn't start throwing out statuses until Phase 3. But the most important reason why you need to do it ASAP is because the faster it deactivates, the faster you can use it the second time -- because Lakshmi blocking statuses after a second cast was essential to not dying in Phase 5.
- Hilda BSB doesn't block Incubus Starfall, obviously, but it blocks everything else, and that includes the status attacks that aren't Incubus Poison Cloud. With two healers I think you should run into fewer problems with incoming damage. So your biggest problem is going to be hones. If you have Bursts like maybe Minwu's BSB2 for last-ditch attacks, use them.
- Hilda and Josef are in the top slots targeted by Poison Cloud because they contribute the least here to damage + healing, but if you value Hilda over Minwu, switch their positions. You can also put Minwu in the middle position to shrug off Icestorm's Stop, and switch Firion where he is in my setup. Josef's LM2 won't activate if he's paralyzed, so please be careful to keep Astra up.

Let me know how this does or what other problems you run into.

I'm going to try to copy your strat, but I have a question. Why the ProShellga + Haste RM on Hilda?
PSN: ThaHammett

ffrkowaway
3 weeks ago#107
Tip for those thinking of using Leon as a dark mage, and don't mind making Wave 1 Artifacts for Torments:

The MAG bow Artifact for the realm is perfect for dark mage Leon. (I am considering this, myself.)

User Info: Smealiko

Smealiko
3 weeks ago#108
@ffrkowaway Gratz on FF15 sub30 D??? I'm already using the bow artifact on Leon since I have his lmr, but no matter what I can't sub30 this boss. I have Leon USB1, Maria AOSB USB ,Guy USB, Emperor USB1,BSB1,SSB, Scott BSB and my best time so far is 35secs.

ffrkowaway
3 weeks ago#109
@Smealiko Thanks, and you were right about it being crazy getting Noctis SSB timing right

Definitely feels like you should have a sub-30 here though, almost just from Maria and Leon alone. Assuming Hilda can carry Allegro in your setup at least.

I think the key might be to skip the P4T2 Ultimate Level Down (presumably with Maria AOSB and a Leon dualcast). Then you don't need to pack Dispel or Banishing Strike.

So maybe:

Hilda with Enfeebling Jitterbug + Allegro

Minwu BSB2 (if you can select it from AA Book 9) with Hastega + Shellga (with Mako Might, since he can heal with Cmd2 and DPS with Cmd1)

Maria with Chain Stoneja + Meltdown

Leon with Memento Mori and Necro Countdown

Emperor BSB1 with Memento Mori and Chain Tornado

Not sure which RMs for the mages... DMT? Ace Striker? 15% dualcast? Damage RMs for Leon/Emperor?

Scott with an Artifact seems likely better than Emperor, something I'm also debating...

User Info: Smealiko

Smealiko
3 weeks ago#110
Oh yea I don't use dispel or banishing strike. I already tried out the team that you suggested without Minwu BSB2 and no luck so far. Unfortunately, I already wasted all my choices for AA so picking up Minwu BSB2 is not an option for me. I didn't think I could sub30 D??? back in the days, but now I totally regret my choices haha. I forgot to say that I do have Minwu USB1 and the lack of his en-Holy is hurting me a lot.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFII Torment: Guardian of the Altar General Information + Boss Tips