• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Jump Rope Rally - General Information + Minigame Tips

User Info: Relm_Arrowny_87

Relm_Arrowny_87
2 months ago#1
Jump Rope. Two words that strike fear into the hearts of many an FF9 player. This event is expected Sunday, March 24, along with the rest of the fest.

This is based off of the FF9 minigame. It's pretty simple, there's a button at the bottom of the screen, and you tap said button to jump the rope. The minigame continues until you mess up the timing. You can try as many times as you wish.

No stamina costs here. There will be a Global leaderboard for this event.

----------------------

Jump Rope rewards:
10: 3 Stamina Potions
20: 5 Major Growth Eggs
30: Music Record: Vivi's Theme
40: Octogon Rod (Vivi USB2 -- ATK/MAG +30%, Haste & 2000 HP Stock to party)
60: 10 of each Major Orb
80: 50 of each 3* Mote
100: 20 of each 4* Mote
200: 1,000,000 gil

Obviously you want to hit 40 jumps to get that SB, at least. This is simple in theory, but it can be a little tough to execute. If you're bad at this kind of minigame, even just 40 won't exactly be free. And if you want to get all of the reward tiers, then you have your work cut out for you, because it's just hard to go that long without making a mistake.

The game keeps going past 200, but there's no rewards for that. Unless you're going for the top leaderboard spots, anyway.
What a fuddy duddy.

User Info: Relm_Arrowny_87

Relm_Arrowny_87
2 months ago#2
I found limited actual strategy info here, but I'll give you what I've got.

Timing patterns:
1-20: A slow and steady pattern.
21-40: It speeds up slightly when you pass 20.
41-60: It speeds up again when you pass 40.
61-80: It slows back down.
81-100: It should speed up again.
101+: [I... have absolutely no idea.]

The speed changes are the trickiest part. Especially the one at 40 jumps, because it's suddenly pretty fast at that point. I also noticed multiple people lose at 100 exactly in videos, so it's possible that something quite unusual happens at 100. Perhaps the rope changes direction or something.

Also, I'm not sure if the speeds are actually consistent, or randomized any. I suspect that 60+ might actually choose from a few different possible speeds. So be careful if that's the case.

Oh... And one more thing.

The FPS Exploit:
Apparently, if you use an external program that limits the game's FPS, it's possible to make the entire game play in slow-motion. It's slower going, but you should be able to time jumps and react to speed changes much better.
What a fuddy duddy.

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
2 months ago#3
Relm_Arrowny_87 posted...
40: Octogon Rod (Vivi USB2 -- ATK/MAG +30%, Haste & 2000 HP Stock to party)

Oh yeah, I forgot it was kinda useful. Although since he's my only good magical attacker in the realm and I have Quina's USB....

I don't know if it's worth a jump rope mini-game >_>
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: ZeroQ8

ZeroQ8
2 months ago#4
Jump for your love!

https://youtu.be/rk7zhB_m4gc

User Info: Smealiko

Smealiko
2 months ago#5
Uh this game I have nightmares from FF9 and Super Mario Odyssey.

User Info: RandoGamerKid

RandoGamerKid
2 months ago#6
Considering my Vivi is LMR1 USB AOSB, I could use another SB on him for utility I guess
5430 3269 9570 3DS FC

User Info: vivi69

vivi69
2 months ago#7
Oh man, i cant wait to get this new toy for my boi

User Info: Sabberzombie

Sabberzombie
2 months ago#8
I'm bad at this kind of game... But 40 should be possible with some practice. >.<

User Info: SolitaireD

SolitaireD
2 months ago#9
40 ain't bad.

Those with bad reflexes will probably get them within 3 hours.
I'm below average and got mine in 1 hour.

It is the 4* motes that needs practice, patience, and talent.
3DS FC: 2809-9061-6615
JP FFRK (QT3rB): All utility except Runic and Astra.

User Info: SnowxNeverLeft

SnowxNeverLeft
2 months ago#10
...hours?

So not looking forward to this.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Jump Rope Rally - General Information + Minigame Tips
  • Topic Archived